Stalled Modivio xCase - customizable console-style case

Hank0

Caliper Novice
Oct 13, 2017
Matt has been very accommodating in providing me a customized quote to fit my needs. I have most of the components for my SFF build and now trying to find the right case. What's holding me back right now is the cost/shipping of the PCI-E riser puts the cost of Modivio cases closer to other "premium" cases that include the riser.

What would help sell me right now, is there anyone in the SFF community doing a comprehensive build log?

Matt3D

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modivio
Mar 2, 2017
When it comes to SSD mounts, it seems like there's three slots above the GPU if it's facing the other way, but when it's facing the same way as the MB, are the three SSD slots underneath the GPU?

Exactly. The same bracket is mounted underneath the motherboard. 3 SSD's above the graphics card:

3SSD's underneath the graphics card:

If you'd be planning to use internal HD-PLEX 300W AC-DC unit it takes the space of 1SSD. Both brackets - for 3SSD's and 2SSD's are supplied with the case so you can decide later on.

I'm really tempted to get one of these. It looks amazing. Just have to sell my Osmi and I will order one from you!
BTW I'm planning on a low power (ryzen 1400+1050ti) build and will be using the hdplex 160w + brick. Is the cutout for the brick compatible with the 7.4x5.0mm connector?

Awesome! It's compatible with 7.4x5.0mm connector. Additionally xCase M is compatible with internal HD-PLEX 160 AC-DC brick AND in version with graphics card facing the opposite direction to CPU it's even possible to mount C14 connector inside the case.

Edward Hay

Trash Compacter
Aug 5, 2016
Would the KMPKT Dnyamo duo in a Xcase m version force you to get a itx gpu, or would the Zotac gtx 1080ti mini still fit?

Matt3D

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modivio
Mar 2, 2017
@Matt3D when will you have pictures of the L and LE versions? Will the LE version fit a radiator? Is there a price in PLN?

I'm currently splitting my time between filling orders for xCase S & M and designing the L and LE versions. It might take me another 2 weeks before the photos of new version will be ready. L and LE versions will certainly fit 120mm radiator if ITX graphics card and SFX PSU is used. There will be mounting points to attach it firmly. If the width of the case would be increased from 330mm to 340mm, 140mm radiators would fit as well. I'll have to check if LE version will fit the radiator along with full length graphics card but that would make less sense from the airflow perspective. 499PLN for xCase L and 539PLN for xCase LE seems like a reasonable price.

Would the KMPKT Dnyamo duo in a Xcase m version force you to get a itx gpu, or would the Zotac gtx 1080ti mini still fit?

Dynamo 360 would be mounted in the same spot where HD-PLEX 400W is on previous renders. Therefore it could be used with Zotac GTX 1070Ti Mini without any issues. It would require an external brick though.

Last edited:

Al Hoff

Average Stuffer
Feb 25, 2017
Sounds like you are keeping pretty busy! Will you implement into your website the different power connector openings one day, or is that more of a special order contact you kind of deal. Just curious.

Reactions: Biowarejak

Matt3D

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modivio
Mar 2, 2017
Sounds like you are keeping pretty busy! Will you implement into your website the different power connector openings one day, or is that more of a special order contact you kind of deal. Just curious.

It definitely needs a better description on my website as well as some additional options in the shop. I'll add them soon. Untill that happens, things work this way:
- 7.4x5.0 connector adapter is supplied as default option with each case
- if you require an adapter for G-Unique 8pin or 12pin connector please leave a comment during the process of placing the order
- if you require an option to mount C14 connector it's currently possible only in cases with graphics card facing the opposite direction to motherboard

Edward Hay

Trash Compacter
Aug 5, 2016
Hmmm, think I'm gonna wait for the L version, just because it's much easier and cheaper to select the parts that I'd like :p

Matt3D

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modivio
Mar 2, 2017
Is it possible to get a render with the KMPKT Dynamo Duo?

If a CAD model would be enough:

So are we looking at better temps with any specific layout configuration or is it just an aesthetic preference?

I have yet to make some tests with 1070/1080 but from what I observed up untill now temperature differences aren't that big.

Hank0

Caliper Novice
Oct 13, 2017
Li-Heat Type B. 300mm riser is the one I'd recommend.

Couple of questions on the PCI-Riser Cable. Has anyone else sourced out other risers on AliExpress or other manufacturers? Li-Heat type B - 300mm costs $65 USD shipped which is 2/3 the cost of the small Modivio case I'm looking at purchasing. For the graphics card faced down, Li-Heat doesn't have a 50mm riser. Is there an alternate recommended model/brand?

Matt3D

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modivio
Mar 2, 2017
Sintech makes a good 50mm flex riser. I've used one for almost a year without any problems.

True, it's really high quality. I'm recomending Sintech's 50mm riser as the best option for versions of xCase with graphics card facing an opposite direction to motherboard. I thoroughly tested the compatibility with the case - it fits perfectly. It can be picked up directly from Sintech's website or Amazon.

Hank0

Caliper Novice
Oct 13, 2017
Matt, I think you killed it with the white version. Looks very contemporary. Doesn't even look like a computer case. That sold me and I have put in my order. Look for a build thread in the near future.

Reactions: Matt3D and br3nd0

br3nd0

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 29, 2016
Matt, I think you killed it with the white version. Looks very contemporary. Doesn't even look like a computer case. That sold me and I have put in my order. Look for a build thread in the near future.

+1 on that, I think I'll be ordering the same next week.

@Matt3D am I right in assuming that the slightly-visible join line in the front middle (and probably rear) is because the wrap-around bezel comes as 2 separate pieces? Sorry if I've missed this somewhere previously :)

ThatSuspiciousGuy

Chassis Packer
Aug 6, 2017
True, it's really high quality. I'm recomending Sintech's 50mm riser as the best option for versions of xCase with graphics card facing an opposite direction to motherboard. I thoroughly tested the compatibility with the case - it fits perfectly. It can be picked up directly from Sintech's website or Amazon.

wow, is that the s or m model?

Matt3D

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modivio
Mar 2, 2017

Thanks!

@Matt3D am I right in assuming that the slightly-visible join line in the front middle (and probably rear) is because the wrap-around bezel comes as 2 separate pieces? Sorry if I've missed this somewhere previously

That's actually a very good question. The wrap-around bezel comes in one, solid piece but is printed in 4 pieces which are permanently connected together during the post-processing stage of manufacturing.

wow, is that the s or m model?

It's the M version.

As soon as the L version is released i'll order (provided it's in white)

Awesome! There will be a version with white bezel for sure.

Reactions: raymondo and br3nd0

xcrco

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2017
SE and ME versions are ready for manufacturing, I'll make the renders and put them in the shop ASAP. L and LE versions are almost ready - they should be available in the shop at the end of January.

BTW here are some pictures of a custom version I made for one of the forum members. It's an extra small version measuring only 3.6L (330x195x56mm) suitable for HP AIO 300W internal PSU from G-Unique, 4 SSD's and up to 28mm high CPU coolers.

Love this small version that can fit a low profile card and can fit a 160w pico or hdplex

Reactions: Matt3D