Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Me three.

sgtspiff

Caliper Novice
May 25, 2018
I've high hopes for this thingy.
If it works better (or atleast quieter) then the mxm cooler on the deskmini it Will change my next rig a lot.

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
After seeing the compatibility issues the Black Ridge is having on the AM4 platform, I started looking around for an alternative. That lead me to this thread.....

I hope that you are doing well and are in a place to make some progress on this cooler. I'm looking to start a new build in 2019 and would love to be a kick-start backer to a SFF cooler.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
Original poster
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Looks like the guy I have asked to do the soldering for the prototype has lost interest and I am back to the drawing board in terms of finding an engineering firm that can put this together for me. If anyone has a contact with these sorts of capabilities in North America, let me know please.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
Original poster
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Thanks Dondan. Also tried Celsia and they only do large scale industrial contracts :(

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
Thanks Dondan. Also tried Celsia and they only do large scale industrial contracts :(
That's a bummer. Did they give you a minimum number? If we can reach a kick-starter goal of 500 of your heatsinks world-wide, would that be enough? 1000?

annasoh323

Master of Cramming
Apr 4, 2018
That's a bummer. Did they give you a minimum number? If we can reach a kick-starter goal of 500 of your heatsinks world-wide, would that be enough? 1000?
A good thought but I think the current problem is the proto. I wonder if they would wrap all of that up into one package, prototyping and manufacture? I wonder if there have been business projections similar to what you're suggesting, i.e. "I expect x number of units to sell, therefore xyz, abc"