Production J-HACK PURE X - 4.3L LP GPU chassis with FLEX support

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Hey, if I want to have a 2,5 drive, the only way is to use a double side tape?

There are a lot of holes on the back, could someone tells me the option that I have with these?

Thanks a lot!

Makusan

Chassis Packer
Nov 27, 2019
After a couple feedback, I will have to decrease the official supported cooler height down to 67mm. While SOME larger coolers may fit, the variance is a bit too much. A user reported that his Noctua NH-L12S did not fit, specifically by 2mm. While my Big Shuriken 3 did fit (with 1mm to spare on Asrock B450 ITX AM4).

This does hurt the viability of the project and it seems I made a couple mistakes. If any buyers are not 100% satisfied, please send me a PM/contact email.

Will the Noctua NH-L9i work in this case?

soundblaster

Case Bender
New User
Dec 18, 2019
I'm only able to mount the mean well psu with one screw with the psu oriented sideways. On the side of the psu, the screw holes are 7.5 mm apart but the holes on the bottom of the case are 5.5 mm apart. Although, the psu's mounting holes on the bottom line up with the case's so I can mount the psu right-side-up but then that doesn't leave enough room for the mobo. Did I miss something?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I'm only able to mount the mean well psu with one screw with the psu oriented sideways. On the side of the psu, the screw holes are 7.5 mm apart but the holes on the bottom of the case are 5.5 mm apart. Although, the psu's mounting holes on the bottom line up with the case's so I can mount the psu right-side-up but then that doesn't leave enough room for the mobo. Did I miss something?

No you are correct. I just finished the adapters (ssd and rear cover) so PM me your order number and I'll mail you them. It'll fix the issue. I provided the mounting holes as an after thought and mixed up the specifics. You will see two set of them. The one near the gpu allows you to mount ssd or hdds.

Anyone else reading this and wants to use the meanwell can Pm me their order number and I'll mail the covers.

@smitty2k1 you also need a set right?

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
No you are correct. I just finished the adapters (ssd and rear cover) so PM me your order number and I'll mail you them. It'll fix the issue. I provided the mounting holes as an after thought and mixed up the specifics. You will see two set of them. The one near the gpu allows you to mount ssd or hdds.

Anyone else reading this and wants to use the meanwell can Pm me their order number and I'll mail the covers.

@smitty2k1 you also need a set right?

Yes please! Glad to hear you didn't forget about us :)

soundblaster

Case Bender
New User
Dec 18, 2019
I got my adapter and rear cover in the mail. Thanks, @Thehack ! I need a bit of help with it, though. I was thinking the adapter would go between the PSU and the case but I the holes don't seem to line up.

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Let me double check the model.

I didn't check mine, I just installed the rear Flex cover. I assumed that bottom bracket was just for 2.5" SSDs and not for the Meanwell support. My Meanwell has been doing fine with a single screw holding it in.

2bitmarksman

Chassis Packer
Feb 17, 2020
Been searching for a while to find a perfect case for a mobile homelab box, and this could easily fit the bill. I'm wondering though, anyone got any pics of how/where they stuff their SSDs? I'll need to stuff a minimum of 2 in there, but wouldn't complain if I could put in 4+. Is there an SSD bracket for the XL @Thehack ? I saw that your store had one for standard Pure case and was curious if the XL had one

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Been searching for a while to find a perfect case for a mobile homelab box, and this could easily fit the bill. I'm wondering though, anyone got any pics of how/where they stuff their SSDs? I'll need to stuff a minimum of 2 in there, but wouldn't complain if I could put in 4+. Is there an SSD bracket for the XL @Thehack ? I saw that your store had one for standard Pure case and was curious if the XL had one
He provided a bracket that goes in the place of the Meanwell that holds 3 SSDs. I think it could also go in the place of the GPU.

2bitmarksman

Chassis Packer
Feb 17, 2020
He provided a bracket that goes in the place of the Meanwell that holds 3 SSDs. I think it could also go in the place of the GPU.

When I checked on J-hack's shop this bracket only lists the standard Pure, but is lacking the XL listed as compatible, so hence the question. Additionally, I'd be configuring the Pure X with this Flex PSU, and I'd like to put some 80mm fans on the side with the PCIe slot for some additional airflow.

If it adds clarity, below is my parts list for the project:

Part​
Quantity​
Price​
Total​
1​
930​
930​
1​
202​
202​
1​
115​
115​
1​
85​
85​
2​
360​
720​
1​
255​
255​
1​
27​
27​
1​
12​
12​
2​
11​
22​
TOTAL PRIOR TO TAX
2368​
AFTER TAX
2604.8​

If I can stuff more 2.5" SSDs with double sided tape in here without obstructing the 80mm fans too much, then I can get some that are a lower capacity and cheaper (hoping). I'll likely be ordering this case before ordering the board so I can do some test fitting. Might be able to get the cheaper variant with a passive heatsink and mount a Noctua NF-A12x25. If I can't stuff more drives, I'll probably swap to a Ryzen based build as I can just use the PCIe slot for the 10g networking instead

Last edited:

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
When I checked on J-hack's shop this bracket only lists the standard Pure, but is lacking the XL listed as compatible, so hence the question. Additionally, I'd be configuring the Pure XL with this Flex PSU, and I'd like to put some 80mm fans on the side with the PCIe slot for some additional airflow.

If it adds clarity, below is my parts list for the project:

Part​
Quantity​
Price​
Total​
1​
930​
930​
1​
202​
202​
1​
115​
115​
1​
85​
85​
2​
360​
720​
1​
255​
255​
1​
27​
27​
1​
12​
12​
2​
11​
22​
TOTAL PRIOR TO TAX
2368​
AFTER TAX
2604.8​

If I can stuff more 2.5" SSDs with double sided tape in here without obstructing the 80mm fans too much, then I can get some that are a lower capacity and cheaper (hoping). I'll likely be ordering this case before ordering the board so I can do some test fitting. Might be able to get the cheaper variant with a passive heatsink and mount a Noctua NF-A12x25. If I can't stuff more drives, I'll probably swap to a Ryzen based build as I can just use the PCIe slot for the 10g networking instead

The bracket is free of charge and comes with your unit.

For your build, using the bracket will obstruct the fans, so the best way to deal with it is to double side tape wherever you can fit it. This means one 1-2 in the front.

Reactions: 2bitmarksman

2bitmarksman

Chassis Packer
Feb 17, 2020
Autobody shop was expedient, so decided to do a bit of assembly and checking out how I want to route things. I'm suddenly debating between continuing the server board based build without anything in the PCie slot and mounting some 40mm fans on the side for good airflow, or build a ryzen 3600/3700x based system, add a 10g NIC, and likely forego the fans as they'd just be straight against the card. Anyway, here's some starting pictures: