Production J-HACK PURE X - 4.3L LP GPU chassis with FLEX support

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Awesome, I assume that I can use this case vertically on the PSU side. I don't see any photos that show case feet.

Rubber pads will be included and you can orientate it standing on the PSU side. I left two holes for future expansion of custom brackets so you will see it on the under side.

The cases will ship with foam adhesives. This can be added to the top cover, which then pushes down and secures GPU PCB. It is a very simple solution that I have come up with :). It is on purpose from the get-go.

You do not need the custom 3d printed bracket if you want to get more exhaust airflow near the GPU's PCB. If you prefer it without the bracket at all, please let me know! It'll save me some time, but everyone is entitled to a bracket. All files will also be available freely once I model them.

Those who requested GTX 1650 and early shipment will be shipped out soon. Gigabyte 1050 Ti will be modeled this weekend and if completed, will ship out next week.

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Rubber pads will be included and you can orientate it standing on the PSU side. I left two holes for future expansion of custom brackets so you will see it on the under side.

The cases will ship with foam adhesives. This can be added to the top cover, which then pushes down and secures GPU PCB. It is a very simple solution that I have come up with :). It is on purpose from the get-go.

You do not need the custom 3d printed bracket if you want to get more exhaust airflow near the GPU's PCB. If you prefer it without the bracket at all, please let me know! It'll save me some time, but everyone is entitled to a bracket. All files will also be available freely once I model them.

Those who requested GTX 1650 and early shipment will be shipped out soon. Gigabyte 1050 Ti will be modeled this weekend and if completed, will ship out next week.

Thanks for the update!

eeph

Cable Smoosher
Apr 13, 2019
Just received my case the other day and it looks great! I got the all black one. it looks especially good standing up vertically. Build quality is really solid as well.

I was a little sad that I couldn't fit my Raijintek Pallas cooler, although I probably could have if I used Corsair LPX RAM and bent the cooler downward a bit. With my Team Dark Pro RAM, the cooler was already sitting perfectly on top of it. Anyway, the stock cooler is more than sufficient for the 3400G and temps have not been an issue in the case.

I'll take some pictures after I re-do the cable harness for my PSU -- it's currently a mess of unnecessary rainbow wires.

Well done overall!

newzealot

Caliper Novice
Jul 26, 2019
That is strange. How is it that your Raijintek Pallas not fit? I thought the case has 70mm clearance, and your hsf is 68mm.

Could you elaborate more?

eeph

Cable Smoosher
Apr 13, 2019
Hmm. Maybe the socket is unusually high or the ram pushed it up a tiny bit. AM4 and big shuriken fits for me.
I mean I feel like that's the most likely reason. I don't doubt your compatibility. My cooler was probably pushed upward a couple of mm. Honestly it would have fit if I pushed everything together but I didn't want to put that strain on the case/fan.

I have some crappy LPX RAM that I may try out when re-do the PSU and install the GPU. I'll report back if I find out anything new.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
After a couple feedback, I will have to decrease the official supported cooler height down to 67mm. While SOME larger coolers may fit, the variance is a bit too much. A user reported that his Noctua NH-L12S did not fit, specifically by 2mm. While my Big Shuriken 3 did fit (with 1mm to spare on Asrock B450 ITX AM4).

This does hurt the viability of the project and it seems I made a couple mistakes. If any buyers are not 100% satisfied, please send me a PM/contact email.

Last edited:

Millisecond.build

Cable Smoosher
Apr 30, 2019
Well, after thinking about it for a week I placed my order! (This is my 8th sff case)
Planning on using a Thermalright AXP-100RH to cool a R7 1700X for a traveling dev machine.

Reactions: Thehack

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I more or less transferred everything from my Realan E-i7 to the J Hack Pure X over the weekend, photos and review at this link.

TL;DR -
Case paint looks great! Some updated hardware is needed, some improvements to tolerances, sizing, and machining could be improved in a version 2.

Thanks for the honest review!

BTW, I finished up a lot of work recently so I'll be working on some extra stuff.

Additional flex atx cover is coming soon, as well as a 3x ssd mounting plate.

Reactions: smitty2k1

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Hey just had (another) thought - could you build front I/O cutouts into the Flex ATX cover?
These cables seem to be fairly standardized

It is possible. I'll have to buy one to get the exact cutout size to test fit. Probably in 2 months it is available.

I just finished up the 3x Ssd and flex cover with secondary power entry. I'll give you an email when they're ready.

Jello

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 15, 2016
After a couple feedback, I will have to decrease the official supported cooler height down to 67mm. While SOME larger coolers may fit, the variance is a bit too much. A user reported that his Noctua NH-L12S did not fit, specifically by 2mm. While my Big Shuriken 3 did fit (with 1mm to spare on Asrock B450 ITX AM4).

This does hurt the viability of the project and it seems I made a couple mistakes. If any buyers are not 100% satisfied, please send me a PM/contact email.

In this case, L9x65 and Scythe BS2 would be the best options?

cleveland

Master of Cramming
Sep 8, 2016
hey, @Thehack, if you're going for Flex-ATX PSUs, why don't extend it a little bit and make it compatible with TFX PSUs too? The extra space could house 3.5'' HDDs and/or 2.5'' disks.