Production J-HACK PURE X - 4.3L LP GPU chassis with FLEX support

annasoh323

Master of Cramming
Apr 4, 2018
Up to DTX motherboard

<everyone starts leerily eyeing each other to see who's going to be the first person to try to stick the Asus ROG Impact Crosshair VIII in here>

It's funny: My brother is staying up all night to help watch over some things at church. He said he was going to bring his laptop. Someone else, last year, brought his big honking desktop and two monitors. So, my brother said something like, "I can see why mini ITX has its appeal." I took the opportunity to preach the good news of cases like this one. One day, he'll take the bait...

Reactions: Thehack and ignsvn

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Any updates ?? ?

I finally figured out this render stuff.

Getting really close to viability. In talks with a manufacturer right now.

the1q

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2019
This would be perfect for building a Hackintosh with a LP AMD card since it has native OS support. Running a Deskmini now and the Intel IGPU is...finicky.

rcradiator

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2018
This would be perfect for building a Hackintosh with a LP AMD card since it has native OS support. Running a Deskmini now and the Intel IGPU is...finicky.
That's odd. Aren't there loads of Macs using Intel iGPUS, including the current iMacs which use the 6 and 8 core Coffee Lake cpus? I'm not too familiar with Hackintoshes, but I would assume that Intel iGPUs would be one of the best supported parts of the build?

the1q

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2019
That's odd. Aren't there loads of Macs using Intel iGPUS, including the current iMacs which use the 6 and 8 core Coffee Lake cpus? I'm not too familiar with Hackintoshes, but I would assume that Intel iGPUs would be one of the best supported parts of the build?

You are right. I'm still on Kaby Lake i7. Still, a discreet Radeon would be much better for pro apps.

lorenavedon

Case Bender
Jul 20, 2019
Great case, can't wait to order one.
How about some vent holes in the front to mount 2 x 80mm fans blowing across the CPU/board and vent out the back?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Great case, can't wait to order one.
How about some vent holes in the front to mount 2 x 80mm fans blowing across the CPU/board and vent out the back?

No. It would have to increase in size, 20mm at least, and ruin a clean front. Besides, a top flow cooler does not need for intake and does just fine. I also can't afford multiple SKUs.

Wow, what CAD software is this?

Fusion 360 built in render.

Reactions: NinoPecorino

newzealot

Caliper Novice
Jul 26, 2019
Awesome!

I cannot see the supported gpu dimensions on the first post. Or does LP gpu have a standard dimension?

trongod

Efficiency Noob
Feb 1, 2019
I would love to see a version of this case without the expansion slots but still enough room for the flex psu and same cooler height. Would be a great APU build case.

Reactions: eeph

DKsystem

Average Stuffer
Sep 13, 2016
Just out of curiosity, can it be slimmer, like 85mm-ish? 80mm fans, flex psu at 81mm.. what made it thicker? Steel bend radius i guess?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Just out of curiosity, can it be slimmer, like 85mm-ish? 80mm fans, flex psu at 81mm.. what made it thicker? Steel bend radius i guess?

GPU height. I can drop it off by 1.6mm by using shorter standoffs (6.4mm instead of 8.4) but that would be the most I can do. Short stand off the gpu height is 82mm. Add 2 for some tolerance. I'll be using small foam strips to clamp down on the gpu to keep it in place.

Reactions: DKsystem