Production J-HACK PURE X - 4.3L LP GPU chassis with FLEX support

WHATT

Chassis Packer
Mar 26, 2019
I would love to know if this will support the Geeek custom Delta Flex units (170mm) as I already own one and would be really, really keen on something like this to pair with my WX4100. I wanted to support the initial Pure, but this is a sweet spot I can totally get behind.

I do agree with this. My personal feeling is that the flexible options for power support plus the taller CPU cooler height in a case that is still as compact as this is will be what ultimately makes it an attractive option for more powerful mini-itx builds. That said I can work with the dimensions as is. But I don't think a couple extra millimeters of clearance would hurt either.

jko

What's an ITX?
Apr 13, 2019
I just made an account to show interest for this. I'm looking for a case that is portable enough to shove in a backpack and can hold a 1050ti and Flex ATX PSU. I love how the original Pure turned out but I'd like to be able to re-use my existing Ryzen 1600 and add a 1050ti for a very portable desktop/light gaming solution. I think stepping down to a 2400G is unbearable for me and the Pure XL would be a nice middle ground.

Reactions: Thehack

eeph

Cable Smoosher
Apr 13, 2019
I too just made an account to express interest. I've been looking for a case for an APU that can fit a 70 mm cooler to allow for the best possible overclock. That a modular flex ATX PSU would fit is a bonus so that I don't have to screw around anymore with picoPSUs or bulkier/expensive HDplex boards. I would instantly buy for < $150.

Reactions: Thehack

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Thanks for giving your thoughts! It seems like there may just be enough demand to do a small batch of these things.

Also welcome to the forums. Hope you stay awhile!

Reactions: DSmithBYU

sid21177

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2019
Could you give a render/example of how the 2.5 Drives would mount in the GPU compartment in lieu of the GPU

Can we put 4 of them in there ??

rcradiator

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2018
Could you give a render/example of how the 2.5 Drives would mount in the GPU compartment in lieu of the GPU

Can we put 4 of them in there ??
Not sure about 2.5" HDD, but if you're talking about 2.5" SSD, you could get away with 6 2.5" SSDs in the gpu area through the magic of double sided tape (definitely not an elegant solution, but rarely is anything super elegant anyway when you're talking sub 5 liters).

sid21177

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2019
Not sure about 2.5" HDD, but if you're talking about 2.5" SSD, you could get away with 6 2.5" SSDs in the gpu area through the magic of double sided tape (definitely not an elegant solution, but rarely is anything super elegant anyway when you're talking sub 5 liters).

Lol - @Thehack was mentioning there are mounts so I was trying to get a visualization

nextpc

Average Stuffer
Jul 12, 2016
@Thehack i like your work. Ordered your Pure and love it! I'm also wondering if there will ever be a Sandwich style case in the works similar to the Customod Mini 3.2/3.9L. I for one like this form factor as it's really tiny and I don't need to ditch out extra money for a limited selection of gpu
s and flex psu. Most of us have or can attain a plug in unit or meanwell for cost efficient build. If you ever design one, I'm all in. Your design / quality are awesome and a well balance price + service too. Good work, keep it up!

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
@Thehack i like your work. Ordered your Pure and love it! I'm also wondering if there will ever be a Sandwich style case in the works similar to the Customod Mini 3.2/3.9L. I for one like this form factor as it's really tiny and I don't need to ditch out extra money for a limited selection of gpu
s and flex psu. Most of us have or can attain a plug in unit or meanwell for cost efficient build. If you ever design one, I'm all in. Your design / quality are awesome and a well balance price + service too. Good work, keep it up!

I'm glad you like it. If you haven't already, you should add a picture of your case to the Pure 3L thread.

An external sandwich style case is not planned for the time being.

Sandwich designs are expensive, due to multiple parts and assembly, riser cost, and complexity. This means the people who would be willing to buy such an expensive design also want to stuff very powerful hardware in it. So a sub 4L chassis there is very little demand. Currently internal PSU design is all the rage as well.

A sandwich design may be in the works for next year. This year is the Stealth chassis and the 400W custom PSU as primary focus. If it is successful, I'll be able to fund the sandwich case.

Reactions: LegendsofMace

rcradiator

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2018
Check out the ZS-A4DC. It's a 3.9L sandwich style case that can support either an itx graphics card with a DC-DC psu or a low profile graphics card with flex atx support. The ZS-A4M at 4.6L also works if you want both the itx graphics card and the flex atx psu. Only problem is you have to get it off Taobao, which can be a pain.

Reactions: vanbeveren

nextpc

Average Stuffer
Jul 12, 2016
Check out the ZS-A4DC. It's a 3.9L sandwich style case that can support either an itx graphics card with a DC-DC psu or a low profile graphics card with flex atx support. The ZS-A4M at 4.6L also works if you want both the itx graphics card and the flex atx psu. Only problem is you have to get it off Taobao, which can be a pain.
That's cool. Thanks for the link. But for some reason the ZS-A4DC looks larger than it should be...maybe just visual illusion.
I am ultimately looking for a case even smaller than that one. More along the size of the Customod Mini M2 3.2/3.9L. I would say even smaller Than the the J-Hack Pure except with more width to accomodate a itx dual slot gpu and nother larger than a plug in psu like a pico.

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
I've been trying to find some build threads of the ZS-A4M as it seems like the highest quality case of this type but struggling to find any around the web. Do you have any links?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
That's cool. Thanks for the link. But for some reason the ZS-A4DC looks larger than it should be...maybe just visual illusion.
I am ultimately looking for a case even smaller than that one. More along the size of the Customod Mini M2 3.2/3.9L. I would say even smaller Than the the J-Hack Pure except with more width to accomodate a itx dual slot gpu and nother larger than a plug in psu like a pico.

The Pure chassis is 3L. It is impossible to get smaller than 3.2L while using a dual slot gpu and itx motherboard. This is just due to size of components

It's quite hard for me to design a sandwich style case. I'm big on the details. For example, the screws on the ZS or K39 lack symmetry and their closeness throws off the design. I prefer a screwless front panel.

Custommod and other designs are very functional and probably fairly easy to produce. It is just my standards are design and quality is a bit higher. The K39 example I have skimps out on painting the interior parts.

Other ideas I have:

• Pure X2, supports external gpu that you can disconnect.
  • Pure Slim 4L slim line version with gpu support.
  • 5L 400W internal gpu chassis, with modular side panels

vanbeveren

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 21, 2019
Looking nice. Like the idea of an internal PSU option for sure.

The only bummer from my standpoint is the limitation of LP graphics cards.
I have nothing against it at all in principle, it just sucks how limited the options are and how outdated they tend to get.

nextpc

Average Stuffer
Jul 12, 2016
The Pure chassis is 3L. It is impossible to get smaller than 3.2L while using a dual slot gpu and itx motherboard. This is just due to size of components

It's quite hard for me to design a sandwich style case. I'm big on the details. For example, the screws on the ZS or K39 lack symmetry and their closeness throws off the design. I prefer a screwless front panel.

Custommod and other designs are very functional and probably fairly easy to produce. It is just my standards are design and quality is a bit higher. The K39 example I have skimps out on painting the interior parts.

Other ideas I have:

• Pure X2, supports external gpu that you can disconnect.
  • Pure Slim 4L slim line version with gpu support.
  • 5L 400W internal gpu chassis, with modular side panels
Understood. I was looking for a chassis that would use an external power brick instead. The case would be absolutely small and efficient, holding only the itx motherboard, 24pin plug in, a dual slot gpu and maybe only 1 ssd.
If you could do it, I say your design would be much less gamerish looking and with higher quality. Also you would be the first to make one so small and nice looking.
It could be part of your collection line up (Pure xs), with simular asthetics. That would be a sandwich case that sets apart from the croud.
Most of the consumers can afford parts that can go into it as well.
Alternatively you could figure a way to squeeze a meanwell in there for brickless?

Sorry if I'm off topic here.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Understood. I was looking for a chassis that would use an external power brick instead. The case would be absolutely small and efficient, holding only the itx motherboard, 24pin plug in, a dual slot gpu and maybe only 1 ssd.
If you could do it, I say your design would be much less gamerish looking and with higher quality. Also you would be the first to make one so small and nice looking.
It could be part of your collection line up (Pure xs), with simular asthetics. That would be a sandwich case that sets apart from the croud.
Most of the consumers can afford parts that can go into it as well.
Alternatively you could figure a way to squeeze a meanwell in there for brickless?

Sorry if I'm off topic here.

That's quite alright.

No sandwich case in the works, but a slim type with possible itx dual slot and external psu is on the table for next year. 3.5-4L is the expected size.