J-HACK Mod Shop

SFF EOL

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 9, 2018
Sorry to be a plank, but can I just check what I am looking at. I understand the 120mm adaptor. So the ITX MB is on the right, the 'correct' way up then on the left there is, I guess, a dGPU the other way around (with a PCIe cable)? And in the far left is a DC PSU- and is there a laptop brick off screen? I realise this may be blindingly obvious to most but I wanted to check.

Reactions: fergunat000

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Sorry to be a plank, but can I just check what I am looking at. I understand the 120mm adaptor. So the ITX MB is on the right, the 'correct' way up then on the left there is, I guess, a dGPU the other way around (with a PCIe cable)? And in the far left is a DC PSU- and is there a laptop brick off screen? I realise this may be blindingly obvious to most but I wanted to check.

You are correct. This is the NFC Skyreach 4 Mini chassis. There is a DC brick that is not plugged in; it is external.

teodoro

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 8, 2018
How much height does the adapter add? The heatsink and fan is 38mm, so perhaps more than I realized. The appeal to me is using a 120mm fan while not having to resort to vlp ram (as one would with the black ridge) while staying below 48mm. I suppose the type of shroud I’m picturing would be fairly flat on the fan face, but perhaps I’m visualizing poorly

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
How much height does the adapter add? The heatsink and fan is 38mm, so perhaps more than I realized. The appeal to me is using a 120mm fan while not having to resort to vlp ram (as one would with the black ridge) while staying below 48mm. I suppose the type of shroud I’m picturing would be fairly flat on the fan face, but perhaps I’m visualizing poorly

The adapter adds 6mm height. This height is required to clear LP RAM and it will be about 43-45mm depending on what you use.

----

New design!

This design will allow you to mount an RPS-200-12-C to your SFX based case.

Reactions: teodoro

annasoh323

Master of Cramming
Apr 4, 2018
New design!

This design will allow you to mount an RPS-200-12-C to your SFX based case.
Just browsing around and noticed this. To clarify, this mount will allow you to stick an RPS-200-12-C to where an SFX power supply would go, right? Best case scenario being something like the Dan A4 or Silverstone SG13 which would have airflow and cable management benefits from getting rid of some of the volume the PSU takes up? Does it also support installation of a One2 Distro board as well or just the Meanwell?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Just browsing around and noticed this. To clarify, this mount will allow you to stick an RPS-200-12-C to where an SFX power supply would go, right? Best case scenario being something like the Dan A4 or Silverstone SG13 which would have airflow and cable management benefits from getting rid of some of the volume the PSU takes up? Does it also support installation of a One2 Distro board as well or just the Meanwell?

Correct. This currently just the MW but I can look into Distro support when I get a bit of time. It may have trouble fitting in the DAN A4 since you would need a 90 degree angled C6 power connector.

It's more for simple specific SFX cases, like the SG13, when you already have a ATX to SFX adapter, or something like the TU-100 or PC-Q21 by Lian Li if you're running a low powered build (65W CPU + 75W GPU).

comagoosie

sff is life
May 8, 2018
Here's jhack's one2 distro kit for the s4m:

The components:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9a-AM4
Motherboard: ASRock B450 itx
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 32 GB DDR4-3000
Storage: HP EX920 1 TB
Video Card: MSI Aero 1070 itx

With an undervolted 1070 and 2700, I can't breach 200w usage, so I'm hopeful if a suitable card comes out one day, I can even move to a 2060s or 2070s.

While the 12v brick can be considered large, jhack's one2 plugin 160 unit is absolutely diminutive compared to hdplex's new 200w unit. It gives me hope that future improvements in 12v ac-dc converters will either mean smaller bricks or brickless builds without changing any of my components.

Btw, while I and others have reported audible coil whine from hdplex units -- there no such noise from this combo.