J-HACK Mod Shop

SFF EOL

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 9, 2018
Sorry to be a plank, but can I just check what I am looking at. I understand the 120mm adaptor. So the ITX MB is on the right, the 'correct' way up then on the left there is, I guess, a dGPU the other way around (with a PCIe cable)? And in the far left is a DC PSU- and is there a laptop brick off screen? I realise this may be blindingly obvious to most but I wanted to check.

Reactions: fergunat000

Thehack

Shrink Way Wielder
Original poster
Creator
Bronze Supporter
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Sorry to be a plank, but can I just check what I am looking at. I understand the 120mm adaptor. So the ITX MB is on the right, the 'correct' way up then on the left there is, I guess, a dGPU the other way around (with a PCIe cable)? And in the far left is a DC PSU- and is there a laptop brick off screen? I realise this may be blindingly obvious to most but I wanted to check.
You are correct. This is the NFC Skyreach 4 Mini chassis. There is a DC brick that is not plugged in; it is external.

SFF EOL

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 9, 2018
You are correct. This is the NFC Skyreach 4 Mini chassis. There is a DC brick that is not plugged in; it is external.
Thanks, at least I feel a bit better now as I think I'm starting to get my head around stuff.

Ranker

Trash Compacter
Dec 20, 2018
J,
Do you sell Dan A4 shrouds for the Noctua L9 like seen here (high ram version) : https://www.dan-cases.com/dana4_faq.html?

I don't see it on your site, but if you'd offer it, I'd rather give you my business given the good things said about your company rather than a random 3d printer.

rcradiator

Average Stuffer
Feb 23, 2018
Referring to the Pure case. I do not think I can restock the fan.
Oh. That's a bit disappointing. I was hoping to be able to get a quiet 92mm normal colored fan without having to wait for Chromax fans or buying off Taobao.

teodoro

Average Stuffer
Oct 8, 2018
do you have any plans for a 120mm shroud so one could use a l9(a) + 120mm slim + shroud?

teodoro

Average Stuffer
Oct 8, 2018
How much height does the adapter add? The heatsink and fan is 38mm, so perhaps more than I realized. The appeal to me is using a 120mm fan while not having to resort to vlp ram (as one would with the black ridge) while staying below 48mm. I suppose the type of shroud I’m picturing would be fairly flat on the fan face, but perhaps I’m visualizing poorly

Thehack

Shrink Way Wielder
Original poster
Creator
Bronze Supporter
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
How much height does the adapter add? The heatsink and fan is 38mm, so perhaps more than I realized. The appeal to me is using a 120mm fan while not having to resort to vlp ram (as one would with the black ridge) while staying below 48mm. I suppose the type of shroud I’m picturing would be fairly flat on the fan face, but perhaps I’m visualizing poorly
The adapter adds 6mm height. This height is required to clear LP RAM and it will be about 43-45mm depending on what you use.

----

New design!

This design will allow you to mount an RPS-200-12-C to your SFX based case.

Reactions: teodoro

annasoh323

Master of Cramming
Apr 4, 2018
New design!

This design will allow you to mount an RPS-200-12-C to your SFX based case.
Just browsing around and noticed this. To clarify, this mount will allow you to stick an RPS-200-12-C to where an SFX power supply would go, right? Best case scenario being something like the Dan A4 or Silverstone SG13 which would have airflow and cable management benefits from getting rid of some of the volume the PSU takes up? Does it also support installation of a One2 Distro board as well or just the Meanwell?

Thehack

Shrink Way Wielder
Original poster
Creator
Bronze Supporter
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Just browsing around and noticed this. To clarify, this mount will allow you to stick an RPS-200-12-C to where an SFX power supply would go, right? Best case scenario being something like the Dan A4 or Silverstone SG13 which would have airflow and cable management benefits from getting rid of some of the volume the PSU takes up? Does it also support installation of a One2 Distro board as well or just the Meanwell?
Correct. This currently just the MW but I can look into Distro support when I get a bit of time. It may have trouble fitting in the DAN A4 since you would need a 90 degree angled C6 power connector.

It's more for simple specific SFX cases, like the SG13, when you already have a ATX to SFX adapter, or something like the TU-100 or PC-Q21 by Lian Li if you're running a low powered build (65W CPU + 75W GPU).