News Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX RTX 4060 Low Profile

Gigabyte is creating an RTX 4060 low-profile card: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/g...-be-the-first-low-profile-ada-lovelace-design

3 fans, single 8-pin, 2 slots.

Pie in the sky, but would love to see an RTX 4060ti (or more crazy RTX 4070) model at some point.

___

16/01/2023 Addendum

ASUS now has a 4060 Low Profile card.
188mm, triple fan.

___

19/04/2024 Addendum

Galax has a card
182mm, triple fan, but the PCIE cable is at the front which will affect clearance without a custom solution.
Will advise to look for something slightly bigger

Cases these will fit into (double check before you buy, not everything is available):

Lenovo P3/P360 ULTRA - 182mm* - Gigabyte (May require modding)/Adapter Needed
ZS A4DC V3 - 182mm* - Gigabyte (May require modding)
ZS D2 (D Config) - 182mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Possible PCIE cable issue)
Gemcase C9 - 182mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Possible PCIE cable issue)
Lone Industries L5 - 185mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
Custom_Mod SL3 STL 4.8L Rev.1 - 185mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
n3rdware Yocto - 185mm** (Guidance rather than a limit) - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
n3rdware Yocto+ - 185mm** Guidance rather than a limit) - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
ZS D2 V2 - 186mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
Custom_Mod Case MINI LP edit. - 190mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
J-Hack Pure MK2 - 190mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
Lazer3D HT5 - 194mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Lazer3D Cravo - 195mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
CAPTAIN CASE V9 - 208mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
REVOCCASES N0RDR1 Nano EVO - 210mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Metalfish 2 Plus - 210mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
LZmod A24-V5 V2.0 - 220mm- Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Silverstone Milo ML03 - 223mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Silverstone Milo ML04 - 223mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Metalfish G5 - 245mm*** - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (MATX Board width)
Bug C1 - 245mm*** - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (MATX Board width)
SKTC A10 - 245mm*** - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (MATX Board width)
Silverstone Milo ML11 - 272mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX

Last edited:

Genericseat

Efficiency Noob
Feb 23, 2023
The major reason people looking at the Gigabyte 4060 LP are turned off by this case is that the Gan 250w won't fit in there.
There's a lot of FOMO for builds with this, and the enthusiasts are looking exclusively at using the GaN 250w in their builds.

Now if you are happy with a Flex psu, the A24 v5 is a really good case and a strong contender for a build with the 4060 LP.
Currently using a Lzmod A5, a 250w GaN fits just fine in them. The psu mounting poles can be removed (in fact they came removed when I got the case). In terms of mounting the GaN, some 3M double sided tape where the psu is meant to be is enough to keep the thing stuck tight. It's not the best solution as you have to remove and reapply tape for every rebuild, but it works well.

Legion

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 22, 2017
Currently using a Lzmod A5, a 250w GaN fits just fine in them. The psu mounting poles can be removed (in fact they came removed when I got the case). In terms of mounting the GaN, some 3M double sided tape where the psu is meant to be is enough to keep the thing stuck tight. It's not the best solution as you have to remove and reapply tape for every rebuild, but it works well.

That's interesting, can you show us a photo of it sat in there?
From all the product pages I've seen, it looked like it would clash with the tail end of the Gigabyte 4060 LP.

Reactions: SFFMunkee

Snerual

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2020
I finally got mine! And it is actually not-crashing at stock settings with mz HDPlex 160! Will undervolt anyway of course.

Quickly ran superposition and scored 5985. Highest my A2000 ever did was 3819!

@SFFMunkee I am doing 10354 in TimeSpy fully stock. Will experiment with Afterburner in the coming days.

Last edited:

Snerual

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2020
Here's some picture of how it sits in my J-Hack Pure Mk2:

Truly fits like a glove!

Last edited:

Legion

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 22, 2017
Here it is, sorry about the poor cable management, not too good at it and there's not very many places to hide cables.
The point is that it fits :)
Shame about that front IO pcb blocking the front panel, or I'd swap round the PSU and 2.5" drive caddy, thermal tape the GaN 250w to the front panel. It will dissipate more heat that way.
Plenty of room for a deshroud under the 4060 LP as well.
Thanks for the pic !!!

Last edited:

Snerual

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2020
Nice! Pure Mk2 was designed for this moment.
Crazy, right? When ordering this case almost 2 years ago I never would have dreamed of being able to cram this much performance in a 3.2 Liter box!

Some more findings:
- Stock freq/voltage curve is actually quite decent, you can gain like 5% performance at most if you are super lucky
- Best overclock I managed so far scored 10618 in TimeSpy, would probably be possible to go higher if I max out the fans and increase temp target
- I could get it to undervolt where it consumes roughly 100-105W (10% less) for only 3% loss in performance. I think this is how I will run it for now
- I wanted to know how it does in a direct comparison with RTX A2000 by running it at 70W, but it seems impossible to undervolt it that far. The lowest I could get power consumption was about 85W. at that point you are only 20% faster than an RTX A2000, so perf/watt seems inline actually.
- With the mild undervolt, noise levels are really acceptable for me. I will experiment with deshrouding nonetheless.

Snerual

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2020
The MeanWell is fine, I think the PicoPSU 160 is probably what's holding you back... but since the HDPlex DC-ATX boards are basically unobtainium, I guess the 250W GaN is the only option yeah...

I tried deshrouding with two 60mm Noctua fans yesterday but didn't get satisfying results. Because the heatsink is slightly lower than the n3rdware copper block I used with my A2000, there was a 1.5mm gap between the fans and the heatsink. Also, the heatsink is longer than 120mm so the fans don't fully cover it. Long story short, it was just as loud as with the stock fans so I went back to stock config. Undervolting plus a custom fan curve does the trick as well. (If you don't mind running the GPU in the high 70s)

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
I tried deshrouding with two 60mm Noctua fans yesterday but didn't get satisfying results. Because the heatsink is slightly lower than the n3rdware copper block I used with my A2000, there was a 1.5mm gap between the fans and the heatsink. Also, the heatsink is longer than 120mm so the fans don't fully cover it. Long story short, it was just as loud as with the stock fans so I went back to stock config.

So after my initial testing I can clarify, that the deshroud is 1. not necessary as the card is very quiet by itself and also remains cool under load but 2. the two 80mm fan mod performs even worse in ths particular scenario.

This seems to confirm deshrouding is not required and the stock cooling is already a good efficient and quiet option.
Thank you both for testing!

Snerual

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2020
100% agreed. Seeing what Gigabyte did here, PNY/Nvidia should be ashamed of the junk cooler they put on the A2000 and $1200 A4000 Ada. It's not even the fact that it's a blower that bothers me, I understand why blowers are required for professional enterprise applications, but they could have at least put a larger and full copper heatsink inside of it...

b_force

Average Stuffer
May 28, 2019
100% agreed. Seeing what Gigabyte did here, PNY/Nvidia should be ashamed of the junk cooler they put on the A2000 and $1200 A4000 Ada. It's not even the fact that it's a blower that bothers me, I understand why blowers are required for professional enterprise applications, but they could have at least put a larger and full copper heatsink inside of it...
I don't know the history of the A2000 etc, but the cooling system seems to be the same as some older consumer cards.
For the pro market, it is often function above form, for a serious price.
Mostly because a lot of companies are willing to pay that price.

On itself, on a technical level (PCB design etc), there is nothing more difficult about an A2000/A4000.
It wouldn't even surprise me that they use the same PCB (or something extremely similar).

Working as a professional in a different field, all I can say is that some decisions are made "just because".
Meaning, without any logic reasoning.
Not saying that is the case here, but it also wouldn't surprise me either.

But yeah, it's frustrating nevertheless, lol

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
The MeanWell is fine, I think the PicoPSU 160 is probably what's holding you back... but since the HDPlex DC-ATX boards are basically unobtainium, I guess the 250W GaN is the only option yeah...
I actually had issues with my PicoPsu branded 160w plugin board when I upgraded from a 1080p TV to a 40k high refresh TV on my existing GTX 1650 LP. I replaced it with one of those "300w" AliExpress boards and my problems went away. (https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803939318916.html) I sort of assumed I'd be powering the GPU straight off the Meanwell anyways so I figured the plugin board wouldn't matter much? Speaking of which, I'm not actually sure HOW I would power the GPU from the Meanwell. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Snerual

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2020
I don't think you need to power it from the Meanwell directy. That 300W board has SATA connectors... so you could use a SATA-to-8pin adapter. Not sure if it would handle the GPU at full load but... worth a shot at least?