Prototype Free Flow CPU Pump Block

flar

Average Stuffer
Jan 19, 2020
Just a quick note on fitment in a Ghost S1. I was able to use the suggestion earlier in this thread to put the Koolance NZL-LXG2 low profile elbow fittings on the bare ports of an Apogee Base to fit it in my Ghost build with about 1mm to spare in sliding on the side panels. I measured total height on the higher side at just over 65mm. Still too tall for many other cases.

I'd also still rebuild my Ghost S1 loop in a second if I could get my hands on a nicer design like the Fr33Flow (despite hours of gnashing of teeth and cursing deities while filling the existing loop - a work still in progress...)

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Just a quick note on fitment in a Ghost S1. I was able to use the suggestion earlier in this thread to put the Koolance NZL-LXG2 low profile elbow fittings on the bare ports of an Apogee Base to fit it in my Ghost build with about 1mm to spare in sliding on the side panels. I measured total height on the higher side at just over 65mm. Still too tall for many other cases.

I'd also still rebuild my Ghost S1 loop in a second if I could get my hands on a nicer design like the Fr33Flow (despite hours of gnashing of teeth and cursing deities while filling the existing loop - a work still in progress...)

I bought this:

Remove the impeller, use some swivel fittings, and you've got a micro res. I use one in my ghost s1 loop with apogee.

flar

Average Stuffer
Jan 19, 2020
I bought this:

Remove the impeller, use some swivel fittings, and you've got a micro res. I use one in my ghost s1 loop with apogee.
Interesting, where did you put that in the case?

Update: - ah, perhaps in the space below the PSU where a 120x25 fan would go? But that would put it below the pump...?

Reactions: bricemx

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Interesting, where did you put that in the case?

Update: - ah, perhaps in the space below the PSU where a 120x25 fan would go? But that would put it below the pump...?

You can see it in this gallery, just above the GPU.

Ghost S1 with acrylic panels
Edit: the swivel/rotary fitting is important, as it allows rotating the res and access to the 3rd port for filling and bleeding. Once done, it can be rotated back to allow top panel to sit flush.

flar

Average Stuffer
Jan 19, 2020
You can see it in this gallery, just above the GPU.

Ghost S1 with acrylic panels
Edit: the swivel/rotary fitting is important, as it allows rotating the res and access to the 3rd port for filling and bleeding. Once done, it can be rotated back to allow top panel to sit flush.
Ah, my GPU block terminal sits above the GPU so I don't have that space there, but I might just rearward of the header where the SLI connector is - on the other hand, that's where my second M.2 has a breathing hole.

Also, I originally read the dimensions wrong. I can see 1.5" by 1.5" fitting there. It wouldn't have fit at the dimensions I misread.

Last edited:

Sh0ckwaveFlash

Average Stuffer
Sep 18, 2019
@Wahaha360 whenever you are ready, it would be nice to have a thermal comparison (listing both CPU thermals and liquid temp) between your block with a high quality DDC pump, the Apogee Drive II, and ideally EK's new block paired with a high quality DDC- all using the same high quality and high capacity radiator (so the radiator isn't a bottleneck) and tubing.

Protools

Average Stuffer
Oct 10, 2018
@Wahaha360 will you try with the new VTX pumps from EK? I think you could get better results if you can manage to source their pumps in bulk.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
@Wahaha360 will you try with the new VTX pumps from EK? I think you could get better results if you can manage to source their pumps in bulk.

LET'S TRY IT!

Reactions: bricemx

flar

Average Stuffer
Jan 19, 2020

Those pumps look great, but I would hope this would be sold as a standalone block. For my own purposes I plan to use a lower wattage pump powered from a nearby 12w fan header so I can avoid running an extra molex cable just for the pump. The VTX is 18w.

But I definitely would like to see the block tested with those pumps as that would make a really nice powerful combo for those who want or need it! Also, if I eventually move to a newer CPU/MB I might look for one that has a 24w pump header on it now that I've learned about all the pump options out there. The DDC310, though, is doing a great job in my current system at a max draw of 10w. I just wish I could put it on something that isn't as bulky and industrial looking as the Apogee base that I'm currently using. Either way, I'm a big fan of options that let you use a small cable on the MB without having to get the PSU directly involved.

Reactions: brandotherhymer

flar

Average Stuffer
Jan 19, 2020
BTW, @Wahaha360, there is another thread here working on a low profile block started by @Nouvolo. I don't know how you feel about sharing and collaboration, but it would be nice if you two could collaborate to get a final working part faster?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
BTW, @Wahaha360, there is another thread here working on a low profile block started by @Nouvolo. I don't know how you feel about sharing and collaboration, but it would be nice if you two could collaborate to get a final working part faster?

I saw his post and had convo with @Nouvolo about other stuff prior. Anyways, I've been working with IceManCooler and another company to execute the design - because I don't have the resources to leak test each unit or some statistical quality control test.

The challenge collaborating with @Nouvolo at the current stage is neither of us have the experience or resources to execute (manufacture, leak QA), so a collaboration is unlikely to materialize the product sooner.

My hold up with IceManCooler is that the price is way too high atm. I want to sell this kit for a lower price, and that's basically impossible at the moment. So I need to cut down machine time, that's the hold up.

Last edited:
Reactions: fabio

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
When will this be available for purchase? What's your target cost and release date?

Still prototyping.

Too early to tell, I am actively avoiding promises because I don’t want to break them later.

I’m keeping thing vague to manage disappointment and expectations.

I got too much unnecessary drama with my T1 project, so this is my new philosophy

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

LET'S TRY IT!

I have 1 prototype to send, and too much on my plate atm with T1 production this month and preoder next.

@fabio, want me to send you the prototype and you can tease them with more builds?