Completed DSE Breathe - A 7.3L Vertical Format ITX Tower

gunpalcyril

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 7, 2016
@DSE if by adding 1cm from 115mm increases the cpu max height by 1cm, then I'm for it. It adds more cooler compatibility, as well as reducing noise from turbulence from cryorig c7 users. the sound difference from using the c7 to l9a is significant inside the breathe case.

*Edit: I used the same noctua 92mm fan for both the cryorig c7 and noctua nh l9a

Reactions: Damascus and DSE

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
@DSE if by adding 1cm from 115mm increases the cpu max height by 1cm, then I'm for it. It adds more cooler compatibility, as well as reducing noise from turbulence from cryorig c7 users. the sound difference from using the c7 to l9a is significant inside the breathe case.

*Edit: I used the same noctua 92mm fan for both the cryorig c7 and noctua nh l9a
@DSE The extra 10mm will allow a ton of interesting options, I think that if you go that route it would be awesome to allow mointing the PSU in both the GPU and mobo areas for a ton of versatility. It would allow people to use a short GPU and use the space freed up to make a killer custom loop. Beyond that, the AR06, ID-cooling IS-60, Reevansteropes RC-1206b and even the stock AXP-100 muscle can fit (you could feasibly fit two fans on the AXP) and so, so many more.

The flipside is you'd have a 7.94L case

Reactions: DSE

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
I really want army tan color

PLZ
Email sliger when you order the case. If I ever buy an SM550 or another breathe I'll probably do so myself

BTW @KSliger do you think you could sell some side panels on the next run based on a pre-order? If it wouldn't cost too much I'd love to get another panel set in tan (steel or aluminum, both would work)

milkywhite

Minimal Tinkerer
Jul 16, 2018
Email sliger when you order the case. If I ever buy an SM550 or another breathe I'll probably do so myself

BTW @KSliger do you think you could sell some side panels on the next run based on a pre-order? If it wouldn't cost too much I'd love to get another panel set in tan (steel or aluminum, both would work)
Thank you for your reply :) I'll buy it! on 8/1

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
Can i use ASUS ROG GTX1080TI O11G STRIX ON THIS CASE?

and what is the best Cpu cooler with breathe?
Nope and the best cooler depends on your socket.

LGA 2011 narrow ILM - Dynatron T318
LGA 2066 - Dynatron T15
AM4 - Modded T318, LP53 or c7 cu
115x - Lp53 or c7 cu or modded T15/T318
Kmpkt's upcoming cooler will likely be a very good contender for AM4/115x

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
Reactions: luckylyc and DSE

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
Well, my cryorig 140mm slim fan is performing a few c better than the noctua 120 but is signifigantly louder.

Sparkles

Trash Compacter
Jul 24, 2018
I don't suppose there's a chance of a "special edition" version with the bird's nest side panels? That's something I'd plop down cash for really quick.

gunpalcyril

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 7, 2016
Like @Sparkles I'd be so down for a unique vent cutout, really liked the voronoi pattern.

@DSE I think have a cool idea that I think could be a nice addition rather than revision to breathe, but I don't know if this is the right place to talk about it, don't want to thread jack lol

acelaya35

Efficiency Noob
Oct 4, 2017
So I bought a "shorty" 24-pin cable for my SF-600 from Ensourced. It's 99% awesome, it's the perfect length and really helped me clean up my build. Unfortunately the reason it wasn't a 100% awesome cable is because I had to turn my PSU over to use it! (not optimal for airflow!)

The tabs on the cable are both on the same side, something to keep in mind if you order from Ensourced. They're an awesome site and i'm sure they would have reversed one end of the cable had I asked. Just something to keep in mind if anyone is considering a short 24-pin cable and has an SF series PSU.

Also, anyone have any recommendations for SATA cables and 8-pin CPU cable routing?

Reactions: DSE and milkywhite

ATTWIFI

Chassis Packer
Jun 7, 2018
Has anyone tried a Morpheus II cooler on their GPU? I think that may be a problem to those loud FTW3 coolers.

DSE

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
DSE
Feb 8, 2017
I don't suppose there's a chance of a "special edition" version with the bird's nest side panels? That's something I'd plop down cash for really quick.
Like @Sparkles I'd be so down for a unique vent cutout, really liked the voronoi pattern.

@DSE I think have a cool idea that I think could be a nice addition rather than revision to breathe, but I don't know if this is the right place to talk about it, don't want to thread jack lol
Nope, I don't think bird's nest or voronoi is likely to be made. Although I've always thought that a special edition would be fun. I just don't think it's worth it.

Do you intend to create a mini version in the future with tfx type power?
Nope, never crossed my mind.

--
Anyways, sorry about being rather quiet recently, guys. Just been hard at work on V3. It's been my everyday for the past two and a half weeks. I'm hoping to make a lot of people happy with it.

I really appreciate you guys who step in and answer questions for me.

Hopefully I can pull back the curtains on V3 soon.

geigster

Chassis Packer
Jun 17, 2018
@DSE I don't know what on earth I'm supposed to do with this case. The side panels simply cannot be unscrewed, no matter who I ask to try and do it. They seem almost fused to the case, and will not budge no matter how hard I try. I almost snapped my screwdriver in half trying to unscrew them

Last edited: