Completed DSE Breathe - A 7.3L Vertical Format ITX Tower

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
@DSE I don't know what on earth I'm supposed to do with this case. The side panels simply cannot be unscrewed, no matter who I ask to try and do it. They seem almost fused to the case, and will not budge no matter how hard I try. I almost snapped my screwdriver in half trying to unscrew them
Get the right sized bit, if you're using one that's too large or small they aren't going to come off. A large, grippable handle is also good.

DSE

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
DSE
Feb 8, 2017
@DSE I don't know what on earth I'm supposed to do with this case. The side panels simply cannot be unscrewed, no matter who I ask to try and do it. They seem almost fused to the case, and will not budge no matter how hard I try. I almost snapped my screwdriver in half trying to unscrew them
Try sticking the case in your freezer for an hour.

DSE

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
DSE
Feb 8, 2017
not sure if trolling lol, but i will update in an hour
lol, not trolling. My case had the same issue. It's caused by the screws sticking to the powder coat from being tightened too much. Sticking the case in the freezer makes the metal shrink, loosening the bond.

geigster

Chassis Packer
Jun 17, 2018
lol, not trolling. My case had the same issue. It's caused by the screws sticking to the powder coat from being tightened too much. Sticking the case in the freezer makes the metal shrink, loosening the bond.
I put it in for an hour and nothing happened. Still the same thing. Also a lot of condensation on everything. I have 6 screws that are simply impossible to move. Should I just try putting it in longer?

geigster

Chassis Packer
Jun 17, 2018
I tried 3 times during 8 hours of freezing and only one screw went out. The rest are completely fused. I can either refund or send back for some sort of replacement now. it's practically useless now

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
I tried 3 times during 8 hours of freezing and only one screw went out. The rest are completely fused. I can either refund or send back for some sort of replacement now. it's practically useless now
What screwdriver are you using? I had the same issue when I misplaced my properly sized driver, fixed it by using pliers and the smaller screwdriver

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
They're M3 screws in the side panels - not sure what is up with some cases having issues with screws on sides. Glad you got it free!

Reactions: Damascus

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
Friends, due to me and my fathers continuous trips to home depot, 8 hours in the freezer, and 5 different types of screwdrivers (two that are new) my case is FINALLY FREE!!! now i can build my computer and post it after i eat something
Whoo! Nice, It will be great to see another DSE build

Reactions: anoldfriend

anoldfriend

Trash Compacter
Jun 23, 2018
Build Complete!