Completed DSE Breathe - A 7.3L Vertical Format ITX Tower

Vaal22

What's an ITX?
Oct 9, 2018
Would be cool if we can lay the case on it's side. :)
Thin side. Thick aluminium brushed front panel with USB and so on will be OK too. On resend bottom, where are PSU, of course. )))

Will be civilian horizontal format with little footprint.

Last edited:

CoderVeteran

Minimal Tinkerer
Aug 1, 2018
Have anyone had any contact with @DSE? According to his status page the last time he was here was 7 weeks ago. I called Sliger and they are no longer working with him.

dpigeaud

Chassis Packer
Oct 15, 2018
I spoke with Sliger and I know they they will no longer be producing DSE's case... Where is he taking production to? I would very much like to purchase one of these cases and it is a shame that Sliger is no longer manufacturing them.

LegendsofMace

Average Stuffer
Oct 7, 2018
I spoke with Sliger and I know they they will no longer be producing DSE's case... Where is he taking production to? I would very much like to purchase one of these cases and it is a shame that Sliger is no longer manufacturing them.
Possibly SFF lab/Lian-Li? Not sure if it would be cheaper or not that way...

dpigeaud

Chassis Packer
Oct 15, 2018
Possibly SFF lab/Lian-Li? Not sure if it would be cheaper or not that way...

It doesn't seem to make any sense to take production out of the US... With the tariffs now lowering the price of most of the materials for production it would cost more to produce it in China. Not only that, but the lead time of the order will be longer as well as the shipping time, AND the cost of shipping will be much greater. Plus you'll have to deal with customs if it is being produced in China/another country outside the continental US.

Last edited:

scub4st3v3

Trash Compacter
May 4, 2017
It doesn't seem to make any sense to take production out of the US... With the tariffs now lowering the price of most of the materials for production it would cost more to produce it in China. Not only that, but the lead time of the order will be longer as well as the shipping time, AND the cost of shipping will be much longer. Plus you'll have to deal with customs if it is being produced in China/another country outside the continental US.
Aren't lian li produced in Taiwan? Fairly sure my cases from 15 years ago were from Taiwan...

Jaxel

Average Stuffer
Jun 10, 2018
This would be great with a handle on top for easy travel... and for an alternative, you could use the handle for cable management. (zip tie cables to it)

acelaya35

Efficiency Noob
Oct 4, 2017
I know this is an "older" project at this point but I just wanted to show some appreciation. I love this case. I've had mine since July of 2018 and this is the first time I can remember where i'll end up having the same case for over a year. I've got the SFF bug and i'm always looking for a way to go smaller without compromises.

I have a C7 CU in mine with a 120mm slim fan attached via 3d printed adapter (Silverstone white on black to match my case). I'm running a Ryzen 1700 and RTX 2080 and everything is nice and cool always. It's insane for a case this small to have these kinds of temps. I literally can't find a smaller solution that can support these parts. This is my endgame case and it's bittersweet because after months of searching for the next level, there simply isn't one.

I'm going to cram a Ryzen 3600X in there when they release, it's projected to be a 95w part, up from my 1700's 65w but i'm honestly not worried about it.

DSE, this case has no equal in my opinion. Great job!

Rjk1617

Trash Compacter
Jul 19, 2018
I know this is an "older" project at this point but I just wanted to show some appreciation. I love this case. I've had mine since July of 2018 and this is the first time I can remember where i'll end up having the same case for over a year. I've got the SFF bug and i'm always looking for a way to go smaller without compromises.

I have a C7 CU in mine with a 120mm slim fan attached via 3d printed adapter (Silverstone white on black to match my case). I'm running a Ryzen 1700 and RTX 2080 and everything is nice and cool always. It's insane for a case this small to have these kinds of temps. I literally can't find a smaller solution that can support these parts. This is my endgame case and it's bittersweet because after months of searching for the next level, there simply isn't one.

I'm going to cram a Ryzen 3600X in there when they release, it's projected to be a 95w part, up from my 1700's 65w but i'm honestly not worried about it.

DSE, this case has no equal in my opinion. Great job!
Speaking of great cases, mine has been sitting for a while, I'm into cramming AIOs into smaller cases now. Mine is up for grabs, pm me if interested. Can't wait for DSE's next design!

Reactions: Biowarejak

Obakemono

Trash Compacter
Jan 20, 2019
I guess from reading the thread this case is DOA right now. Stumbled on it while digging in the older builds posts. Bummer.

O

rcradiator

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2018
I guess from reading the thread this case is DOA right now. Stumbled on it while digging in the older builds posts. Bummer.

O
I've talked to DSE not too long ago. From what he said, both this project and the Vertex are not dead, but he's busy with university and doesn't have time right now. Personally holding out for the Vertex, but the planned look of Breathe V3.0 looks really good.

Reactions: Metroversal

Obakemono

Trash Compacter
Jan 20, 2019
I've talked to DSE not too long ago. From what he said, both this project and the Vertex are not dead, but he's busy with university and doesn't have time right now. Personally holding out for the Vertex, but the planned look of Breathe V3.0 looks really good.
Well I'm interested in the case too. School comes first though so I will wait.

O

scub4st3v3

Trash Compacter
May 4, 2017

I'm completely smitten by the Vertex, so I'm hoping that it comes out at some point.