Concept SFF Tower case gaming PC

Alur

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 9, 2019
Good question:). If you have noticed, the main case feature is the moveable middle part. The case width is 135mm and this width is divided between the videocard and CPU cooler. I planned the case in such a way that it will be possible to install the largest video card. If you move the middle part of the case to the side of the motherboard as much as possible, then there is a place for the videocard with a size of 320mm x 135mm x 68mm. I think this is quite enough to place the most powerful graphic card which are available on the market today. in the case it is also possible to swap the videocard and the motherboard. You can see it in the pictures. I will be able to provide more accurate dimensions after I'll receive the prototype and will test everything. If you will have any questions, feel free to ask me. I'll be glad to answer.:):):)
Dropping by to ask how is the prototype coming along! kuddos

svedrum

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jan 7, 2017
Dropping by to ask how is the prototype coming along! kuddos
Hey Alur:). I still stand in line for production. I myself can not wait for that hour as a prototype arrives to me. So we need to be patient and wait.

Alur

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 9, 2019
Hey Alur:). I still stand in line for production. I myself can not wait for that hour as a prototype arrives to me. So we need to be patient and wait.
Woho! you just made me quite happy! looking forward to it :)

gunpalcyril

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 7, 2016
I just checked the photos of the "folds" for the mid section. The flex problem with the dse breathe case was because the panels only screwed onto the very top and bottom of the "spine," there was not panel mounts or screws for the mid section, hence the panels itself flexed in the middle. Hopefully you can address this by simply including extended tabs in the middle, or even better some sort of mid-section mount for the panels.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I took a look at it as well.

I'm not sure what purpose is there for the spine to be cut out? The mobo cut out is much larger than required, as well as the bottom part.

I'd actually leave it solid in this chassis, or use 2mm or thicker aluminum for better structural integrity. I would reduce the size of the cutout and only have the cutout if it serves a purpose.

Those 120mm fan mounts, the long and thin ones, will be really flimsy. Make it one big piece instead of two, or make it a bit bigger with bend.

The green psu bracket looks way too weak. I wouldn't try to make all the brackets and stuff so small. Keep the bends and cuts simple for the techs to manufacture it. I'd make the psu bracket one solid pieces with predefined holes and a solid cutout in the center. It also needs to be attached at at least 3 points.

Last edited: