Completed DSE Breathe - A 7.3L Vertical Format ITX Tower

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
Ok, just finished my first test build, no cpu and psu but it gets me an idea of what's going on.

First off, there is a massive potential for custom loop here. By using an external brick an a short GPU there is space for a 120mm rad + full size fan. A GTS 120 + gentle typhoon would be a dream level setup for this size and could cool almost any setup, all the way up to an i9 on water with the GPU on air. Serious. Potential.

Also, the wibbly wobbly is super funny (and a bit queasy to look at) but it gets very solid with the sides on. I think I octupled the weight by adding the GPU as well XD

Reactions: DSE and Biowarejak

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
@LaboonTheWhale I figured out how to mount the axp-100, just had to get it in my hands and it clicked. Also figured out a great fan mount. Would you mind sharing pics of how far you've been able to get?

Reactions: Biowarejak

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
I have no idea how to mount it. I sawed off the support bar so the fan is able to get in there. But I'm stuck there
Do you have the RH, Muscle or original? I have the muscle and Ijust got it to take a 12.5mm, I'm currently benching and it's looking good

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
OK, the preliminary results are in. Aida64 pretty quickly throttles the chip, but only down to stock - this implies that I could pretty easily run the stock 3ghz with a tiered OC that only runs on 2, 4 and 6 cores ore something like that

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
Further update, I have damaged the AXP-100's excellent fan but in doing so figured out how to mount it - pics tonight

jwlarocque

Cable Smoosher
Jan 24, 2017
Is a 90 degree power cable adapter needed for the standard one that comes with the SF450 in the US?
You'll need a 90 degree cable (I would not expect a simple adapter to fit (see above), though there might be one out there that does). (I have an SF450 in my DSE Breathe and the stock AC cable sitting on my desk.)

Reactions: DSE

ishboo

Case Bender
Jul 7, 2018
Hey Everyone,

Novice computer builder here, first time on this forum. Just bought a breathe and read this thread cover to cover and it helped me a lot in my build so I thought I'd share my experience. A couple photos from the build:

-Bought a different 90 degree IEC cable that goes the other way than the pcitures above and it worked like a charm.
-Used a ZOTAC 1080 ti mini which left some extra space for excess power cables so I was able to use the stock power cables that came with the PSU.

Everything went in with no problems whatsoever, one of the easiest builds I've ever done! Very happy with the case.

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Maybe a silly question but is the Breathe using the same slot pattern as Cerberus? If so that's pretty cool :cool:

Reactions: DSE