Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

AllXFrag

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2020
I personally have got 4 x 140mm chromax on 2 x ek 280 PE 45mm thicc Bois. Fans will be going through an aquacomputer octo which will be taking readings of 2 temp sensors to regulate speeds, and I hope it will be enough.

Reactions: D10S

Tossy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2018
I'll go for the Arctic P14 or, if I'm feeling generous, I'll get me some Noctua's.
I have used Noctua fans and coolers for nearly every PC I built en was never disappointed.

dotnetapp

Chassis Packer
Sep 25, 2019
Is it possible in germany to order this case ? :)
Also how long can the gpu be? Im looking forward to combine it with an rtx 3090 which apparently is 313mm long.

Whippler

Trash Compacter
Nov 11, 2019
Also how long can the gpu be? Im looking forward to combine it with an rtx 3090 which apparently is 313mm long.
I think they are going to be way shorter with a water cooling block, as you wont have that heatsink and fan at the back that make these cards so long.

ChorizoNinja

Average Stuffer
Jan 12, 2020
I think they are going to be way shorter with a water cooling block, as you wont have that heatsink and fan at the back that make these cards so long.

It creates really interesting things, in cases like the ghost now you would be able to put a reservoir in the GPU chamber, because it is so short that looks stupid. If is close to the size of the fury nano, with shit loads of ram chips and power phases. You literally can't fit anything in that PCB. I will be more interested if they are going to include 1 slot rear io replacements like in the 1080ti era.

ChorizoNinja

Average Stuffer
Jan 12, 2020
It creates really interesting things, in cases like the ghost now you would be able to put a reservoir in the GPU chamber, because it is so short that looks stupid. If is close to the size of the fury nano, with shit loads of ram chips and power phases. You literally can't fit anything in that PCB. I will be more interested if they are going to include 1 slot rear io replacements like in the 1080ti era.

And talking about that... the height of the 3090 FE wouldn't fit in most of the ITX cases. Oh lord @diceboii13 , what is the max height the GPU can have without touching the top of the case? if it is lower than 140mm, I might need to reconsider some decisions I did in life.

Last edited:

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Double checking. It's a PCIe 3.0 riser cable yes?
Yes!
In the next batch you can order! And I think we spoke that about in reddit ?
And talking about that... the height of the 3090 FE wouldn't fit in most of the ITX cases. Oh lord @diceboii13 , what is the max height the GPU can have without touching the top of the case? if it is lower than 140mm, I might need to reconsider some decisions I did in life.
If I measured it right, its 150mm from the bottom of the PCIe slot, to the top rad mounting plate, so it will be okey. Connecting the power can be hard tho.
Oh boiiii! We can look at shipping next week then? As I'm on holiday and would have ample time to build it nice and clean ❤
I really want to send it. They (goverment) are locked our borders again, but I think the transport is still working.

ChorizoNinja

Average Stuffer
Jan 12, 2020
Yes!

In the next batch you can order! And I think we spoke that about in reddit ?

If I measured it right, its 150mm from the bottom of the PCIe slot, to the top rad mounting plate, so it will be okey. Connecting the power can be hard tho.

I really want to send it. They (goverment) are locked our borders again, but I think the transport is still working.

Is it really coming?

About the 3090, I might need to opt to one of the reference designs with dual 8 pin. A little bit sad, the Founders Edition looks really cool :(, but at 138 mm height, the terminal of the waterblock won't fit... unless someone puts the terminals at the end of the card. (which sadly won't happen)

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Is it really coming?

About the 3090, I might need to opt to one of the reference designs with dual 8 pin. A little bit sad, the Founders Edition looks really cool :(, but at 138 mm height, the terminal of the waterblock won't fit... unless someone puts the terminals at the end of the card. (which sadly won't happen)
I think which card you get would be dictated by waterblock availability and physical dimensions with said waterblock. All the Ampere cards appear to be very small PCBs, with very large air coolers attached. The 3090 has a very tall cooler but who knows if that's the same with the PCB.

The more concerning part is the 12-pin power connector being integrated into the heatsink shroud might make disassembly and removal of the air cooler very difficult. FE cards have gotten progressively more difficult to take apart starting with the 20 series, culminating in the 2060 FE which involved like a hundred screws and glue. I plan on getting a 3080 and I'll be focused almost entirely on what card is easiest to put a waterblock on and fits well.

D10S

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 4, 2018
I think which card you get would be dictated by waterblock availability and physical dimensions with said waterblock. All the Ampere cards appear to be very small PCBs, with very large air coolers attached. The 3090 has a very tall cooler but who knows if that's the same with the PCB.

The more concerning part is the 12-pin power connector being integrated into the heatsink shroud might make disassembly and removal of the air cooler very difficult. FE cards have gotten progressively more difficult to take apart starting with the 20 series, culminating in the 2060 FE which involved like a hundred screws and glue. I plan on getting a 3080 and I'll be focused almost entirely on what card is easiest to put a waterblock on and fits well.

Look easy IMHO

ChorizoNinja

Average Stuffer
Jan 12, 2020

The problem is 3090FE most likely will receive a waterblock (as it is appearing in the ekwb configurator), as well as the non nvidia reference design. But just looking at the cards, the only cards that will use the reference design are the KFA2 (all current versions they have), palit gaming pro, msi ventus, evga ICX3, palit gaming, inno3D (al current versions). Asus on the tuf the connectors are in a different position and gigabyte opted to use a different power delivery. The most worrying part in all this is that there are real images of the reference non fe design and I can see a lot of cylindrical capacitors... I like my tantalum ones, and if for the same price, the FE has tantalums... it is a no brainer.

ChorizoNinja

Average Stuffer
Jan 12, 2020
Look easy IMHO

I would like to see if the backplate gets connected to the loop somehow, like in this.

1016131-1.jpg

Those gddr6x modules might get toasty, I don't know if you would be able to cool 30W (60 W combining both sides)passively through the backplate... even with help heat socking through the pcb and getting released to the block (to a reasonable temperature with water)

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Look easy IMHO

It really depends on the PCB quality and price. The Kingpin card will probably be closer to $2000 than $1500, and the Hydro Copper card might be more expensive than an FE + Waterblock. One of the things I prefer about getting an air-cooled card with a water block is that when it comes time to repurpose or sell it, you have an air cooler. With the integrated waterblock cards, you can never use them outside a system with a custom loop.