Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

ChorizoNinja

Average Stuffer
Jan 12, 2020
Nu chance, do you the correct Nm needed for the pump- and distribution screws?

M4x20 screws are needed (countersunk), but I dont understand your question to be honest ?

@diceboii13 he is referring to the amount of torque for the screws. But being acrylic, I wouldn't go further than 0.5 - 1 Nm or you have the change of cracking it.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
@diceboii13 I would be happy to do a proofread pass on the manual if you want to share an editable version of the text w/me.

More comments: There's no guidance on how to attach radiators/fans etc. I would think there should be information on where to attach the rads. Are they attached to the case interior? Are they attached to the expandable/removable top plate?

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Was the maximum length for graphics cards always 300 mm? I vaguely remember it being longer than that.
Its longer, somehow I forgot to change it, Its 305mm safely, with a DDC pump its 20mm longer. Its a bit hard to tell, because the pump is the only thing that makes sence. And if the card is not perfectly flat in the end, like a bit round shape, it can be 1-2mm longer in the middle, and still fit.

@diceboii13 I would be happy to do a proofread pass on the manual if you want to share an editable version of the text w/me.

More comments: There's no guidance on how to attach radiators/fans etc. I would think there should be information on where to attach the rads. Are they attached to the case interior? Are they attached to the expandable/removable top plate?
Thank you for the effort, if you are willing to, I can share it! Yes, the rad/fan/drives mounting are missing, Ill fix it.

That's what I meant. I hastily wrote the message. But autocorrect messed up badly, sorry about that. Does acrylic crack that easily? 1 Nm isn't much.
No problem, As I tested, its hard to break, but definitely not use your full hand power to screw it down, like 70-80% is enough. Its hard to tell exactly, but I think if you feel its getting harder to tight, stop screwing. If you tight the screw in acrylic you may hear some cracking noises, because of the surface traction of the plastic. Thats the point when you should slow down, and stop if its getting weirdly loud and hard to continue.

@diceboii13 Did you ever make that call to the paint company?
Yes, they have a bigger work, from the past, so they need to finish it first, because they need to clear the painting room for my stuffs etc. Hope that week I finally got the cases

ChorizoNinja

Average Stuffer
Jan 12, 2020
That's what I meant. I hastily wrote the message. But autocorrect messed up badly, sorry about that. Does acrylic crack that easily? 1 Nm isn't much.

That is the torque that pretty much full acrylic gpu blocks use and they don't leak, and have more restriction than the distro plate so I wouldn't see it being a problem.

I think EK specifies not using more than 0.7 Nm

duumilo

Case Bender
New User
Jul 17, 2020
@diceboii13, I noticed the large expanse is made for a 30mm rad+25mm fans. I was thinking of using double gts 280 and the arctic p14 fans. These would, however be 29,6mm and 27mm respectively, so going over by 1,6 mm. Can you still fit these or is it a complete impossibility without some modding?

Reactions: AllXFrag

larkmaj

Trash Compacter
Nov 26, 2019
No problem, As I tested, its hard to break, but definitely not use your full hand power to screw it down, like 70-80% is enough. Its hard to tell exactly, but I think if you feel its getting harder to tight, stop screwing. If you tight the screw in acrylic you may hear some cracking noises, because of the surface traction of the plastic. Thats the point when you should slow down, and stop if its getting weirdly loud and hard to continue.
I highly recommend testing and speccing a torque. It will give you some protection against somebody doing something stupid and blaming you/the case. You may think it's hard to break, but don't underestimate the customer's ability to break things. I'm speaking from experience as an equipment sales/support engineer.

The spec should just be "good enough", so long as it's tight enough that it doesn't leak you're good to go. I'd suggest testing EK's spec in a couple test loops with the high pressure pump. No leaks, and you're probably good. I'd recommend more testing if this were a more critical product, like aerospace, medical, or automotive, but it's not practical for a boutique business like yours.

I know this is a niche of a niche product in a niche market, and the majority of your customers will be smart and careful, but you will still get a customer that hasn't learned tighter isn't better, and break something.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
@diceboii13, I noticed the large expanse is made for a 30mm rad+25mm fans. I was thinking of using double gts 280 and the arctic p14 fans. These would, however be 29,6mm and 27mm respectively, so going over by 1,6 mm. Can you still fit these or is it a complete impossibility without some modding?
I believe the official spec for the expand is 58mm, you should be fine.

I highly recommend testing and speccing a torque. It will give you some protection against somebody doing something stupid and blaming you/the case. You may think it's hard to break, but don't underestimate the customer's ability to break things. I'm speaking from experience as an equipment sales/support engineer.

The spec should just be "good enough", so long as it's tight enough that it doesn't leak you're good to go. I'd suggest testing EK's spec in a couple test loops with the high pressure pump. No leaks, and you're probably good. I'd recommend more testing if this were a more critical product, like aerospace, medical, or automotive, but it's not practical for a boutique business like yours.

I know this is a niche of a niche product in a niche market, and the majority of your customers will be smart and careful, but you will still get a customer that hasn't learned tighter isn't better, and break something.
Considering LTT managed to forget to even install the O-Ring in the Singularity case with the built-in distro, even "seasoned" users may forget the simplest things :)

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
The maximum height is 57mm but thats sheet to sheet, so If you max that out it can cause some tolerance issues, so I recommend to stay under it. Even with modding its almost impossible to squeeze even +1mm. If you have those fans already, give it a try, but I dont recommend buying it.

Thats all true, I just need to find the equipment for it, and I can test. I try it before sending out the cases! In the front of the case its much more easier because you can see the oring will be flattened as you add more force.

ChorizoNinja

Average Stuffer
Jan 12, 2020
The user manual is updated. I added all the necessary compontents to it. If you think something is still missing, let me know. (The language is sill the old, but Im working on it)

https://dicecases.com/dice_cases_flow-manual.pdf

I think some people will ask how to mount a rad to it for completion. Either way you can see the rad mount holders which are part of the chassis.

One thing I love is the use of M3 screws everywhere... definitely something I am not going to miss about my Louqe Ghost S1.

Last edited:

SisK0

Efficiency Noob
May 3, 2017
One thing I love is the use of M3 screws everywhere... definitely Louqe Ghost S1.

The Ghost does not have screws on the sides or on the distro, but it does not have a distro; on the lid it has eight screws and the corresponding ones for the cpu and other internal components (motherboard, radiators, fans, etc.). I don't see that the Dice case has too many screws.

Reactions: diceboii13

Fitchew

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 2, 2019
The user manual is updated. I added all the necessary compontents to it. If you think something is still missing, let me know. (The language is sill the old, but Im working on it)

https://dicecases.com/dice_cases_flow-manual.pdf
Overall the great manual. But it seems to me that it is necessary to correct the contrast of the pictures a little, where the details are filled with black. I have not the best eyesight, I have to look especially closely where and which screw is screwed in. I would also scale up the pictures a little for the same reason. And also now it is hard for me to pay attention to something and it is possible to add some information, until I came across directly with the assembly of a computer in a case. I think that when there are first reviews, then it will be clear what exactly should be added to the manual.

Reactions: diceboii13

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
I think some people will ask how to mount a rad to it for completion. Either way you can see the rad mount holders which are part of the chassis.

One thing I love is the use of M3 screws everywhere... definitely something I am not going to miss about my Louqe Ghost S1.
True somehow the most important parts, the rads are missing, I'm gonna update that!

Overall the great manual. But it seems to me that it is necessary to correct the contrast of the pictures a little, where the details are filled with black. I have not the best eyesight, I have to look especially closely where and which screw is screwed in. I would also scale up the pictures a little for the same reason. And also now it is hard for me to pay attention to something and it is possible to add some information, until I came across directly with the assembly of a computer in a case. I think that when there are first reviews, then it will be clear what exactly should be added to the manual.
Yep its a bit dark in the interior, but when someone will assemble it, it's pretty easy to find the exact holes. I stayed with the dark colors to illustrate a bit more realistically how the case looks like but I will try to lighten it a bit.

Oh and thanks for the tips! Really appreciate it