Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
Curious on the thought of D5 vs DDC with this case? Notably if someone wanted to be stupid and do a double GPU build.

ChorizoNinja

Average Stuffer
Jan 12, 2020
Curious on the thought of D5 vs DDC with this case? Notably if someone wanted to be stupid and do a double GPU build.

Technically speaking, both are capable to do so, but the ddc has more head pressure (by a little), but that as well depends of the pump top, which in this case, is the distro.

I don't think the pump would be the issue. Previously I had 2 2080ti + 7980xe for AI and let me tell you... 750W only in GPU is not fun to dissipate (with another 400W from the CPU). Even 900W wouldn't be fun with a 3950x, definitely you will hear the fans, specially the PSU one, with only one option available, being the SFX-L from Silverstone.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Do they happen to still be available for purchase?
Currently not, but we gonna rush for the second batch, because such long delays. So you can expect the next preorder in around the end of August, or September. Sorry about that to all of you, I constantly in contact with the painting manufactory about the stuffs, but they are really slow I dont know why.

AllXFrag

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2020
Currently not, but we gonna rush for the second batch, because such long delays. So you can expect the next preorder in around the end of August, or September. Sorry about that to all of you, I constantly in contact with the painting manufactory about the stuffs, but they are really slow I dont know why.

Sounds to me like they are prioritising bigger jobs for bigger companies which always sucks and hurts the small businesses and niche markets. If you paid them and agreed on a timescale they should honor that, I believe some sort of contract was involved for the provision of work and pay thus they have to abide by it whether they like it or not. Hopefully it will get sorted soon. ?

Reactions: diceboii13

an_Age

Average Stuffer
Nov 21, 2018
Sounds to me like they are prioritising bigger jobs for bigger companies which always sucks and hurts the small businesses and niche markets. If you paid them and agreed on a timescale they should honor that, I believe some sort of contract was involved for the provision of work and pay thus they have to abide by it whether they like it or not. Hopefully it will get sorted soon. ?

When I had a case painted 10 years ago they told me that they'd only paint it when they painted bigger orders in the same colors. Fortunately it was black and white so it "only" took a month ?‍♂️

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
When I had a case painted 10 years ago they told me that they'd only paint it when they painted bigger orders in the same colors. Fortunately it was black and white so it "only" took a month ?‍♂️
Yes, I think they are just taking the bigger works first. I ordered special colors for the cases, so it need to be done seperately. Im gonna call them monday, to check whats going on ?

kosta

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 27, 2019
I made a user manual for the case, but I want to hear your opinions, maybe I missed something. Because the case will come almost fully assembled, I think that many information is enough.

The presentation is good, but the language leaves lots to be desired. Quite a few spelling mistakes and confusing grammar. Would be great if you could get it reviewed by a native speaker.

Alur

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 9, 2019
The presentation is good, but the language leaves lots to be desired. Quite a few spelling mistakes and confusing grammar. Would be great if you could get it reviewed by a native speaker.
Wholeheartedly agreed with Kosta, presentation is excellent but it needs to be reviewed and grammatically put together by a native.

Keep up the good work and do not fear to keep us posted even if it's a delay, we appreciate it.

ChorizoNinja

Average Stuffer
Jan 12, 2020
I made a user manual for the case, but I want to hear your opinions, maybe I missed something. Because the case will come almost fully assembled, I think that many information is enough.

The manual s good, just need some grammar revision. Somebody here can help you with that (Or I can kidnap my girlfriend for help, I am not a native speaker)

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Wholeheartedly agreed with Kosta, presentation is excellent but it needs to be reviewed and grammatically put together by a native.

Keep up the good work and do not fear to keep us posted even if it's a delay, we appreciate it.
The manual s good, just need some grammar revision. Somebody here can help you with that (Or I can kidnap my girlfriend for help, I am not a native speaker)
Thats true guys! Thanks for the help. I have friends who can help in that.

iwe

Caliper Novice
Feb 11, 2020
For grammar just copy past in a Word document with spell checker for the language, that solves everything.

an_Age

Average Stuffer
Nov 21, 2018

From a legibility standpoint I'd increase the tracking and line height of the text slightly but more importantly make the overall width of the paragraph narrower. Aim for 9-12 words per line! Longer than that and our eyes have a tendency to wander.