Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

AllXFrag

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2020
I know some people were thinking on how to monitor loop temps. I'm getting an aquaero octo and one of their inline temp monitors. I'll drop a link below.

Also I'm trying to work out what rgb strip to shove in the distro, might go for an rgbpx one and connect it to the octo for that fancy shmancy rainbowpukeunicornpoopepilepsyinducing goodness...

cobalt60

Chassis Packer
Aug 16, 2018
I know some people were thinking on how to monitor loop temps. I'm getting an aquaero octo and one of their inline temp monitors. I'll drop a link below.

Also I'm trying to work out what rgb strip to shove in the distro, might go for an rgbpx one and connect it to the octo for that fancy shmancy rainbowpukeunicornpoopepilepsyinducing goodness...

If you have an ASUS Strix board, it comes with a Temp Sensor header OOB. You can use Argus Monitor to control loop flow with coolant temperature via that header. IIRC, ASUS is the only ITX motherboard with that header.

I got myself a AORUS this time (B550-I) and I am thinking to get a Aquacomputer Quadro as well and pair it up with G1/4 Plug temperature Sensor, may be get a flow sensor? and a RGBpx to 3-pin ARGB header if i need some rainbow puke.

Reactions: bricemx

AllXFrag

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2020
If you have an ASUS Strix board, it comes with a Temp Sensor header OOB. You can use Argus Monitor to control loop flow with coolant temperature via that header. IIRC, ASUS is the only ITX motherboard with that header.

I got myself a AORUS this time (B550-I) and I am thinking to get a Aquacomputer Quadro as well and pair it up with G1/4 Plug temperature Sensor, may be get a flow sensor? and a RGBpx to 3-pin ARGB header if i need some rainbow puke.

Sound like a plan there!
I see no point of a flowmeter since the distro has one inside anyway, albeit not an accurate number but at least u can tell if flow is low or something. Plus I'm not super concerned about the flow rate.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
I have not used the Quadro personally, but I've got an Aquaero 6XT from the same company (similar type of product but more features) and it's really quite a powerful piece of hardware (Aquasuite is a bit fiddly at first but once you get used to it it's got a lot of functionality)

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
I have not used the Quadro personally, but I've got an Aquaero 6XT from the same company (similar type of product but more features) and it's really quite a powerful piece of hardware (Aquasuite is a bit fiddly at first but once you get used to it it's got a lot of functionality)
My plan is to get the Quadro + temp sensor, along with the RGBpx strips so that I can control everything from one unit and one piece of software. I'm trying to figure out what flow sensor I can get that's small, all the aquacomputer ones look huge.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Got some mixed news. Some cases will be here next week, so hopefully I can ship them, but some of them came out failed from the factory (Quality control works hehe) so it need to be done again. They type some wrong numbers in the stamping machine, and the vent slots came out in the wrong angle. It takes some extra days, but thats how these things work ?

an_Age

Average Stuffer
Nov 21, 2018
Got some mixed news. Some cases will be here next week, so hopefully I can ship them, but some of them came out failed from the factory (Quality control works hehe) so it need to be done again. They type some wrong numbers in the stamping machine, and the vent slots came out in the wrong angle. It takes some extra days, but thats how these things work ?

Thank god for QC!

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Dibs on one of the good ones ;-)

AllXFrag

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2020

Lottery mode enabled on who gets shipped next week ?, guess its colour dependant as well ?.

Nonetheless happy to have an update and happy that QC is on point! ??Thanks @diceboii13

Whippler

Trash Compacter
Nov 11, 2019

;_;

Reactions: AllXFrag

Alur

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 9, 2019
The colors were nice, just the stamping (cutting process) were failed in the outside elements, like frontplates, sidepanels, top/bottom expandable panels. The angle of the slots was the problem.
Dangit, how long will you need for their replacement and shipping? No pressure, just to have a rough estimate, keep up the good work and thanks for noticing us.

Kudos Dice!

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Dangit, how long will you need for their replacement and shipping? No pressure, just to have a rough estimate, keep up the good work and thanks for noticing us.

Kudos Dice!
Im gonna get the first ones this week (probably 10-20 pieces), as the painting factory said, that I can send in the next week. From the point I got the cases I can ship within 1-2 days. ?