Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Currently dont know, Im managing the Chinese manufacture timings now to sync up when I can use the founds, but I think it will be fine. My fear is the lockdown of the citys in here. I got some infos about our goverment gonna lock down our capital city in the next days, and the metal parts are coming from there. If the shippings inside the country will not be locked, it will be ok. I see some pictures there are soilders around another big city in here 2meters from each other so nobody can enter or leave the city. Roughly 200k ppl live there. Scary AF. I will update everybody if I know something. If I finally got all the colors, I will send it to @D10S and he will build something for you guys!

• Love
Reactions: maped and D10S

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Some improvements on the flowmeter by @alauder :
Seems very promising!

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Nice update I must ask tho, I remember seeing it early in the thread but will the distro have space for RGB strip or similar?
Offically no, but there is a little space where you can put an rgb strip. Because of the screw hole placements there is almost no space for it in the acrylic, but near it you can put something. A little DIY.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Hey guys, some mixed news coming up.

Seems like there will be no extra cost when you recieve your product. Maybe 2-3% but that depends on your country, so nothing mayor. I reccommend to check what is your countrys law.

Andy will try to sand(glass) blast the inner chanels of the distros for better aesthetics.

Looks like due to the COVID19 the Surface treatment (powdercoating) manufacture may close, But thats not 100%, I can confirm at around wednesday. if that happens, It can cause dalays, because we need to find another place. Fingers crossed its not gonna happen ?

Alur

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 9, 2019
Hey Dice,

Do not worry as everyone has to understand this is completely off your hands, if that happens and there is a delay or you need to find a new manufacturer for it, I am up for the wait as everyone else should I think.

Thank you for the dedication.

AllXFrag

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2020
I'm a bit confused at the blasting of the distro. Is this gonna be done in order to get smoother surface inside the runs? Iirc sandblasting on metals gives a satin-like surface this if this will be the case with the distro, for those who will run coloured fluids it might lead over time to pigment adhering to the distro run. Might be wrong tho. ??‍♂️

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Hey Dice,

Do not worry as everyone has to understand this is completely off your hands, if that happens and there is a delay or you need to find a new manufacturer for it, I am up for the wait as everyone else should I think.

Thank you for the dedication.
Really thanks for understanding! I try my best.

Reactions: an_Age

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
I'm a bit confused at the blasting of the distro. Is this gonna be done in order to get smoother surface inside the runs? Iirc sandblasting on metals gives a satin-like surface this if this will be the case with the distro, for those who will run coloured fluids it might lead over time to pigment adhering to the distro run. Might be wrong tho. ??‍♂️
Yes, we try to find a way to smooth the milling marks. It can done by hand, but it takes hours for each distro. If I can I'll upload pictures from it. We dont know jet how rough the surface will be, but it must be seethrough. To be honest I dont know about pigment adhering in distros, but if thats happens, its the same with the current ones, so nothing to lose. And it can be cleared for sure if you change fluids, like gpu or cpu blocks.

iwe

Caliper Novice
Feb 11, 2020
One questions about the distro and covers for large/extra large. Why not make the covers modules to the distro plate? Where you can have the distro one side and sell separated the covers for the front/back. Rather then buying new distro plate with different size req.

Reactions: diceboii13

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
One questions about the distro and covers for large/extra large. Why not make the covers modules to the distro plate? Where you can have the distro one side and sell separated the covers for the front/back. Rather then buying new distro plate with different size req.
Good question. I think about that, but to mount these pieces, it needs screws somewhere in the distro from sideways, and it can ruin the look of it. Maybe some screwless installation can work. Its complicated, but I think I can find some solutions in the next version. Now I cant change any mayor things, because orders are done/drawings are fixed.

an_Age

Average Stuffer
Nov 21, 2018
What were the results on the poll of the interior color of the cases? Will interior be black or match the outside of the case?

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Diceboi can you post a weekly update on the pre-order?
Sure! I will do more often.

Here is the first update. Andy is currently testing the sandblasting, it looks better, but it has no effect when you put some fluid in it. We may do it just for the looks. he has a nice workshop, so he can do it no metter how big this virus gonna be.

(in the middle he tried flame polishing, but the simple blast is better)

I have no information about the powdercoating manufacture currently. If it close we find a new one. Chinese shippings are a bit delayed, and slowed down as I see. I have the feets and some foam in the way for 2 weeks now.