Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

railtwo

What's an ITX?
New User
Dec 12, 2019
What are everyone's thoughts on the choice between 2 slot backplate vs 3 slot backplate?

I am aiming for a water cooled Nvidia Ampere 30X0 graphics card sometime later this year and is unsure what route to go...

AllXFrag

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2020
It only depends on how big the reference 30xx series will be. If will follow the 20xx route you should be fine with the 2 slot for a founders however, judging by the rumours of 48gb and such, that will probably take a beefy cooler.

My Aorus Xtreme 2080ti is 2.75 slot thus I might have to go 3 slot to be on the safe side.

But if u strictly think 30xx series, uncertainty regarding the specs would indicate to sit and wait until Nvidia confirms it.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
I highly doubt NVIDIA's reference GPUs will be a 3-slot design. Also, once you are doing watercooling, who cares what the stock cooler width is? As long as the PCIe Bracket is 2 slots, your waterblock will almost always be a single-slot or 1.5-slot design.

ChorizoNinja

Average Stuffer
Jan 12, 2020
Reference is going to be a 2 slot design. I would love to see the io in one slot, like the good old 1080ti, but that wont happen.

As other people said, once watercooled, except stupid 3 slot 2080ti custom pcb, the card would be 2 slot.

Save your money, get the founders edition, stick a waterblock. The ones that come from nvidia clock quite high always, as well as the titan rtx, but you can push their bioses to 375W, while the titan can't, sadly.

Mine would be happy with an extra 50W for stability.

an_Age

Average Stuffer
Nov 21, 2018
I remember a discussion about this but I don't think there was ever a definite answer. What will the feet look like? Glued on or screwed on? Can we buy our own.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
From tonight, you can Preorder the product in the webpage! The shipping prices, are changed a bit (2-4euros) but not much.

The preorder ends in the next weekend. From the date of your order you have 14 days to decline the order and get full refund.

Tossy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2018
I'm finding it really hard to make a choice about the color. The recent picture of the different surface treatments didn't show the colors very well and the pictures on the website are renderings I assume? Could you show us the different colors in good light?

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
I'm finding it really hard to make a choice about the color. The recent picture of the different surface treatments didn't show the colors very well and the pictures on the website are renderings I assume? Could you show us the different colors in good light?
The color samples at the my manufacturer right now and they have other works first, but I cant wait to show it :p

Reactions: Tossy

AllXFrag

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2020
This is a stupid question most likely but I want to make sure I cover all avenues. If I opt for the dual extra large distro and back, and a separate small front and back, Will I be able to close/expand top and bottom parts to fit snug or they differ in size length on the side? As I said, sounds stupid but just making sure.

AllXFrag

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2020
Also, apologies for the double post, i just got really excited about the case fite me. The gap in the seen when the case is in full extra large mode i assume will be covered by the side panels/glass upon expansion?