Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

Shremi

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 29, 2017
Ohhhh shiiiit I can't believe I missed the preorder..... I never got a notification and was away this week for work ..

When do you plan to take orders for the 2nd batch ?

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Ohhhh shiiiit I can't believe I missed the preorder..... I never got a notification and was away this week for work ..

When do you plan to take orders for the 2nd batch ?
Dont worry you can still order. Looks like we solve the payment issues. I dont want say this right now, but is almost 100% just waiting for the confirmation.

Reactions: bricemx and rfarmer

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
Apart from the flow meter, Argus Monitor is better for this type of builds, as you can mix temperatures from all the sensors, including GPU.

Pretty sure aquasuite does the exact same (allowing you to monitor integrated CPU and GPU sensors and slave controls of fans to these values). However by allowing the management of fan speed through coolant temperature why would this matter? (assuming you are cooling both the GPU and CPU, coolant temperature is basically already a 'mixed' analogue for the combined temperature of the CPU and GPU)

I've always assumed that loop management (Fan and Pump speed) via coolant temperature is a much better way to do it than doing some sort of software time-averaged values of CPU and GPU temperature because you can smooth out the sudden fluctuations in temperature when the CPU/GPU enters/exit heavy loads (relying on the thermal inertia of the coolant in the loop). This has always been the recommended method for managing a loop from way back in the Martins Liquidlab days.

Is this assumption now wrong? Can someone who have used this Argus monitor chime in with their experience with this software and how it deals with hysteresis involving sudden spike in temperature?

Reactions: DrHudacris

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
@diceboii13 - I looked on the product page and on the updated first post here but didn't see this answered. In the final design, what is the # of 2.5" drives supported, and where are they mounted?

ChorizoNinja

Average Stuffer
Jan 12, 2020
Pretty sure aquasuite does the exact same (allowing you to monitor integrated CPU and GPU sensors and slave controls of fans to these values). However by allowing the management of fan speed through coolant temperature why would this matter? (assuming you are cooling both the GPU and CPU, coolant temperature is basically already a 'mixed' analogue for the combined temperature of the CPU and GPU)

I've always assumed that loop management (Fan and Pump speed) via coolant temperature is a much better way to do it than doing some sort of software time-averaged values of CPU and GPU temperature because you can smooth out the sudden fluctuations in temperature when the CPU/GPU enters/exit heavy loads (relying on the thermal inertia of the coolant in the loop). This has always been the recommended method for managing a loop from way back in the Martins Liquidlab days.

Is this assumption now wrong? Can someone who have used this Argus monitor chime in with their experience with this software and how it deals with hysteresis involving sudden spike in temperature?

You can smooth out the fan ramp up with argus monitor, as well as monitor water temperature with it if you want.

Not to mention, you can define Hysteresis, critical temperature and email alerts in case you are not at home.

KnHawke

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 9, 2020
Oooo. Want this case!
Especially for a twin 280 Radiator!
Been trudging through this thread while, but I cannot see as to whether or not the Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Impact will fit, even with some <cough> gentle persuasion.

Reactions: diceboii13

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
You can smooth out the fan ramp up with argus monitor, as well as monitor water temperature with it if you want.

Not to mention, you can define Hysteresis, critical temperature and email alerts in case you are not at home.

Fair dos, but my point was that Aquasuite offers exactly the same functionality so is this just a good subsitute or is there another USP?

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
@diceboii13 - I looked on the product page and on the updated first post here but didn't see this answered. In the final design, what is the # of 2.5" drives supported, and where are they mounted?
Its a bit complicated. with a 2 gpu slot config, you can put 1 behind the psu, 2 to the top and 2 to the bottom fan holders. But I dont recommend it when you are watercooling it with dual rads, because it will block the airflow. For single rads you can put 3 in the case etc. Its hard to write it down, but you can see it in the website, at functions. It visualized with 2x 3,5 drives but its the same with 2,5.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Oooo. Want this case!
Especially for a twin 280 Radiator!
Been trudging through this thread while, but I cannot see as to whether or not the Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Impact will fit, even with some <cough> gentle persuasion.
Hey, thats nice to hear! Unfortunatelly DTX boards are not fit currently, but we have plans to make an updated version where it can. But its not that easy because you will lost some space in the bottom expand.

Reactions: KnHawke

KnHawke

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 9, 2020
Hey, thats nice to hear! Unfortunatelly DTX boards are not fit currently, but we have plans to make an updated version where it can. But its not that easy because you will lost some space in the bottom expand.

That's a bit of a bummer, but that's okay. I'm not much of an OverClocker, and this is a compromise I can live with.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Its a bit complicated. with a 2 gpu slot config, you can put 1 behind the psu, 2 to the top and 2 to the bottom fan holders. But I dont recommend it when you are watercooling it with dual rads, because it will block the airflow. For single rads you can put 3 in the case etc. Its hard to write it down, but you can see it in the website, at functions. It visualized with 2x 3,5 drives but its the same with 2,5.
I have a single 2TB 2.5" HDD I'd like to fit behind the PSU (hopefully it doesn't interfere with PSU airflow). I can't remember if I selected 2-slot or 3-slot GPU config, if I selected the 3slot please swap it to the 2slot so that I can fit my HDD. Thanks!

Reactions: diceboii13

The6A

Average Stuffer
Mar 20, 2017
Anyone got plans for bifurcation in this case? Actually, I mean anyone got plans for bifurcation and a way of implementing it? Cause I have the first part but fall way short on the latter

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Anyone got plans for bifurcation in this case? Actually, I mean anyone got plans for bifurcation and a way of implementing it? Cause I have the first part but fall way short on the latter
I gonna make a short description for it, its possible without the extra holder, just not that stable to actually carry it in a bag. We will make a holder for the 2nd batch.

ChorizoNinja

Average Stuffer
Jan 12, 2020
I gonna make a short description for it, its possible without the extra holder, just not that stable to actually carry it in a bag. We will make a holder for the 2nd batch.

Can that holder be retrofited into batch 1?

Or, if in the future, buy the 3 slot internal chasis, be fitted with the rest of the components of batch 1?

Not in my plans, as the best itx motherboard for x570 (asus) just literally omits the bifurcation is something beneficial. Like gpu + capture card, 10g internet, 2x thunderbolt, optane...

Last edited:

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Can that holder be retrofited into batch 1?

Or, if in the future, buy the 3 slot internal chasis, be fitted with the rest of the components of batch 1?

Not in my plans, as the best itx motherboard for x570 (asus) just literally omits the bifurcation is something beneficial. Like gpu + capture card, 10g internet, 2x thunderbolt, optane...
It will be the same, maybe with some tweekings. I cant see any mayor improvements in the near future.