Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
I have to say that proposed pricing is great and much better than other manufacturers here. Good job.
Do you mind adding an option of Vented front panel with large double expand in configurator?
Thanks we try our best! We can add it to the final lineup.
I assume you don't get the vented side panels if you order it with tempered glass right?
You are right, but if you want tg, still better to get it with the case, then seperate.

Tossy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2018
For me the choice between TG and vented really depends on the difference in cooling performance using a dual rad setup. Did the tests with the prototype cover this?
I presume that cooling performance with TG and air cooled components is a lot worse than with the vented panels?

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Last question it is shipping cost.
Its different to every country. If you can tell where you live I can give you a price :)
For me the choice between TG and vented really depends on the difference in cooling performance using a dual rad setup. Did the tests with the prototype cover this?
I presume that cooling performance with TG and air cooled components is a lot worse than with the vented panels?
Definitely, TG is worse then vented panels, but that comes out in aircooling more. As we tested its around a 10-15degree difference between them. With watercooling its not that signifficant, its around 5-10degree max. With TG the recommended cooling setup is bottom intake, and top exhaust, because it gives a cross airflow. Warm air rises up, and the radiator fans can help this rising. With vented sidepanels, I recommend both rads to exhaust. It gets cool air from the sides. Probably this is the most effective cooling solution. But TG works fine aswell.

Reactions: bricemx and Tossy

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
This is my question guys:

To be honest I lean more towards the black, for me its a bit more industrial looking, and not that boring.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Thats not too bad. I will pick up one with TG panels, unsure with pump im going with for now.
If you haven't bought your pump, it comes down to this: D5 is quieter with better flow rate, will be better for this case. But DDCs are smaller and are useful in other SFF cases as well, so if you like to jump cases a DDC may serve you better in future. I have an EK D5 ready and waiting for my Flow.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
If you haven't bought your pump, it comes down to this: D5 is quieter with better flow rate, will be better for this case. But DDCs are smaller and are useful in other SFF cases as well, so if you like to jump cases a DDC may serve you better in future. I have an EK D5 ready and waiting for my Flow.
And DDCs are easier to install to the distro (no mounting bracket needed)