Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

an_Age

Average Stuffer
Nov 21, 2018
Something that doesn't appear anywhere in this thread, or maybe I missed, is the feet the case are going to use. on my previous Ghost S1 I ended up buying custom feet in order to improve airflow, would it be possible to do this in this case?

I think I have seen feet somewhere earlier in the thread. At least there have been mentions of it and that it will have them.

When can I give you my inmortal soul to get a pre order? Or money? I already sold my ghost.
Hoping this week. Suppsosedly there are more pics by 15 Jan.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
First of all, sorry for not responding, but I need to prepare for my exams, and manage everything else.

I wouldn't be concerned with hot air from the PSU. The airflow in the case should be fine, and with the massive SFX or SFXL units available now, you can go overkill on the wattage to keep temps down. I'm going with the entirely overkill Corsair SF750 which should run passive most of the time, and Cooler Master just announced an 850W SFX unit, Silverstone has a 1000W SFX-L unit now.
If SFX not L mount for left can be a little bit moved close to MB.
For right turn, hot air to MB not a problem. Rads fans blow this air outside. Anyway this air will be.
Gonna look after it!

Something that doesn't appear anywhere in this thread, or maybe I missed, is the feet the case are going to use. on my previous Ghost S1 I ended up buying custom feet in order to improve airflow, would it be possible to do this in this case?

I am saying this because after testing different configurations for the ghost s1, the best one I found is both radiators as exhaust, and for that you need extra clearance on the bottom.

I am really looking forward for this case, the ghost was cool and all, but it was easily scratched by its design, and despite the fact the hats were cool, mounting them and aligning were a pain. I find your design much better for expandability, plus the distro plate is just amazing.

When can I give you my inmortal soul to get a pre order? Or money? I already sold my ghost.
I collect souls anytime hehe! I just talking a rubber molding manufacturer for some custom feets. It will be a long rigged rubber feet front and back. I tried the HiFi anti vibration feets, but I cant mount it properly, due to the ventilation. If you go 1 page backward, in the last picture you can see what I say. I need to test it first, but I can do it under the time of the preorders.

In our testings above 10-15mm feet height the cooling you can gain is pretty little. So we find out the case is ventilated enough to cool any possible rig you can throw in it. If we go above 15mm it take away from aesthetics, that isn't worth it for us. Fun fact, I just got a picture from @D10S whos got my first prototype (these are some kind of a door handle from amazon):

The preorder date is almost there, If I got the prices from the anodization, we can launch!

an_Age

Average Stuffer
Nov 21, 2018
The preorder date is almost there, If I got the prices from the anodization, we can launch!

Fantastic! Will we get a heads up here before then?

Another PSU question that came to mind: can you orient the fan of the psu facing inside the case? Is there ventilation so it can pull from gpu side or such? I'm considering mounting a small display on the back of it to display temps but don't want to block the fan.

Reactions: diceboii13

ChorizoNinja

Average Stuffer
Jan 12, 2020
I mean... I am not against the idea of door handles but... if you can confirm I can put some big rubber feet I am happy.

I am fan of aesthetics but... I care about noise more than anything.

in the meantime, I will keep waiting for preorders.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Fantastic! Will we get a heads up here before then?

Another PSU question that came to mind: can you orient the fan of the psu facing inside the case? Is there ventilation so it can pull from gpu side or such? I'm considering mounting a small display on the back of it to display temps but don't want to block the fan.
Of course, I will tell immediately!

You can flip it. Its not ventilated, but you can flip it and try it, maybe it can work.
I mean... I am not against the idea of door handles but... if you can confirm I can put some big rubber feet I am happy.

Im my current idea, there is no need for holes in the bottom for the feet, but you can put something between the vent slots.

Reactions: bricemx

D10S

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 4, 2018

You can do everything:
In my previous post you can see that I put some feet taken from an old DVD player,
so even these handles are simply screwed on, using spaces, no dremmel.
So you can simply use any type of feet on the market (lian-li, mptech etc ...) or hi-fi feet,
or handles for drawers, that as in my last test,
work swell as feet but at the same time they can be used as handles to move the case! ? ?

an_Age

Average Stuffer
Nov 21, 2018
Probably around 1-1,5 months, but it depends on the number of the preorders.
Do you know how similar the PSU vs. mobo layout is to for example Ghost S1 or SM550? Gonna start sleeving cables and would be nice to have a reference so I can have them ready for build.

Idea

Chassis Packer
Nov 28, 2019
WAIT DID I MISS THE PREORDER?!?!? PLEASE TELL ME I DIDNT AND I CAN STILL PRE ORDER IN TIME

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
WAIT DID I MISS THE PREORDER?!?!? PLEASE TELL ME I DIDNT AND I CAN STILL PRE ORDER IN TIME
Dont worry you are not! I will tell immediatelly when we start, in every platform I can. You dont need to wait much more. I
importune everybody in every day who I need to wait for, to finally start the preorder.. hehe

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Realistically, do you think 1st batch will be shipped until end of March?
Sure! If we didnt got unexpectedly large number of orders, we will make it.

Looks like this:
- I want to start the preorder 1 week after I know the exact prices, and everything (that 1 week is needed for advertising) . Before February, I really hope
- I want 2 weeks of preorders, lets say til February 10. In that period I collect some data and tell the manufacturers how much I need from everything, and they can start working on it. As they said, in 2 weeks, maximum 3-4 they can provide and send all the goods, that we test, assemble, and send it to everybody. So realistically in the start, or the middle of March we can ship.

These are my plans, but I really want to start preorder

dKenGuru

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 2, 2019
dken.guru
For me, now I have time before Ryzen 4000 and new GPU's release. But I want have case in my hands for planning better loop.
So, I hope if new revisions will be, I can just order new part/parts, not whole case.

Also one of my familiar want this case for dual rads semi portable workstation.

an_Age

Average Stuffer
Nov 21, 2018
Sure! If we didnt got unexpectedly large number of orders, we will make it.

Looks like this:
- I want to start the preorder 1 week after I know the exact prices, and everything (that 1 week is needed for advertising) . Before February, I really hope
- I want 2 weeks of preorders, lets say til February 10. In that period I collect some data and tell the manufacturers how much I need from everything, and they can start working on it. As they said, in 2 weeks, maximum 3-4 they can provide and send all the goods, that we test, assemble, and send it to everybody. So realistically in the start, or the middle of March we can ship.

These are my plans, but I really want to start preorder
Literally perfect. Switching GPUs with a friend early March because I can't find any blocks for mine.

For me, now I have time before Ryzen 4000 and new GPU's release. But I want have case in my hands for planning better loop.
So, I hope if new revisions will be, I can just order new part/parts, not whole case.

Also one of my familiar want this case for dual rads semi portable workstation.

I also hope for this. Going to do my first loop with current parts as a practice for Ryzen 4000 and Nvidia 3000 series.