Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

legit

Caliper Novice
Aug 5, 2019
For what it's worth, the plate for mounting 2.5 SSDs in that form doesn't need to be solid- it can have holes.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Just got myself a Nikon Camera. If thats not sick, I dont know what is.

dKenGuru

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 2, 2019
dken.guru
I think if change PSU bracket like Jonsbo style mount or closer to Dan A4, Ghost S1, it will help allow 2 ssd mound instead one. Steel material must be secure and don't allow bend.

Reactions: diceboii13

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Hey @diceboii13 - I am sufficiently excited for your case that I want to buy parts for my Fractal Nano S that I can later migrate into your case when it's available. So I wanted to ask you a few questions before I buy anything, and figured that there might be some folks interested as well. If you don't know yet because something might change, please say so, but otherwise let me know if my plan will work.

1. The pump, obviously. I believe earlier you said you could go either D5 pump or DDC, but you'd have to pick. Will it be DDC-only at launch? I'd prefer D5, but if its only DDC I'm probably going to go with the Alphacool DDC310 as it seems to be focused on low noise. My understanding is I should not need a pump top as the pump will fit into the distro plate. Correct?
  2. The Radiators. The case says it's 161 mm wide. On a previous page, you said the 153mm-wide Hardware Labs Nemesis 280GTS would fit. I just want to double-check that's still the case. These are too wide for some cases (like my FD Nano S). My other option is to go with a single 45mm thick radiator, like the Alphacool XT45 280mm radiator or the EK CE 280. The single radiator would perform worse than two thinner ones, but double 57mm expands puts me at 19.2L, versus 18.4L for 73+27. I think that close a difference I'd go with two radiators to run the fans slower and quieter.
  3. The CPU block. Are there any potential clearance issues above the CPU itself? Should I worry at all about blocks with side fittings or just not think about it? Would I be best suited with the 2-slot GPU and 74mm tall CPU area, since I would be water cooling the GPU? I dunno why you'd buy the case and not watercool your GPU but to each their own.
  4. If you go with the 2-slot GPU version, is there space next to the GPU to add fittings without hitting the sides? In JayzTwoCents' Ghost S1 dual-rad build he had issues with 90 degree fittings pushing out on the side of the case if he didn't use barb fittings. Have you tested the fittings clearance when using a waterblock? Or should I go with the 3-slot version to be safe?
If you need a beta tester let me know. I'm a water cooling newbie but I plan on building the custom loop in my FD Nano S first before moving into your case later this year (assuming everything goes according to plan). Thanks! Big props to you and @alauder on this.

Reactions: bricemx and rfarmer

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Hey @diceboii13 - I am sufficiently excited for your case that I want to buy parts for my Fractal Nano S that I can later migrate into your case when it's available. So I wanted to ask you a few questions before I buy anything, and figured that there might be some folks interested as well. If you don't know yet because something might change, please say so, but otherwise let me know if my plan will work.

1. The pump, obviously. I believe earlier you said you could go either D5 pump or DDC, but you'd have to pick. Will it be DDC-only at launch? I'd prefer D5, but if its only DDC I'm probably going to go with the Alphacool DDC310 as it seems to be focused on low noise. My understanding is I should not need a pump top as the pump will fit into the distro plate. Correct?
  2. The Radiators. The case says it's 161 mm wide. On a previous page, you said the 153mm-wide Hardware Labs Nemesis 280GTS would fit. I just want to double-check that's still the case. These are too wide for some cases (like my FD Nano S). My other option is to go with a single 45mm thick radiator, like the Alphacool XT45 280mm radiator or the EK CE 280. The single radiator would perform worse than two thinner ones, but double 57mm expands puts me at 19.2L, versus 18.4L for 73+27. I think that close a difference I'd go with two radiators to run the fans slower and quieter.
  3. The CPU block. Are there any potential clearance issues above the CPU itself? Should I worry at all about blocks with side fittings or just not think about it? Would I be best suited with the 2-slot GPU and 74mm tall CPU area, since I would be water cooling the GPU? I dunno why you'd buy the case and not watercool your GPU but to each their own.
  4. If you go with the 2-slot GPU version, is there space next to the GPU to add fittings without hitting the sides? In JayzTwoCents' Ghost S1 dual-rad build he had issues with 90 degree fittings pushing out on the side of the case if he didn't use barb fittings. Have you tested the fittings clearance when using a waterblock? Or should I go with the 3-slot version to be safe?
If you need a beta tester let me know. I'm a water cooling newbie but I plan on building the custom loop in my FD Nano S first before moving into your case later this year (assuming everything goes according to plan). Thanks! Big props to you and @alauder on this.
Good questions. I would also like to know about the 280GTS, I think with 2 of those this would be an incredibly quiet build.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com

Hey ermac! Good questions.

1: There will be a DDC and a D5 one aswell. We want to test the D5 first(we recommend this due to better performance and lower noise) we waiting for the tester to came home from holiday, sorry for that but its summer :) You need a simple D5 or DDC with no pump tops and anything else. But if Im correct, if you buy any pump with tops and brackets you just need to disassemble it, to fit there.
2: In fully expanded there is 73mm height, and 157mm width, so you can safely play with 71x155 without touching the sides. So any 45mm rads with 155mm width is okey.
3. We didnt test it yet, but its wider then the ghost, because of that. It is still an SFF case so the tubing will be a manwork, but I think you will be fine with normal cpu blocks. In the worst case you just need to get 2x90deg fittings.
4: As I mentioned, we didnt test it yet, but I planned it this way, so there cant be issues with it. There is still 4,5mm to the sidepanel.

I have a tester, but he is in holiday now, thats why we didnt post it yet about the performance, sorry for that. Im currently working on the webpage, and talking with @alauder about the manufacturing. Good luck with the Nano S! Hope you will be downsize after it :p

Last edited:

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
1: There will be a DDC and a D5 one aswell. We want to test the D5 first(we recommend this due to better performance and lower noise) we waiting for the tester to came home from holiday, sorry for that but its summer You need a simple D5 or DDC with no pump tops and anything else. But if Im correct, if you buy any pump with tops and brackets you just need to disassemble it, to fit there.
So if I want it faster, I should get a D5 pump? That's great, I'll probably end up getting the EKWB Kit with a D5 pump/res combo and then I can just extract the pump from it later.
2: In fully expanded there is 73mm height, and 157mm width, so you can safely play with 71x155 without touching the sides. So any 45mm rads with 155mm width is okey.
Perfect, thanks for clarifying.
3. We didnt test it yet, but its wider then the ghost, because of that. It is still an SFF case so the tubing will be a manwork, but I think you will be fine with normal cpu blocks. In the worst case you just need to get 2x90deg fittings.
4: As I mentioned, we didnt test it yet, but I planned it this way, so there cant be issues with it. There is still 4,5mm to the sidepanel.
I plan to get two rotatable 90 degree fittings for the GPU and two for the CPU. As long as the compression collars aren't too wide hopefully there won't be an issue. Should I get the 3slot GPU side or the taller GPU side? I'd prefer the wider GPU side in case some day I want to go with PCIe Bifurcation

I have a tester, but he is in holiday now, thats why we didnt post it yet about the performance, sorry for that. Im currently working on the webpage, and talking with @alauder about the manufacturing. Good luck with the Nano S! Hope you will be downsize after it
Let me know if you need another tester :)

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Dumb question - can I use the fill port as a drain port by flipping the case on the front (distro plate down)? So I don't need to plan for a separate drain?

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
So if I want it faster, I should get a D5 pump? That's great, I'll probably end up getting the EKWB Kit with a D5 pump/res combo and then I can just extract the pump from it later.

Perfect, thanks for clarifying.

I plan to get two rotatable 90 degree fittings for the GPU and two for the CPU. As long as the compression collars aren't too wide hopefully there won't be an issue. Should I get the 3slot GPU side or the taller GPU side? I'd prefer the wider GPU side in case some day I want to go with PCIe Bifurcation

Let me know if you need another tester
What you want we just want D5 for less noise. The 3 slot GPU version is better for burification maybe in the future, and more room to work in the gpu side. Both good for watercooling. If you want burification in the future go for the 3 slot, if not go for the 2 slot. In the 2 slot version, there is more space for the CPU, so easier to route the tubes. Anyways the difference between them is just the backplate, so you can order one for cheap. Where are youi live if I can ask you? :p

I think you can flip the case for draining, but we need to test it. I wrote down it on my list!

Reactions: NinoPecorino

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
As a public follow up, I found this terminal which solves the issue of fittings coming out from the card. It replaces the terminal on top of an EK block with rotaries that come out vertically, so you can run your tubes straight in a line from the radiator back to the distro plate.

lowkey

Trash Compacter
Jul 15, 2019
As a public follow up, I found this terminal which solves the issue of fittings coming out from the card. It replaces the terminal on top of an EK block with rotaries that come out vertically, so you can run your tubes straight in a line from the radiator back to the distro plate.

I bought it this week and its only fitting on some EKWB waterblocks. The second option is this low height terminal VGA-XS18-QSQUALL from bykski (and barrow).

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
I bought it this week and its only fitting on some EKWB waterblocks. The second option is this low height terminal VGA-XS18-QSQUALL from bykski (and barrow).
I will test it on my EKWB Titan v block tonight. When I eyeballed it, it seemed like it looked right.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Update: Installed just fine, comes with 3 different screws and 2 new o-rings to replace the default terminal.

Wish it came in something other than Black, but thems the breaks. I'll make it match the fittings and the tubes :)