Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

dKenGuru

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 2, 2019
dken.guru
Is possible custom color for some parts (expandable top and bottom) for additional cost?
Or separate additional parts for self painting.

Last edited:

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Is possible custom color for some parts (expandable top and bottom) for additional cost?
Or separate additional parts for self painting.
I think it will be possible, but depends on the final manufacturers color palette. Now I talking with a hungarian company, but they require drawings from the case, so I making them asap. Then I can ask from prices, and color palette if the price will be good.

ductapeme

Caliper Novice
Aug 10, 2019
Would it be feasible to add a handle for portability of the case? Or since the case extends adding a handle would add unnecessary stress on the screws holding the extension for the case in place.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Would it be feasible to add a handle for portability of the case? Or since the case extends adding a handle would add unnecessary stress on the screws holding the extension for the case in place.
Its possible, but not in the top, maybe in the back of the case, between the gpu and the mobo cutout. For first I want to get the case with the most neccessary features, then we can add things like the handle. I think about a leather or some textil/fabric holder, for better cable management and aesthetics. If I leave 2 holes for an additional handle in the back, it can work I hope. I gonna think about this idea!

Reactions: NinoPecorino

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
First, sorry for no updates. Im waiting for the manufacture, to respond me back. Im working on the social media in the last couple days.

facebook.com/dicecases
dicecases.com (dont take the shop prices seriously, its just for testing purposes)

Maybe instagram will be coming.

Jugizafupe

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 1, 2019
It's a beautiful case. Before that I check only slim-Desktop, but this... Love you, man. I've never gotten a water-cooled computer, but I see your case and wanted to buy it

• Love
Reactions: diceboii13

Jugizafupe

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 1, 2019
I'm my calculations around December. The final design is done like 99% just waiting for the manufacturer to get some price offers. Then we make a second prototype, for testing, and its almost done.
Guy, you do this so fast. From prototype in your mind to real case. I literally jump for joy when I look at this case and read your message

Reactions: diceboii13

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Some variations, just for keep up the excitement!

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Under the hoodie!

280 rad + 2x140 fans (56mm expand)

240 rad + 2x120 fans (56mm expand)

2x120 fans (26mm expand)

2x3,5" drives (26mm expand)

And I have no time for the 71mm expand renders, but you can imagine how sick are them with some 45mm thick rads. And there is space for two!
Updated in the website too in the functions menu. dicecases.com

Tossy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2018
Very nice! Looking forward to it.
I was just looking at the configurator and noticed that while you define three different expands under "Specifications", one can only choose between two different expands when configuring the case. Additionally it only says "large" or "extra large" expand, without mentioning any measurements. I wouldn`t know which to order to get the right parts. Perhaps you could clarify that?

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Very nice! Looking forward to it.
I was just looking at the configurator and noticed that while you define three different expands under "Specifications", one can only choose between two different expands when configuring the case. Additionally it only says "large" or "extra large" expand, without mentioning any measurements. I wouldn`t know which to order to get the right parts. Perhaps you could clarify that?
Thanks man! Currently I'm working on it so its not 100% final jet. The reason for that is simple. There is 3 expands both sides.

With the small expand (26mm) you can install fans or drives but not radiators, so it will need taller ventilated panel, rather than a taller distro. (thats not in the configurator jet).

With the large expand (56mm) you can install 30mm thick radiators with 25mm fans (the expand is working without the taller panels anyway, its just for aesthetics). Its capable for watercooling so there will be a lot of variations, i mean for only one radiator you can choose the large distro bottom/top depends where you want to put it. also you can choose the double side expands for dual rad setups etc. etc.

The extra large is for 45mm thick radiators, and functioning like the large one. I want to make some guidance for it, to avoid missunderstandings.

The problem is, in a configurator there is a lot of variations. I mean almost 700, and if I want it to be perfect, I need to make renders for every single variation. So when a buyer chose every attribute, he can see the final product. I have some ideas about to reduce this number, but it will take some days to finish.