Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
And that solution for front and back holes while case is expended?
The front hole covers will be frosted or painted (depends on the case color) acrylic for sure. You can pick: you want the basic one, or the bigger one whats cover the holes. The back is a tricky one, because the radiator holder mounting in the top of it.

Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

Fiction

Chassis Packer
Jun 6, 2019
I really like the idea of having the case be able to increase in size. but what about the front and back area at top and bottom are those gonna be bare and u can the seen the fans and the radiators? I think it'd be much cleaner without the concept maybe. If you're getting a case with a distroplate i hope you're water cooling with all the available room for radiators and what not. Maybe only have it increase in size at the top or bottom?

edit: nvm i see thats what you guys were discussing. i really hope we have a clean look to the case with the movable parts and what not.

Last edited:

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
I really like the idea of having the case be able to increase in size. but what about the front and back area at top and bottom are those gonna be bare and u can the seen the fans and the radiators? I think it'd be much cleaner without the concept maybe. If you're getting a case with a distroplate i hope you're water cooling with all the available room for radiators and what not. Maybe only have it increase in size at the top or bottom?

edit: nvm i see thats what you guys were discussing. i really hope we have a clean look to the case with the movable parts and what not.
The front distro has 3 parts. the pump bracket, the rear side and the front side.(what you see) The front side will be the cover for that holes. If you dont care about it, you can order the case with the basic one, but if you have a plan, how your setup will look like, you can chose a bigger one to cover the holes. As I mention, the back is tricky because of the assembly. I want a same solution there too. And of course if you buy the basic distro, and after a month you think you need the bigger one, you just need to order a new frontplate for it, and screw it in.

Reactions: bricemx

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
ETA on Production?
If everything goes well, probably around november-december. I finished the final design, with all the features. Im currently waiting @alauder to review it. After it we will send the design to manufacturers, to get some price offer, to calculate price. I think we need a 2nd prototype for test it. In the end of this month I send the original prototype, to @D10S for thermal testing, and to see how everything fits.

dKenGuru

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 2, 2019
dken.guru
Panel for SSD over PSU.

Reactions: m.trix

Fiction

Chassis Packer
Jun 6, 2019
that looks pretty good, i know most ppl use m.2 but if u want the extra ports seems like a good trade off.
I was wondering @diceboii13 if the flow can fit a mini dTX motherboard.
cant wait for final renders.

Reactions: diceboii13

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
that looks pretty good, i know most ppl use m.2 but if u want the extra ports seems like a good trade off.
I was wondering @diceboii13 if the flow can fit a mini dTX motherboard.
cant wait for final renders.
DTX isn't compatible with sandwich layout sure to the way the riser wraps around the edge of the guard and down the back - allowing DTX would require this style of case to have an additional 20mm of empty space above the boards to accommodate. I suppose of all cases this is the most likely to support DTX but you'd need a longer riser cable and would not be able to use the full length of the top for radiators

Reactions: diceboii13

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com