Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

Fiction

Chassis Packer
Jun 6, 2019
That was my 2nd Pick, but its sounds like a bit wierd for a case. Yeah, long time I see you, thank you!
I was gonna say Poseidon, but they're some products out there with the name, same for Neptune as well. in like Nix or maybe mizuchi, susanoo, or even maybe just IceFlow, Glacias, glacer, or something along those lines. I really like hydra tho. maybe hydra in a different langauge or phrase that sounds cool.
as for the panel, i'm definitely going for the glass option, however it'd be nice if the holes match for the ventilated options. otherwise amazing job so far, really excited for the case.
is the glass panel gonna be flush against the whole side or just the small portion where the opening is.

Reactions: diceboii13

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Final specs still not complete?
I sold my Ghost S1 and order two 280 HWL rads with D5 pump for this case.
You rushed it hard :D Sorry I was busy in the work. I make some final dimensions:

(2 slot GPU) CPU cooler hight: 74mm
(3 slot GPU) CPU cooler hight: 54mm

Case size closed: 209 H x 161 W x 372 L

Volume starts from 12,5L all the way up to 21,1L

1st expand 27mm (fans, drives): 235 (261 both side expanded) x 161 x 372
2nd expand 57mm (30mm rads + 25mm fans, AIOs): 265 (321 both side expanded) x 161 x 372
3rd expand 73mm (47mm rads + 25mm fans): 281 (353 both side expanded) x 161 x 372

120/140 mm fans and 120/240/280 rads supported depends on the expand

2,5 slot GPUs accepted with 2slot backplate.
3 (3,5) slot GPUs accepted with 3slot backplate.

SFX - SFX L PSUs with 2 orientations and 4 positions

In the base package: Riser cable, 2,5 drive mount, base distro with no covers for top/bottom holes in the front, 2 or 3 slot backplate installed based on your choice, and ofc the case.

Sidepanels: Acrylic transparent, Acrylic vented, Steel vented (maybe glass if we can get it somehow for extra price)

Material: 2mm aluminium exterior, 0.9mm steel interior

Colors: Glacial (white) Oxidian (dark grey) Lagune (deep blue)

Price probably a bit more than 200$ but thats not 100% right now.

I hope I mention everything.

I was gonna say Poseidon, but they're some products out there with the name, same for Neptune as well. in like Nix or maybe mizuchi, susanoo, or even maybe just IceFlow, Glacias, glacer, or something along those lines. I really like hydra tho. maybe hydra in a different langauge or phrase that sounds cool.
as for the panel, i'm definitely going for the glass option, however it'd be nice if the holes match for the ventilated options. otherwise amazing job so far, really excited for the case.
is the glass panel gonna be flush against the whole side or just the small portion where the opening is.
I search all of the myth gods but its really hard, the best names already taken.. :( I prefer also the long holes on the sidepanel, im happy everybody else does. In the first time there wil be acrylic sidepanels, but if there is an interest in glass, we can add it for an extra price I hope. And thank you!

Last edited:

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
You rushed it hard :D Sorry I was busy in the work. I make some final dimensions:

(2 slot GPU) CPU cooler hight: 74mm
(3 slot GPU) CPU cooler hight: 54mm

Case size closed: 209 H x 161 W x 372 L

Volume starts from 12,5L all the way up to 21,1L

1st expand 27mm (fans, drives): 235 (261 both side expanded) x 161 x 372
2nd expand 57mm (30mm rads + 25mm fans, AIOs): 265 (321 both side expanded) x 161 x 372
3rd expand 73mm (47mm rads + 25mm fans): 281 (353 both side expanded) x 161 x 372

120/140 mm fans and 120/240/280 rads supported depends on the expand

2,5 slot GPUs accepted with 2slot backplate.
3 (3,5) slot GPUs accepted with 3slot backplate.

SFX - SFX L PSUs with 2 orientations and 4 positions

In the base package: Riser cable, 2,5 drive mount, base distro with no covers for top/bottom holes in the front, 2 or 3 slot backplate installed based on your choice, and ofc the case.

Sidepanels: Acrylic transparent, Acrylic vented, Steel vented (maybe glass if we can get it somehow for extra price)

Material: 2mm aluminium exterior, 0.9mm steel interior

Colors: Glacial (white) Oxidian (dark grey) Lagune (deep blue)

Price probably a bit more than 200$ but thats not 100% right now.

I hope I mention everything.

I search all of the myth gods but its really hard, the best names already taken.. :( I prefer also the long holes on the sidepanel, im happy everybody else does. In the first time there wil be acrylic sidepanels, but if there is an interest in glass, we can add it for an extra price I hope. And thank you!

Considering the usual premium for watercooling components, being more than $200 isn't particularly surprising or off putting.

Other names to consider: Aquarius, Trident, Leviathan, Manifold, Flow, Tide, Ebb, or Slipstream

Reactions: bricemx

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018
What side panels do you prefer btw?

The slanted-slot panels are fine, but would look better if both sides' diagonals run in the same direction. Top-front to bottom-rear, IMO.

I like Nix or maybe mizuchi, susanoo, or even maybe just IceFlow, Glacias, glacer, or something along those lines.

Glacier is a really strong name, actually. Iceberg could work, too.

Last edited:

legit

Caliper Novice
Aug 5, 2019
Just saw this thread, and impressed with how quickly a prototype came to be. Love the idea of an integrated distribution plate and dual radiators. This is literally what I'm trying to achieve with the ncase m1 v6 but think this form factor would be easier to work on. Would buy one as soon as it's ready. For side panels, I could go either transparent or vented side panel. I would like the ability to reduce dust inside the case though - so dust filters would be ideal for me.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
The slanted-slot panels are fine, but would look better if both sides' diagonals run in the same direction. Top-front to bottom-rear, IMO.

Glacier is a really strong name, actually. Iceberg could work, too.

Now the slots are in a circular pattern. They are like going around the case. I tried your version before, but it looked weird from the sides imo. I find a pc case company called iceberg :( How about Iceborn?

Just saw this thread, and impressed with how quickly a prototype came to be. Love the idea of an integrated distribution plate and dual radiators. This is literally what I'm trying to achieve with the ncase m1 v6 but think this form factor would be easier to work on. Would buy one as soon as it's ready. For side panels, I could go either transparent or vented side panel. I would like the ability to reduce dust inside the case though - so dust filters would be ideal for me.

Thanks! Magnetic dustfilters will be the best option I think. I gonna find out how can we add them nicely!

Reactions: Bonusround

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018
Now the slots are in a circular pattern. They are like going around the case.
Ooh, that's interesting. Pictures?

I find a pc case company called iceberg :( How about Iceborn?
'Iceborn' sounds strange to my ears – like a race of creatures from a fantasy novel.

@Fiction's suggestion of Ice Flow is better. There's also 'Ice Floe', which could be stylized as 'Ice Flo'. Or maybe even 'Ice Pack'?

I don't really love any of those. :\ A one-word name would be best, IMO.

Last edited:

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018
Other possibilities related to Iceberg...

Bummock is the large underwater part of an iceberg. You'd be crazy to use that name, though.

Then there's Growler – a word used to describe icebergs that show very little ice above the water.

The fact that this word also defines a large bottle of beer doesn't hurt, either. ?

Reactions: rfarmer

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Ooh, that's interesting. Pictures?

'Iceborn' sounds strange to my ears – like a race of creatures from a fantasy novel.

@Fiction's suggestion of Ice Flow is better. There's also 'Ice Floe', which could be stylized as 'Ice Flo'. Or maybe even 'Ice Pack'?

I don't really love any of those. :\ A one-word name would be best, IMO.
I mean, what you saw. If you start from a line, like in the top, and follow it around the case, its like a screw thread. And the name will be Flow. Its easy its meanfull and there are to much variants right now :D I want to simplify it. But thanks for the ideas, the beer one is the best XD