Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Are you able to give us some measurements of the prototype in terms of volume, clearances, etc? Interested to see the actual z-height when fully collapsed vs fully extended.
Of course!

Collapsed: 372*210*160 around 12L (cant even go under 10L because of the pump+distro need extra space :( )
Fully expanded: 372*340*160 around 19L

Fully expanded, it gives 65mm both top and bottom.

Tossy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2018
Will there be some kind of front cover for above en below the distro plate if the case is fully extended? Don't know if I being able to look into the case unhindered would bother me.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Will there be some kind of front cover for above en below the distro plate if the case is fully extended? Don't know if I being able to look into the case unhindered would bother me.
Currently no, but I'm thinking about a solution, because you are not the only one who say this.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
I make a trial loop, just to see how it works out. And for testing purposes.

It goes like: distro -> pump -> cpu -> bottom rad -> gpu -> top rad -> distro
But there is more other ways to do.

What would this look like using crossflow radiators? Would that make tube routing easier or more difficult? I ask because testing of the HWLabs 280mm XFlow radiators showed similar performance to the standard U-bend, but with significantly less restriction on flow.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Reactions: bricemx

OrganX12

Efficiency Noob
Jun 27, 2019
Hello @diceboii13

Honestly, I think that you should make a proper case for 2 rads and forget about the option to slide the top and bottom for no rads (it will be a lot of work and won't be perfect at the end). It is best to have something perfect : 'mini itx case for custom loop with 2 rads' (which has never been done properly) than a case that can do 2 things but not perfectly. So my advice to you would be to choose one of the two. I think that the SFF community tend to be perfectionnist so to appeal to them, I would create the perfect mini ITX case for custom loop with 2 rads and forget the other option.

You will ease the manufacturing process, the understanding of your project would be focus on a simple idea and you would be the first to do it perfectly.

I like your project and still interested to give you my money :)

Good luck for your project !