Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

Alur

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 9, 2019
Started machining the distributor today. Just one more setup on the back plate then lots of holes to tap!

pcdesignfoundry
The quality is outstanding!

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Parts came back from powder coating. They look super nice. I also did all the hole tapping in the acrylic distribution plates today. Just need to do the countersinks on the front distributor plate and make some O-rings tomorrow then I can ship it.

PC Design Foundry
As I said in email there is no words for this kind of quality. I'm really happy I can work with Andy, he is a diamond for sure!

• Love
Reactions: bricemx and Alur

Alur

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 9, 2019
Parts came back from powder coating. They look super nice. I also did all the hole tapping in the acrylic distribution plates today. Just need to do the countersinks on the front distributor plate and make some O-rings tomorrow then I can ship it.

PC Design Foundry
First of all, @diceboii13 outstanding work on this design and it's fantastic vision for a modular case and @alauder the fantastic execution as well as the showcase, this is superb teamwork.
I cannot wait to get my hands in one of these, honestly I am speechless.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Man seeing the quality of this as well as the quality of the project Andy did for me - I'm sort of already plotting another custom project with him haha it's been a blast!

Love the distro block built in! Looks sensational!

Reactions: diceboii13

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
is there any indicative timeline for launching this?
I been looking for a new case and this is looking perfect
Unfortunatelly, I dont know that yet. We need to test this prototype, and reach manufacturers for correct prices. After that I can say how much it takes. I want this to be in the market this year, so I do what can for it!

Thanks! ?

alauder

Trash Compacter
May 10, 2019
www.pcdesignfoundry.com
Thanks for the appreciation. Here is an update from today.

Made the custom O-rings. Also got myself a new pillar drill so I could do a proper job on the countersinks in the front of the distributor plate.

Place the 2 mm cord in the grove cut for it then trim to length.

Put a small dab of adhesive on one end and touch the two ends together.

Sand of the exes glue that squeezed out of the joint once it hardens. Also sand down any mismatch step between the ends.

Apply a thin layer of silicone grease to cover the whole O-Ring evenly.

Push into the cut in the plate. Making sure it wont be trapped at a corner.

You can go around after and clean up any grease smudges with a lint free cloth.

I ended up cutting the countersinks after installing the O-Rings. Not ideal but the pillar drill did not arrive till late.

End result. You can visually see they the gasket is wetting all the way around so should not leak.

I'll try and do a leak test but it may be hard without a pump.
After that install the distributor then I can ship tomorrow.

PC Design Foundry