Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

alauder

Trash Compacter
May 10, 2019
www.pcdesignfoundry.com
Here are some more pics for you all.

PC Design Foundry

TheBigG

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2019
Have you ever tested if a installed pump will make everything rattle? Since distro plate and the rest of the case are connected I could imagine that it could vibrate to a point that it is noticeable.

RB73

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 28, 2019
If the rattling is an issue you could use rubber washers between the distro plate and the case to reduce the effect.

Reactions: diceboii13

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Hi @diceboii13 , you and @alauder are doing an amazing job ! It is my first post ever and I just wanted to tell you that you'll have my money if you release this case. It is exactly what I think is the perfect Itx case (watercooled obviously). Greetings from France !
Thank you @OrganX12 we really appriciate it! To France it will be easy to ship :p

Reactions: bricemx

CrashGaming

What's an ITX?
Jul 2, 2019
Had to make an account just to say this looks amazing! Will definitely be looking to grab one if/when it releases as it seems like an ITX custom loop dream case.

One small thing to note however, is that the bottom intake does seem quite close to the ground, but I'm sure you've got something figured out for that already.

Keep up the great work! Excited to see how this progresses.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Had to make an account just to say this looks amazing! Will definitely be looking to grab one if/when it releases as it seems like an ITX custom loop dream case.

One small thing to note however, is that the bottom intake does seem quite close to the ground, but I'm sure you've got something figured out for that already.

Keep up the great work! Excited to see how this progresses.
Thank you man! Yeah it'll got some simple feet to raise the case for better airflow under it. ?

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com

The case arrived! Its better then I tought, thanks to Andy ? I found some mistakes, (and Andy mentioned too), that I make in the design tho:

- The sliding holes are to tight, its really hard to push the screws in. Its like 1mm tighter then it should be. ( Need to buy some thumbscrews, it will be a lot easier )

- The Gpu mounting mechanism in the back is screwless, but really need some screws to it, to stay rigged.

These are the only issues, so im happy! Other than that, the distro is really good, no leaking pretty nice looking piece.

The powdercoating looking awesome, resists to scratches well.

I think there will be no problem with wiggling because the whole case is strong and rigged like a piece of brick lol, you cant imagine.

Its almost perfect for the first try so yeah.. @alauder did an outstanding job!

More tests will coming as I get some hardware for it.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
I don't see how I didn't see this thread before, but this is some fantastic work (loving Fusion 360 yet?).

This is honestly a work of art. I'm loving the style across the entire thing.
Having a unified look with such a (may I say) nonstandard front is a near impossible thing, and I'm saying this from my own design experience, which really isn't much.

I am going to be watching this thread. :)

Reactions: diceboii13

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
I don't see how I didn't see this thread before, but this is some fantastic work (loving Fusion 360 yet?).

This is honestly a work of art. I'm loving the style across the entire thing.
Having a unified look with such a (may I say) nonstandard front is a near impossible thing, and I'm saying this from my own design experience, which really isn't much.

I am going to be watching this thread. :)
Thanks mate! Unique things are the best :p

dKenGuru

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 2, 2019
dken.guru
What size of rads it will support? Two 240/280, one top and one buttom? And will be supported HWLabs rads? Because they much wider then others.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
What size of rads it will support? Two 240/280, one top and one buttom? And will be supported HWLabs rads? Because they much wider then others.
I think 65mm is the space you have in each side. You can use 15mm slim fans with max.50mm rads, and 25mm normal fans with max.40mm rads. So HWLabs rads are not supported. They are 54,7mm wide which is way to much. The case supports 2x240 or slimmer 2x280 rads.

Reactions: D10S