Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

kosta

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 27, 2019
That really sucks, I'm sorry... It's a very frustrating situation. This was my first group by experience with a computer case and considering the size of investment, I can't say I would do it again with a case small-batch producer that doesn't have a history of successful releases.

It's really odd considering there were mentions of a v2 and whatnot. Can't believe anyone would seriously consider buying a new batch considering the track record. One thing I can say for sure is that the time investment and stress for a first case is 100% not worth whatever profits you can squeeze out of it. Best thing you can hope for is that you break even, not piss off your supporters and take the learnings from the first launch to plan out a much more efficient second launch.

Perhaps dice has decided that this is not a hobby he wishes to pursue because the experience was not fun, and he doesn't want to turn it into a business either so he has just abandoned the whole enterprise. 🤷‍♂️

TheBigG

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2019
Since it doesn't seem that i will get replacement parts to get my case in a usable state. Is there a other case that can fit dual 280 rads + a distro for a D5?

kosta

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 27, 2019
Since it doesn't seem that i will get replacement parts to get my case in a usable state. Is there a other case that can fit dual 280 rads + a distro for a D5?
O11 Dynamic Mini could be a good option! Otherwise, there are options from Sliger that might work too.

TheBigG

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2019
Thanks for the recommendation, they are sadly much bigger than this case. I would love to go for a DAN-C4 but it seems it only fits one radiator. It is strange that i can't find any case in roughly the same size + sandwitch layout.

TheBigG

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2019
For me is looks like both can't take a D5.

It would really help to get a response from @diceboii13 if he will replace stuff or not, because spending 400€ for a case that turns out later that i don't need is something i really would like to avoid.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
For me is looks like both can't take a D5.

It would really help to get a response from @diceboii13 if he will replace stuff or not, because spending 400€ for a case that turns out later that i don't need is something i really would like to avoid.
I haven't found any other <20L cases that will take a D5 and two 280s. This case was my Unicorn. If you are willing to swap to a DDC and use the pump/block combos, you can get dual 280s in the Winter One or 240+280 in the NR200. There's also some slightly taller M1-style cases on Taobao that can fit a proper 240mm radiator in the top and bottom as opposed to requiring the TX240 with slim fans.
What parts are you waiting for? I suggested in the discord that folks reach out to @alauder as I believe he did some of the fabrication work.

TheBigG

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2019
I got a wrong distro DDC instead of D5 version (dealbreaker), some parts of the case are white instead of black (i can life with that even though not pleasant), some threadings for the screws did fall off, so i can't screw the top cover in anymore (annoying).
So getting a D5 distro would atleast enable me to build in the case.
@alauder what would it cost to get a distro from you?

TERABITDEFIANCE

Efficiency Noob
Nov 24, 2020
@TheBigG i have the same problem, but reversed. i have a D5 double large distro that i dont want to use because i have a ddc pump. atm im bypassing the distro to use my pc and have a homemade res and its disappointing for a expensive case. It also barely fits so i could imagine a d5 solution for you wouldnt work either. i also had alot of leaking issues but that couldve been on my part. im not sure. i had a d5 pump on loan but this distro just didnt work for me. to be fair i never liked d5s though. it couldve just been me and d5s not liking eachother, lol. so i ended up taking it out and just using a ddc with a top and the distros been sitting empty ever since. later on i discovered tiny cracks but im not sure are the problem.

alauder

Trash Compacter
May 10, 2019
www.pcdesignfoundry.com
I got a wrong distro DDC instead of D5 version (dealbreaker), some parts of the case are white instead of black (i can life with that even though not pleasant), some threadings for the screws did fall off, so i can't screw the top cover in anymore (annoying).
So getting a D5 distro would atleast enable me to build in the case.
@alauder what would it cost to get a distro from you?
I'll make an extra D5 rear part to send either through Dice or directly to you.

Reactions: TheBigG

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
I'll check with Dice.
Just pointing out Dice has been unresponsive to a lot of folks over the past month and change, so if you do hear from him please let him know his adoring fans need his attention :)
Otherwise I wouldn't have suggested folks reach out to you directly.