DAN A4-SFX v4.1

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
How in the world do v3 owners get the power cable to work with a corsair powersupply? The plug is in the wrong orientation - and i can’t approach from the other direction because the plug won’t fit through the gap. Any suggestions?
You cannot follow what is done in post #1263?

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
How in the world do v3 owners get the power cable to work with a corsair powersupply? The plug is in the wrong orientation - and i can’t approach from the other direction because the plug won’t fit through the gap. Any suggestions?
It does fit. Or you just unscrew the PSU bracket and you can run the cable correctly.

By shamelesly using the picture of a fellow DAN user, I can show you this:

I think everyone with a Corsair SF-series PSU did this :)

You can unscrew the 6 PSU bracket screws, lower the PSU for a second, run the cable, screw the bracket back in. Simple as that.

The advantage with the DAN A4 is the possibility to completely dismantle it by unscrewing it.

Last edited:

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Well, again, I've changed! This configuration support full-length reference GPU! It wasn't necessary to change the fan as well, but, why not? I want to try the thinner rad+fan config to see how it performs! And everything is very easy to swap.
And there was space for a T-connector to fill "easily" the system!

(Maybe the GPU in the loop will be possible as well??)

I'll post soon temps under stress! (But also here, with the ASUS Z390 ITX. the VRM reach the maximum. The initial option was to use the ASrock Z390, but I don't know why, the MB doesn't turn on with the G-Unique. Is the only brand. I've tried the previous Z370 ITX as well, and nothing. Maybe is some safe option in the BIOS??

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Here the results!

Not so bad! But again, for me, all this at the end is not bringing much more than the EIsbaer LT combo. So I'll stay with it, waiting for a full monoblock to justify a custom loop! But now I know that there is space!

BTW, the best setup for me is this last one, keeping the slim fan and using the HW LS rad instead of the TX. The DDC will still fit!

BTW:

9900K no power limit, 5ghz OC, AVX -3
RAM OC 3733MHz C17
Fan curve, standard
Pump curve, standard
Chassis fan, silent.

Time Spy

AIDA64

Blender 25min render

Prime95 29.5 build 6

SkyhookJr

Caliper Novice
Jan 14, 2019
Thanks for the help everyone. The manual was a bit misleading. I’m not used to taking things apart to fit things in a case - my kids could hide inside my previous builds.

SkyhookJr

Caliper Novice
Jan 14, 2019
Another puzzle: My strix 1060 is too wide to clear the location of the riser to seat it. Do you unscrew the riser, plug in the graphics card, secure the card in the case and then rescrew in the riser?

Tr15

Caliper Novice
Nov 26, 2017
Hi,
Does anyone know of any examples in the wild of a Dan Case v3 fitted out with:
An SFX power supply, a 120mm AIO cooler, and slim fan (with an itx length graphics card)??
I'm keen to try it but would like to see an example build first. Which orientation does each component go in for the best thermal results? Is it even possible?
Thanks!

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Hi,
An SFX power supply, a 120mm AIO cooler, and slim fan (with an itx length graphics card)??
I'm keen to try it but would like to see an example build first. Which orientation does each component go in for the best thermal results? Is it even possible?
Thanks!
There is this!

advblue

Caliper Novice
Jan 13, 2019
Awesome. Cant wait for it to appear on Case King.

Does anyone have silver case with black sides or maybe like smoked / darker glass sides? Wondering how that looks.

D10S

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 4, 2018
Hi,
Thanks!
Hope this could help: D10S