DAN A4-SFX v4.1

JAugust

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2018
I mean, I suggest to keep the pump at full speed for an AIO, and the Dan of course depending by the CPU temp. Of course if the fan header you choose support the DC mode, you can have a curve for the pump depending from the CPU speed as well, but I will not go below 60% for the liquid flow. Of course depends from the pump power! Maybe @AseDen has a better advice!

ohhh.. well it will be my first AIO ever, so all the info and recommendations are very welcome to me. :)

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
I'm using a 970pro on the back of my MSI Z270I and don't really have any thermal issues.

I do wonder if it's a possibility to run the ADT riser cable at the gpu side like @fabio did instead of running it at the mobo side. As the backplate of the GPU also tends to get hot. Don't know if this could harm the cable. It does have some spacing though.

This would give some offset between the m.2 ssd and the mobo backplate, allowing airflow.
I was initially thinking of putting a thermal pad between the m.2 ssd and the backplate and use the case as heatsink. Knowing how hot the case gets while gaming, I put that Idea aside.

Reactions: fabio

JAugust

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2018
Do you have the V3 riser cable? (Or older) I have the V4 and run it over the GPU side as well like Fabio. No issues so far and my gpu doesnt have a backplate.

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
Do you have the V3 riser cable? (Or older) I have the V4 and run it over the GPU side as well like Fabio. No issues so far and my gpu doesnt have a backplate.
I currently have the v3 Lian-li cable. I'm still waiting for my ADT cable which is in shipment since the 18th of januari...

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
I mean, I suggest to keep the pump at full speed for an AIO, and the fan of course depending by the CPU temp. Of course if the fan header you choose support the DC mode, you can have a curve for the pump depending from the CPU speed as well, but I will not go below 60% for the liquid flow. Of course depends from the pump power! Maybe @AseDen has a better advice!
@JAugust - You don't necessarily need the pump running full speed. Honestly, you'll find that it varies depending on use case. Not going below 60% though, is good advice.
As with anything SFF some tinkering is to be expected. Adjustments can easily be made in the BIOS. :)

JAugust

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2018
Thanks! will the new 545LC be on SFFLabs? the old one just got removed from the site afaik.

--- and another random question, did someone managed to fit a SFX psu, 120mm rad and a Zotac GTX 1070Ti/1080 MINI (you know the dual fan one) in the A4?

Last edited:

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
Thanks! will the new 545LC be on SFFLabs? the old one just got removed from the site afaik.

--- and another random question, did someone managed to fit a SFX psu, 120mm rad and a Zotac GTX 1070Ti/1080 MINI (you know the dual fan one) in the A4?

Well, you have this guy who managed to fit a Corsair Hydro H55, Corsair SF600 and GTX1080:

All depends on the GPU size...

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015

It is a simple calculation. Chamber length 305mm - 120mm rad = 185mm for GPU.

The Zotac cards have a length of 211mm. So it will not fit.

But you can fit: MSI RTX 2070 Aero ITX or Gigabyte RTX 2070 ITX

JAugust

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2018
It is a simple calculation. Chamber length 305mm - 120mm rad = 185mm for GPU.

The Zotac cards have a length of 211mm. So it will not fit.

But you can fit: MSI RTX 2070 Aero ITX or Gigabyte RTX 2070 ITX
hmm.. I'm really indecisive as hell lol, I'm not really into RTX as well. was torn with Vega 64 and GTX 1080, but i guess 1080 will do, since the nano version of 64 is really hard to get anyway. that if i go for the 120mm rad, but im 80% sure I go for the asetek when the new one is being released. so that leaves me with a 1080 model (used) or a new vega 64, blower style.. but those things get loud as hell!

SkyhookJr

Caliper Novice
Jan 14, 2019
Also depends on the riser cable. V4 will have a adt riser cable which is shorter than the Lian-li one so no excess cable so you should be quite safe with the fan. This cable it compatible with the previous dan-a4 revisions and can be bought separatly. Though, the v3 and before are not meant to have a fan there, it should be possible. Using a descent fan curve, you can keep it quite silent too without a low noise adapter.

The V4 has a slightly risen mobo position helping the placement of the fan but with the right riser cable and cable management, it should be possible to get a fan in previous revisions.

Low airflow is still better than no airflow at all. Certainly if you are running watercooled and the motherboard has no additional airflow like when you run on air.

Thanks for everyones feedback on fans at the bottom of the case. I have all the parts laid out but have not started building yet. I have the v3 case. Going aircooled with noctua L9i - but I am only going to run a i5 8400. Might delid it too. Hopefully it will be possible to have a quiet dan case system that won’t overheat.

JAugust

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2018
Thanks for everyones feedback on fans at the bottom of the case. I have all the parts laid out but have not started building yet. I have the v3 case. Going aircooled with noctua L9i - but I am only going to run a i5 8400. Might delid it too. Hopefully it will be possible to have a quiet dan case system that won’t overheat.
That won't overheat at all, you'll be fine. :)

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017

As far as I have read on the internet, it seems that the Asetek 545LC is EOL (End Of Life) and won’t be produced/available anymore.

(Read it was also apparently confirmed by OCUK as well)

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com

What we've heard from SFFLabs is that they want to retail the new unit :)

As far as I have read on the internet, it seems that the Asetek 545LC is EOL (End Of Life) and won’t be produced/available anymore.

(Read it was also apparently confirmed by OCUK as well)

Hi @Dawelio - we're working on a brand new 92mm AIO, which will fit the Dan Case and come with minor improvements as well :)

Launch date will be ready after Chinese New Year :)

SkyhookJr

Caliper Novice
Jan 14, 2019

Does the dan case v3 come with a sata data cable as shown in the manual?

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019

Does the dan case v3 come with a sata data cable as shown in the manual?
Nope, it just shows that you "need" to connect those cables. As many boards support M.2 now, it's a useless feature in the manual. I guess it's still the same manual as the v1...

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I've found this Akasa 80mm by 10mm. It doesn't solve the problem with the Gigabyte useless VRM heatsink, but it moves air, that is not so bad.

And following a small preview of a future custom loop INSIDE! Thanks to the "tiny" RTX 2070.