Jan 24, 2019
hi everyone,
my 1st dan a4 sfx v3

Arrandale

Trash Compacter
Jan 14, 2018
- added thread for easy installation of custom window kits

Hi,
do you have exact measurements of the side panels [especially diameter of the rounded edges] and the location of the threads [A in the Picture] for custom panels? I want to order custom acrylic windows to be used with the V4, but i can only go with measurement by eye otherwise which would probably be very inaccurate.

Reactions: fabio

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
While waiting for the V4, I am trying to fit as much as I can in it! This case is a swiss army knife!!

Missing the tubing only, and of course, to fill the loop...

Reactions: Nanook

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
That’s super interesting! Thanks man!

I’ve seen only this before
https://www.aquatuning.co.uk/water-...lphacool-reservoir-individual-for-dc-lt-pumps
That can fit easily and it give a reservoir as well to the system. I am trying to see in with a DDC pump the temp are better compared with a DC-LT.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Anyway, just ordered! Let's see!!! It will be great to keep the possibility to use the Titan RTX and a proper custom loop!

Arrandale

Trash Compacter
Jan 14, 2018
I tried around a few designs for the window, and ended up with this:

What do you guys think? I like the way it looks, but will it allow for good performance?

anttip

Cable Smoosher
Jan 1, 2019
CPU: Intel 7980xe delidded, with liquid metal + copper plate + kryonaut paste
CPU cooler: Asetek 545LC + Noctua NF-A9x14 in pull config
Motherboard: Asrock X299E-ITX/ac

I can run a couple of threads at 4.7GHz, or 36 threads at 3.9. On a bigger mobo this CPU goes around 4.4G Hz on air, 4.6 on AIO with 36 threads. But the problem is, with all cores in use this case starts to accumulate heat and it doesn't get out fast enough. Doesn't matter if I clock them down to 3.2GHz, the heat just starts building up slower, but eventually hits unsafe temps.

Update on this, in case anyone is thinking of skylake-x cpus with the Dan case: fault with overheating is on Asrock X299E-ITX/ac motherboard BIOS bugs. Any setting change to voltage or clock ratios will disable thermal throttling when all cores are in use. This seems to makes it impossible to overclock or undervolt CPUs for real use cases on this motherboard. Best one can do is delid and fix case fans, so the thermal throttling on "Auto" settings doesn't reduce the clock rate much. My setup gets 4.3GHz on 2 cores and 3.4Ghz on 18 cores, stabilizing at 80C, which is the thermal throttling threshold. Since this is the only mini-itx motherboard for skylake-x cpus, this is the max one can get in a mini-itx case.

I also tried several undervolting configurations, getting up to to 4.7GHz on 2 cores and 4.2GHz on 18 cores on stress tests. But these don't seem to handle real-use cases where high voltage pulls occur.

Reactions: D10S

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Is that perhaps the ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING motherboard by any chance? Only that you've removed the "font stIcker" on the lower part (upper side on your image) of the I/O cover?...

Yep, is that. Is easy to remove also without heatgun!

Reactions: Dawelio

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Voilat! A DDC in in the DAN! Next step, is to use the thin TX120, turning 90 degrees the DDC and swap the 2070 with the TItan RTX.

EDIT: I've turned 90 degrees the CPU block because wasn't touching properly the CPU!
VRM capacitors were interfering, and under Prime95 after 1 second the temp was going to 100 degrees. ;)

I am stress testing now, but seems the Eisbaer LT combo was doing a better job. I am pretty sure the reason is the radiator. I think the TX and the LS have a better performance! I will keep updated!

Last edited:

SheriffAmigo

Case Bender
Jan 31, 2019

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Fabio, what are you running as a psu? I skimmed back a few pages and couldn't find the the answer... I can't tell it it's G-unique or HDPlex. Using your above-pictured build as a reference, do you know if the HDPlex AC-DC adapter would fit anywhere in your case? Either above or below the gpu, or, somehow heinously mounted in front of the mobo?

Specs are listed here https://www.hdplex.com/hdplex-internal-400w-ac-dc-adapter-with-active-pfc-and-19vdc-output.html
Looks to be a G-uniq kit.

SkyhookJr

Caliper Novice
Jan 14, 2019
How in the world do v3 owners get the power cable to work with a corsair powersupply? The plug is in the wrong orientation - and i can’t approach from the other direction because the plug won’t fit through the gap. Any suggestions?