Completed Custom SFF/mITX Aluminum Case

AIGaneshan

Cable Smoosher
Oct 8, 2017
Can't wait to get this case and see your hard work in person. I'll have to break out my old 980 for my build log to test how effective the full coverage venting is. I would imagine it to be much better than most of the other heat trapping cases on the market. What color combinations did you guys go with? I chose all black to keep it clean and stealthy.
I went with black frame and white panels and feet. I think the contrast will look good with my white and black (and RGB) setup.

Reactions: Biowarejak

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
Update: A few pictures from the ordered cases thus far:

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
I shipped out 6 cases today with one scheduled for tomorrow and at least 3 more in the coming days. Seems the black cases are a bit more popular - I've sold half what I made already. There are some interesting color combinations being requested so I'll be sure to post them here after I get them painted.

I'm also thinking I might order extra side panels and stands so I can offer those for purchase if you desire a different color. I'll have to wait and see what the demand is because that will drive the cost of manufacturing.

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
Two more cases shipped out today with three more to be packed tonight and one to be painted. I might have to slow down my pace in a day or two as my wife's grandfather is soon to pass away and I'll need to watch our son while she travels to the funeral. If you order and I'm aware of this situation I'll do my best to give you a heads-up.

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
it was stated that you would sell on Etsy, please contact me with the Etsy weblink, so that i can buy cases from you.

You are absolutely correct and assuming I don't sell out from users here and on [H]ardForum, I'll stand up the Etsy storefront as soon as the orders coming in slow down. My justification for this is twofold: 1. I want to reward users following me on the forums first and foremost with the "bonus" items I have to promote sales. 2. I like the fact that I don't have to pay the fees for listing on Etsy and it saves the end users money as well.

If you'd like to order from me now - start a conversation with me here or on [H]ardForum. If you'd prefer make the purchase on Etsy for a different reason, send me a message with that reason and I might prioritize standing up the storefront so I can get your purchase made.

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
Update: Just finished packing 4 more cases. I've got one to paint tomorrow and I'll be caught up. All the Samsung 950 pro drives are gone. I still have some other things but running out of bonus items is great because that means I'm moving cases.

This last one was an attempt by me to mask out a logo with the powder but I will not be offering this moving forward - it's way too hard and it would be better have it one color and then apply a decal - then you can change it.

There are only 7 black cases left. I still have 15 silver cases.

Ants

Efficiency Noob
Nov 8, 2017
Made an account to say I can't wait to receive mine, and that blue seems quite popular. :p Not sure if anyone has asked but how do you think it would look with a plastic or glass cover? With some hard cable management I think it would look awesome.

I'm thinking about making a plexiglass cover to alternate between the blue and see through.

EDIT

I'm dumb I just realized that the coloured panels are not the panels covering the fans but its covering the back, ignore me lol

Last edited:

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
Made an account to say I can't wait to receive mine, and that blue seems quite popular. :p Not sure if anyone has asked but how do you think it would look with a plastic or glass cover? With some hard cable management I think it would look awesome.

I'm thinking about making a plexiglass cover to alternate between the blue and see through.

EDIT

I'm dumb I just realized that the coloured panels are not the panels covering the fans but its covering the back, ignore me lol

I thought about making a glass/plexi panel but the cost was to prohibitive and even if I could I'd have to cut out the vents which would be hardware specific. That said, I am debating making a custom tempered glass panel for my own case once I can get time to build one for myself. I'll have to take fan placement measurements and then order a custom cut pane of glass, but I'm interested in trying it.

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
I currently am caught up on making and shipping cases. I only have 6 black cases left. Because the black cases are going so fast, I wanted to share two pictures of a case I will be donating as part of a give-away. The promotion will include a Vega 64 LE brand new, unopened (pictured card is my personal card).

I would keep my eyes open on AdoredTV's YouTube page. I cannot influence when he'll hold the contest, but I will be informing him tonight that I've got everything ready on my end.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I currently am caught up on making and shipping cases. I only have 6 black cases left. Because the black cases are going so fast, I wanted to share two pictures of a case I will be donating as part of a give-away. The promotion will include a Vega 64 LE brand new, unopened (pictured card is my personal card).

I would keep my eyes open on AdoredTV's YouTube page. I cannot influence when he'll hold the contest, but I will be informing him tonight that I've got everything ready on my end.
Wonderful!

Ambushes

Trash Compacter
Aug 26, 2017
Just received mine in the mail in Canada! Somehow didn't get dinged customs (I swear grsychckn, I hope you didn't pre-pay custom fees because that's totally unnecessary.)

Some terrible pics:

Won't be building in it for a bit, still deciding whether to go 8700k or R7 1700 (have both on me though). If I go 1700 it'll be a bit longer of a wait for the C7 AM4 brackets.

Build quality--awesome. Aluminum doesn't feel *quite* as good as the Ncase M1 but it is leaps and bounds over the junk you get from mainstream cases.

Grsychckn has really went overboard on the extras he includes. It's ridiculous how much value you're getting out of your purchase, and I would argue that he's cutting into his profit margins too much. You get:

- Case
- RGB strips
- GPU riser cable
- Screwdriver kit

All for $225? Bonkers. In my case I even got some custom length cables. I think the case is worth $225 alone, so the fact you get everything else for free is incredible.

Really glad I started following this case. Fell in love the moment I saw your video. Thanks again!

Last edited: