Completed Custom SFF/mITX Aluminum Case

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
its a nice touch to have usb-c in the front panel.
With regards to the base, is it sturdy enough to not tip over?

Thanks! I can't say it won't tip over but I will say it is very sturdy. Once all the hardware is installed it actually helps because it takes more force to push it to the side.

juvenchan

Caliper Novice
Oct 14, 2017
Got it!
From your photos, i cannot tell whether the legs of the base are wrapped with rubber, i think it can be another nice touch to prevent from sliding around on a glass surface. :)
Thanks! I can't say it won't tip over but I will say it is very sturdy. Once all the hardware is installed it actually helps because it takes more force to push it to the side.

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
Got it!
From your photos, i cannot tell whether the legs of the base are wrapped with rubber, i think it can be another nice touch to prevent from sliding around on a glass surface. :)
They are not currently. I've tried various options but I think in the end I'll ship the cases with a rubberized clear tape that you can cut and apply yourself if you want to protect underneath. I certainly won't install before shipping because not everyone will want them. The tape I have is good stuff but I also don't want to deal with damage claims on glass so at least I'm providing something to use until you have an alternative you'd prefer use.

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
What color will the side panels come as when ordered? Will you custom paint them for each order?

I will custom paint the side panel and stand as ordered. I've got what I consider to be a good selection of colors, most of which I still need to spray a color swatch for so I can take a good picture to show selection. So long as the requested color is something I already have, there is no extra charge for the powder coating of the side panel and stand.

Reactions: Biowarejak

juvenchan

Caliper Novice
Oct 14, 2017
NIce video!
seems like everything that you design is very universal (what i meant is u can tilt this way or the other way around..) ;)
Do you happen to have a picture of your case with something, lets say a can of coke, to show how big the case is? :cool:

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
NIce video!
seems like everything that you design is very universal (what i meant is u can tilt this way or the other way around..) ;)
Do you happen to have a picture of your case with something, lets say a can of coke, to show how big the case is? :cool:

Ha - I meant to take a picture with a banana. :)
I am going to get some professional pictures taken as soon as I find a photographer near me for a reasonable price, then I'll include some relative objects for size. Trying to get that done by the end of the week.

Reactions: AIGaneshan

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
The only problem I can see with this case is mounting your hard drives directly behind a 80C video card, everything I have seen recommends keeping hard drives below 50C. Other than that nice instructional video.

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
NIce video!

I just got back from the professional photographer and he included a picture with a beverage next to the case so you can glean the size. He told me I'd have the post-processed images Sunday.

Reactions: juvenchan

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
The only problem I can see with this case is mounting your hard drives directly behind a 80C video card, everything I have seen recommends keeping hard drives below 50C. Other than that nice instructional video.

Understandable criticism on the drives. I might do some testing but the YouTuber I gave the case to for review will probably also do some testing on this. I'll be sure to ask him if he would have the time to check into it. Thank you for the kind words.

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
Could you post your recommended length for custom cables?

This would be my recommended order from ModDIY if I was going to order again. Please do your own measuring before you order though as I don't want to be responsible when your motherboard or video card connectors are in a different location. You can send them an e-mail with the following and they will respond quickly with a quote. I paid around $110 before shipping for these. These measurements are based on a Biostar X370 GTN and a RX Vega LE.

For Corsair SF600 PSU
Specifiy Color
one piece of 20+4 pin ATX modular cable, 20cm
one piece of 4+4 pin CPU/EPS modular cable, 37cm
two piece of 6+2 pin PCI-e modular cables, 14cm
one piece TM-6P-4xSATA (lengths: 22cm, 13cm, 11cm, 16cm w/ 4-pin fan female pigtail 5cm)

AIGaneshan

Cable Smoosher
Oct 8, 2017
any news? can we still expect it at the beginning of November? Sorry if I am pestering but my case button is broken(and not replaceable) so I am hoping to upgrade as soon as possible. Keep up the good work!

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
Any news on ETA for ordering one?

I'm hoping by the end of the week the Etsy page will be up. If not, it should be next week. I'm currently waiting on buttons and USB adapters before I can declare all units ready to sell. In going to post some more pictures tomorrow from the photo shoot.

Reactions: AIGaneshan

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
any news? can we still expect it at the beginning of November? Sorry if I am pestering but my case button is broken(and not replaceable) so I am hoping to upgrade as soon as possible. Keep up the good work!
See above. I'm close, but really want to make a good impression rather than sell a few quickly and get bad feedback.

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
Got photos from photographer. Enjoy.