C4B12

Scratchbuilder
Jan 11, 2016
137
252
Sweden
www.minimalisticpc.com
This turned out amazingly well ! I can't wait when it's finished !

Thank you Phuncz!

I have been very busy with other projects and work so this project have been put aside for a while, but now I have started working on it again, I got some mobile photos of a small part I have been working on to be able to install a SSD in a nice way but still dont take up much space.

WjRy8r.jpg
9gsC0P.jpg

Nv18uq.jpg
85nhGa.jpg


It will be painted black to blend in more, what do you think? I guess some will think it will be stopping the airflow, but I have tried and it did not make any difference in temperatures. :)

Best regards,
Johan Nyman
 

C4B12

Scratchbuilder
Jan 11, 2016
137
252
Sweden
www.minimalisticpc.com
This turned out amazingly well ! I can't wait when it's finished !

Me too, been very busy over the summer with work, vacation and family. However, I started getting back to this build the last few weeks. I am going to Dreamhack Winter here in Sweden with work and as they started having a modding contest every year I thought I would try my luck there with this build in their "open class".

So last time I posted here I was working on a custom SSD-holder, that one is now finished!

sktHIe.jpg


It got some black paint!

W9ul0j.jpg


As Corsair sponsored this project back then and it will be shown at Dreamhack, I wanted to do something to the blank black SSD. Lets get the Dremel out!

b0sg4h.jpg


sLXYyv.jpg


Finished!

QIkIya.jpg


The ring around the H75 also got some white paint instead of the original grey/silver.

ALTkKg.jpg


As I only have two fan-ports on my motherboard I had to solder together the two 120mm fans in the bottom.

YarKwI.jpg


TiKh1L.jpg


I really love doing scratchbuild, it is very satisfying for me to be able to build a case exactly after the hardware, making the cables exactly as long as they need to be.

Tt2BHT.jpg


This is something I want to hide.

viosGo.jpg


So lets get a dustfilter and a old MNPCTech fangrill!

IqfMpc.jpg


Should work fine. You might think that this fangrill builds up and will make so no air gets to the fans, but the casefeet have been remade to be a bit higher, I tested it and it works fine.

rI7NR3.jpg


Eijndc.jpg


I wanted to start tidying things up and make all the small details as I want them to be. Something that stood out was the green PCB on this LCD, so I got a can of black Plastidip and covered it! The LCD is tested and everything works as it should after the paintjob.

Supmpj.jpg


It also got a black sleeved cable.

LlBbvw.jpg


Power-switch also got some black sleeving.

a1V8cy.jpg


As did the power-cable for the Streacom Nano-PSU.

FJBDnK.jpg


I made a custom-cable that goes PSU - SATA - 4pin CPU. I sleeved it with white and "aqua" colors.

WKhbfR.jpg


eRcHtb.jpg


lSiAs6.jpg


I used P-clips to tie down the cables so everything looks good.

So right now Im working on painting the front and backplate. When those are done I will mount the LCD to the frontplate, the front and backplate to the case. After that it is just some installing of Windows and software left!

After Dreamhack I will change out the Corsair H75 to a custom liquid loop as well.

I hope you like the progress, even if it takes time. :)

Best regards,
Johan Nyman
 

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
6,125
5,032
Belgium
Awesome build ! Great Success and Many Winnings for the Dreamhack competition ! A small case for LAN, a giant leap for SFF-kind. I'll stop with the cheesiness. For now.
 

C4B12

Scratchbuilder
Jan 11, 2016
137
252
Sweden
www.minimalisticpc.com
Hello again!

First of all, Dreamhack Winter 2016 is over, yay! I was able to finish the AIO-edition of this build in time! Dreamhack was really fun but also exhausting. I got some time over from my job to run of to the modding contest that was held there, they had two classes, enthusiasts and sponsored, I was placed in the enthusiast class and in the end got the 2nd place with this build winning around 800USD which is awesome! :)

oboEPo.jpg


As I had lots of work before Dreamhack I was not able to update the buildlogs on the forums, so I have to do it now retroactively. So lets get to that now!

cKfw7d.jpg


jmWB91.jpg


The H75 coolers pump-cable needed to be shorter, so I cut that off and sleeved it black!

f04rv5.jpg


The fangrill/dustfilter needed to be mounted somehow, the way I did it was to press it under the front casefeet and then screw it down on the otherside, into the fan frame.

cirgOI.jpg


Mounted and done!

mX6wtu.jpg


xWvHCY.jpg


Casefeet is made by Fannblade and are mounted with screws, added some small rubberpads as well.

W0JNnF.jpg


swhdIX.jpg


BmQecm.jpg


The front and backplate are now painted white, finally! :D

sHjll3.jpg


The 4x20 LCD was mounted with epoxy glue.

0OGJF7.jpg


Same with the front and backplate, glued together with the help of straps and clamps.

NVZT3T.jpg


9fGOb7.jpg


Front and backplates are now mounted! Next thing to do is to mount all the hardware and configure everything.

G5Z33g.jpg


I also needed to polish all the acrylic, for that I am using Novus which in my opinion is the best for acrylic polishing.

In the next update I will show how the hardware was installed as well as some photos of the finished build at Dreamhack Winter 2016!

Best regards,
Johan Nyman
 

C4B12

Scratchbuilder
Jan 11, 2016
137
252
Sweden
www.minimalisticpc.com
Hello SFF-people!

Been a long time since an update again, work and family is taking a lot of time but now I am here for another update! Time to install the hardware, eh?

MI6n3G.jpg


When I build smaller PCs with little of space in, the hardware has to be installed in a specific order, this time I started with the motherboard and routed some cables under it to hide them as well.

PRFgsc.jpg


After that I mounted the SSD-holder to the radiator.

0Fbrno.jpg


And then the radiator was installed in the case and the cables were installed and held down with some P-clips.

T7xcLa.jpg


The pump/block was installed to the CPU.

eWg42Y.jpg


xEk0kG.jpg


And that was about it for the hardware, I tried to route the cables as nice as possible while trying to keep it natural.

z4oW2b.jpg


The last thing to do was to configure the LCD with the software LCDSmartie.

Dxy8ir.jpg


O4eL1D.jpg


LIRv6E.jpg


gjuU00.jpg


VKffAz.jpg


Here are some photos of the end result from Dreamhack, I managed to get the 2nd place in the unsponsored class which I am very happy about.

This build is now back in the workshop and is being disassembled, why? Because now the superfun begins, I will be installing a completely custom loop with some interesting custom-parts. The next update will be a while though as it is a lot to do at work now, but I am very eager to finally finishing this project as I wanted it from the beginning.

I hope you will continue to follow this project and please leave a comment with feedback.

Best regards,
Johan Nyman