Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Very happy with my red Cerberus X with the handle kit !

Top quality red powdercoat, good quality build, excellent to build in, a good experience allround ! Some minor niggles I'm taking up with Kimera to resolve but no dealbreakers.

Some photos from my build:

No tinkering with color saturation, this is how my camera picks it up. That certainly is red !

The basic components installed

Scythe Kabuto II installed

I've routed the GPU power cable behind the CPU heatsink so no wires in front of devices

The 24-pin cable behind the PSU and the 8-pin EPS above the motherboard

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Love seeing the builds coming in!

My Cerberus X arrived today and upon unboxing and initial inspection is flawless. All of the panels come together perfectly with no gaps or warping. I have clean edges all around so none of the “burs” from the cutting process anywhere. Accessories orders all present. Can’t wait to get my pc moved from its open air home brewed stand to its long awaited home. I’ll post some sweet iPhone pics once I get into it. Family stuff all day.

Some progress. Lighting is terrible!

Edit: All set up (for now!)

Last edited:

Chann3l

Average Stuffer
Dec 15, 2017
Got my Cerberus. Was packed very securely. Build quality is great, not a single scratch. Top panel removed easily but is secure. I'm just having some trouble removing the side panels. Even if I pull from the back the top pins come out about as easy as the top panel did but the bottom pins won't budge. I don't want to pull to hard and damage anything.

Reactions: Biowarejak

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Got my Cerberus. Was packed very securely. Build quality is great, not a single scratch. Top panel removed easily but is secure. I'm just having some trouble removing the side panels. Even if I pull from the back the top pins come out about as easy as the top panel did but the bottom pins won't budge. I don't want to pull to hard and damage anything.

It's okay to pull hard, just don't leverage the panel to pry at an angle. Cycle the bottom row of studs on/off ~5 times and they get much easier.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Very happy with my red Cerberus X with the handle kit !

Top quality red powdercoat, good quality build, excellent to build in, a good experience allround ! Some minor niggles I'm taking up with Kimera to resolve but no dealbreakers.

Some photos from my build:

No tinkering with color saturation, this is how my camera picks it up. That certainly is red !

The basic components installed

Scythe Kabuto II installed

I've routed the GPU power cable behind the CPU heatsink so no wires in front of devices

The 24-pin cable behind the PSU and the 8-pin EPS above the motherboard
How kabuto ii is performing?

Chann3l

Average Stuffer
Dec 15, 2017
It's okay to pull hard, just don't leverage the panel to pry at an angle. Cycle the bottom row of studs on/off ~5 times and they get much easier.

Got it! Build is coming along nicely. I'll toss a quick cell phone pic in here but I'm going to do a proper build log this afternoon. I'm still waiting on ram to arrive. Thanks for all your hard work. Really is the nicest case I've ever seen.

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
Looks like I might be postponed ordering junk again.. intake manifold on the car broke 2 days ago. I managed to jbweld the Barb that broke off but that's just a bandaid as I know it won't hold permanently T.T this car is literally starting to piss me off.

Chann3l

Average Stuffer
Dec 15, 2017
Pictures fixed. Have to wait to install PSU and my 1080ti until I get the ram. Going to install fans this afternoon but will post in a separate build log so I don't clog this thread with pics haha.

Chann3l

Average Stuffer
Dec 15, 2017

PSU bracket mounts quite easily and the hole for front panel connectors is a nice touch

PSU mounting is just temporary as I need to install ram, put another SSD behind it and connect the fan.

Went overboard on the 140mm noctuas.

The rest of the progress will be in my build log which I will start later tonight. Going to be making custom PSU cables for better looks and management but that will be a couple weeks.

Once it's up and running I will have to test a couple different CPU fan configurations. Right now it is pulling air through the heatsink and out the case with the PSU pulling air from outside. I may switch that around so the psu acts as an additional exhaust if I need to switch the CPU fan around.

Edit:

One more with GPU test fit

Last edited:

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Actually those are just the old images that I added using the add image function. I just need to remove haha. Hey, black and red is power and black and white is for led correct?

The opposite. Red/black is power led and white/black is power button. Just did a post test on mine and fires right up.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016

PSU bracket mounts quite easily and the hole for front panel connectors is a nice touch

PSU mounting is just temporary as I need to install ram, put another SSD behind it and connect the fan.

Went overboard on the 140mm noctuas.

The rest of the progress will be in my build log which I will start later tonight. Going to be making custom PSU cables for better looks and management but that will be a couple weeks.

Once it's up and running I will have to test a couple different CPU fan configurations. Right now it is pulling air through the heatsink and out the case with the PSU pulling air from outside. I may switch that around so the psu acts as an additional exhaust if I need to switch the CPU fan around.

Edit:

One more with GPU test fit

That’s air conditioning...:)
What about dust filters?..:)