Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Thanks!

It's super quiet (w/ modified fan speed profile in bios) at idle and load. I cannot stand noise, which is why I usually do 100% H2O loops.

The CPU idles at 32c and hits max temp of 56c when gaming, 64c under stress.
GPU floats between 69/70c at max usage.
Thanks for your feedback..:)

As usual on gpu, it depends on your power consumption, but ftw3 is good at cooling..:)

Also in fact, your gtx 1080ti ftw3 can breath easily but all hot air is going on the top part of you case, no issue on psu (i know you took the must in reliability and efficiency with seasonic prime), vrm?

Again really nice setup!

Reactions: Biowarejak

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
Last edited:

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
would it be possible to order the handle kit separately? I kind of regret not buying it and would a 280 mm slim rad and 240 rad up front fit?

You can email ksliger@sliger.com directly and he may provide you with ordering options on the handle. I know the Corsair H100i V2 (240mm) fits on the front. Rather snugly.

Last edited:

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Congrats! I’m still 1-3 weeks out depending on how long my patience holds out. Too much month at the end of my money every December!

Send pics for us 3rd wave buyers to tide us over will ya? XD

Reactions: KSliger

dreix

Trash Compacter
Sep 11, 2016
Hello!

I just got my Cerberus, so here are few observations and feelings:

1. Really love quality and especially finish of my Cerberus - sturdy, nice in hand and no damage after shipping.
  2. Never order anything from USA to Czech Republic - dealing with customs (and paying them fees, about $100) took me 5 days o_O
  3. Where is front audio?:eek: Did I miss something? No big deal though.
  4. So, so, SO many screws...!
  5. Front IO cables are long you can almost wrap Cerberus around...twice :p Why so long?
  6. My panels comes out easy, but they tend to bend a little if I force it.
  7. Fun fact - did you know, you can mount 3,5 cage with two drives to the front as well and still manage to fit 120mm fan under it?:eek::thumb:
  8. Packaging was alright - no damage after traveling around the globe what so ever (only box was little beaten)
  9. I still have not found the correct screws to screw my SSDs on the frame... All seems to be few millimeters longer that necessary. Any advice?
  10. Loving the rubber feet - it sits on my desk like glued!

Someone messed up my package and I received quite different Cerberus:

• Handle is missing ( :mad::( )
  • Ordered White, got Grey (no big deal though - that color is AMAZING and I am loving it even more than white)
  • Internal SFX bracket (+rear plate with cable) is missing also. Luckily they were included rear SFX and ATX, so I still got options. My CPU cooler is 5mm close to SFX-L mounted on rear so.... to hell with that, ordered 240 AIO few hours ago and plan to mount it on front or on bottom (depends on the tubes and how stress would be in front). Little worried about exhausting the hot air - there is no way at this moment (rear has PSU, handle mount did not come and forcing hot air through front seems weird). If you have only positive air pressure is it alright in case this small? Can someone validate? Got 4670k stock (I know...) and 1050Ti.
  • Hole near PCI slots is not covered (but got mine on the way already from Kahlin)
So over all, I am happy, despite flaws mentioned above XD:thumb:

(case is empty at this moment - waiting for HW that comes tomorrow) 27 inch monitor and Vault Boy for scale :p:thumb:

PS: My wife was like "It is so tiny and it is almost cute!"....hehe, she would not say that knowing how much I spent on this little cuteness XD

Last edited:

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Hello!

I just got my Cerberus, so here are few observations and feelings:

1. Really love quality and especially finish of my Cerberus - sturdy, nice in hand and no damage after shipping.
  2. Never order anything from USA to Czech Republic - dealing with customs (and paying them fees, about $100) took me 5 days o_O
  3. Where is front audio?:eek: Did I miss something? No big deal though.
  4. So, so, SO many screws...!
  5. Front IO cables are long you can almost wrap Cerberus around...twice :p Why so long?
  6. My panels comes out easy, but they tend to bend a little if I force it.
  7. Fun fact - did you know, you can mount 3,5 cage with two drives to the front as well and still manage to fit 120mm fan under it?:eek::thumb:
  8. Packaging was alright - no damage after traveling around the globe what so ever (only box was little beaten)
  9. I still have not found the correct screws to screw my SSDs on the frame... All seems to be few millimeters longer that necessary. Any advice?
  10. Loving the rubber feet - it sits on my desk like glued!

Someone messed up my package and I received quite different Cerberus:

• Handle is missing ( :mad::( )
  • Ordered White, got Grey (no big deal though - that color is AMAZING and I am loving it even more than white)
  • Internal SFX bracket (+rear plate with cable) is missing also. Luckily they were included rear SFX and ATX, so I still got options. My CPU cooler is 5mm close to SFX-L mounted on rear so.... to hell with that, ordered 240 AIO few hours ago and plan to mount it on front or on bottom (depends on the tubes and how stress would be in front). Little worried about exhausting the hot air - there is no way at this moment (rear has PSU, handle mount did not come and forcing hot air through front seems weird). If you have only positive air pressure is it alright in case this small? Can someone validate? Got 4670k stock (I know...) and 1050Ti.
  • Hole near PCI slots is not covered (but got mine on the way already from Kahlin)
So over all, I am happy, despite flaws mentioned above XD:thumb:

(case is empty at this moment - waiting for HW that comes tomorrow) 27 inch monitor and Vault Boy for scale :p:thumb:

PS: My wife was like "It is so tiny and it is almost cute!"....hehe, she would not say that knowing how much I spent on this little cuteness XD

Ahah welcome on club of cerberus owner who ordered one color and obtain another at arrival...hopefully final color theme is better than original..:) Thus i guess that someone who ordered gray will get beige lol
Please pm @PlayfulPhoenix and @KSliger to get your missing parts..lol

For panel that are not holding strongly, check if ball studs are fully screwed. If not enough try apply some tape on ball. I tried this on my front panel and it solved completely this issue.

dreix

Trash Compacter
Sep 11, 2016
Ahah welcome on club of cerberus owner who ordered one color and obtain another at arrival...hopefully final color theme is better than original..:) Thus i guess that someone who ordered gray will get beige lol
Please pm @PlayfulPhoenix and @KSliger to get your missing parts..lol

For panel that are not holding strongly, check if ball studs are fully screwed. If not enough try apply some tape on ball. I tried this on my front panel and it solved completely this issue.

No no, panels holds just fine - they are just easy to take off (I kinda expected to use the force like Dmitri in his video) :) Or maybe I am strong...who knows :) Front holds like hell, the rest is easy to take off but stay where I put them :)

Yeah I sent an e-mail to Kahlin Sliger, handle and SFX internal kit would be be cool to receive, even with delay.

Reactions: Biowarejak

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
No no, panels holds just fine - they are just easy to take off (I kinda expected to use the force like Dmitri in his video) :) Or maybe I am strong...who knows :) Front holds like hell, the rest is easy to take off but stay where I put them :)

Yeah I sent an e-mail to Kahlin Sliger, handle and SFX internal kit would be be cool to receive, even with delay.

Got it this morning and we sorted out who got your case, you're both getting the corrected parts as we speak.

would it be possible to order the handle kit separately? I kind of regret not buying it and would a 280 mm slim rad and 240 rad up front fit?

Per our email, getting this sorted.

For anyone else wondering the individual part page should be up at end of week with a few surprises =]

dreix

Trash Compacter
Sep 11, 2016
Got it this morning and we sorted out who got your case, you're both getting the corrected parts as we speak.

Perfect, thank you!

SFX internal kit (with rear panel and cable extension) + handle (with that mounting plate that holds it) would be enough, I love this Cerberus color I received :)

Reactions: VegetableStu

nemotron

Chassis Packer
Oct 29, 2017

Well there's my baby for now. Side note, I was having issues getting my computer to turn on earlier in the thread. The LED and power wires from the switch were connected properly. The bequiet SFX-L PSU was DOA so I'm using the ATX PSU from my old build. Since I didn't order an ATX mount, the cables are going into whatever holes I could find.
A Corsair SF600 is on the way. Down sized to SFX psu. Mounted the SFX-L psu for sizing and realized cable management would be tight.

My feedback below (Some of it is repeats from other people):
1. The top panel bows up in the middle. Holds pretty well at either end.
2. Some sort of 2x 120mm fan mount in the top w/o the handle kit would be nice. I wanted to use the side as intake and top as exhaust.
3. Top half of the side panel is easy to pop off but the bottom row of pins is kinda hard.
4. Front panel USB wasn't exactly centered, but I was still able to plug cables after unscrewing and rescrewing so it's not that big of a deal.
5. Front I/O would've been nice, but the case is so small that while it's inconvenient to run cables to the back, it's bearable.
6. A lot of trial and error to figure out which screws go where, but that can be worked with. I'm assuming the fat screws are for fans, but it creates its own tract instead of fitting into the infinite vents. I have these screws from an old build that has a smooth shaft for the part that goes through the fan and threads on the other side to fit into whatever hole. Not a universal solution since it'd only work w/ 25mm thick fans.
7. Labeling screw bags and power/led wires would've made things nicer.

A lot of quality of life issues, but noting that can't be worked with for the average person willing to drop ~250 on just the pc case.

EDIT: Oh and one more thing. Buying the accessories separately would be great since I found out I'll most likely need one for the 3.5" hdd. Also, great job with the infinite vents thing. Was playing around with my ssd and found out I could mount it to the back 92mm fan slot.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015

Well there's my baby for now. Side note, I was having issues getting my computer to turn on earlier in the thread. The LED and power wires from the switch were connected properly. The bequiet SFX-L PSU was DOA so I'm using the ATX PSU from my old build. Since I didn't order an ATX mount, the cables are going into whatever holes I could find.
A Corsair SF600 is on the way. Down sized to SFX psu. Mounted the SFX-L psu for sizing and realized cable management would be tight.

My feedback below (Some of it is repeats from other people):
1. The top panel bows up in the middle. Holds pretty well at either end.
2. Some sort of 2x 120mm fan mount in the top w/o the handle kit would be nice. I wanted to use the side as intake and top as exhaust.
3. Top half of the side panel is easy to pop off but the bottom row of pins is kinda hard.
4. Front panel USB wasn't exactly centered, but I was still able to plug cables after unscrewing and rescrewing so it's not that big of a deal.
5. Front I/O would've been nice, but the case is so small that while it's inconvenient to run cables to the back, it's bearable.
6. A lot of trial and error to figure out which screws go where, but that can be worked with. I'm assuming the fat screws are for fans, but it creates its own tract instead of fitting into the infinite vents. I have these screws from an old build that has a smooth shaft for the part that goes through the fan and threads on the other side to fit into whatever hole. Not a universal solution since it'd only work w/ 25mm thick fans.
7. Labeling screw bags and power/led wires would've made things nicer.

A lot of quality of life issues, but noting that can't be worked with for the average person willing to drop ~250 on just the pc case.

EDIT: Oh and one more thing. Buying the accessories separately would be great since I found out I'll most likely need one for the 3.5" hdd. Also, great job with the infinite vents thing. Was playing around with my ssd and found out I could mount it to the back 92mm fan slot.

1. This one is unfortunate but is inherent to any perforated thick aluminum panel, material displacement on punch exit side will cause the panel to turn concave viewed from the exterior. We hit them with a flattening die, but you may need to take the panel off and lightly press the distorted section out. You may notice a small gap on the vented side panel top edge as well, result of the same issue, but can be hand pressed back to shape very easily.

2. / 8. This is coming =] Will let everyone know when page is live, you can always PM or email me and I'll take care of small add-on part orders.

3. Cycle the bottom pins on/off ~5 times and leverage the incidence from the rear of chassis, powder coat makes them a bit more stiff and they should loosen up drastically with a few cycles. First time is very firm.

4. We'll check for this on orders, thank you for mentioning it.

5. Without going to a custom PCB the only available front audio IO was outrageously expensive, had it on prototype Cerberus but deemed it not worth the additional $30 for a compact case.

6. / 7. Working on a guide, will get that online soon.

We also should be shipping all remaining red and grey orders tomorrow along with everyone that ordered over weekend. Apologies to all that ordered the Grey or Red - got about 50% of them out, balance was waiting on powder coat team to get over flu.

nemotron

Chassis Packer
Oct 29, 2017
1. This one is unfortunate but is inherent to any perforated thick aluminum panel, material displacement on punch exit side will cause the panel to turn concave viewed from the exterior. We hit them with a flattening die, but you may need to take the panel off and lightly press the distorted section out. You may notice a small gap on the vented side panel top edge as well, result of the same issue, but can be hand pressed back to shape very easily.

2. / 8. This is coming =] Will let everyone know when page is live, you can always PM or email me and I'll take care of small add-on part orders.

3. Cycle the bottom pins on/off ~5 times and leverage the incidence from the rear of chassis, powder coat makes them a bit more stiff and they should loosen up drastically with a few cycles. First time is very firm.

4. We'll check for this on orders, thank you for mentioning it.

5. Without going to a custom PCB the only available front audio IO was outrageously expensive, had it on prototype Cerberus but deemed it not worth the additional $30 for a compact case.

6. / 7. Working on a guide, will get that online soon.

We also should be shipping all remaining red and grey orders tomorrow along with everyone that ordered over weekend. Apologies to all that ordered the Grey or Red - got about 50% of them out, balance was waiting on powder coat team to get over flu.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'll try those fixes.

5. Makes sense. I figure there's an after market solution that I can just tape to the side of the case. Worst case I just run extension cables from the back.

8. I believe I'm missing the plate that covers the area next to the pci slots. I'll check again once I redo things w/ the new psu. Are those orders shipped out?

9. Is anyone else running a matx mobo in the cerberus having issues getting the mobo's i/o panel to be flush with the shield? I'm able to access everything I need to, but some of my ports just seem recessed slightly.

10. Just want to confirm if there's future plans for a ventilated front panel.

11. Since I intend on keeping this case for a very very long time, I'm decorating it. I found Kimera's brand gallery, but do you have one Sliger?

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Thanks for the prompt reply. I'll try those fixes.

5. Makes sense. I figure there's an after market solution that I can just tape to the side of the case. Worst case I just run extension cables from the back.

8. I believe I'm missing the plate that covers the area next to the pci slots. I'll check again once I redo things w/ the new psu. Are those orders shipped out?

9. Is anyone else running a matx mobo in the cerberus having issues getting the mobo's i/o panel to be flush with the shield? I'm able to access everything I need to, but some of my ports just seem recessed slightly.

10. Just want to confirm if there's future plans for a ventilated front panel.

11. Since I intend on keeping this case for a very very long time, I'm decorating it. I found Kimera's brand gallery, but do you have one Sliger?

8. You should get this soon, all cases that had them missing have had a replacement shipped.

9. Please post a picture, I tested ~6 boards and have not see anything issues. Spacing is same as Cerb X - so issue would be common if one. Some motherboard IO shields are just inaccurate, mainly SuperMicro - they make some incredibly bad "one shield for 20 boards" IO shields.

10. Waiting on this one, honestly that's a big visual change, James of Kimera should be the one to draw this when he's back, it's his design. I'm sticking to his vision as best I can for what users want & need, with only light changes to add more component support, brackets, and finish options.

11. Brand gallery?

isabirov

Average Stuffer
Nov 15, 2017

That's why I want all solid panels :)