Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
Wait, is this waitlist for pre-production? As in either the all-black client leftover run or the one-last-run-check-before general-production run?

Is there a list for general production? o_o

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I have a Sea Hawk 1080 X with a 120mm rad/fan. Kinda wanna do sli eventually with this case. Would 2 120mm radiators fit with the closed loop tubing or should I switch to Founders Edition or even the new Zotac 1080 Mini?

It can be done, just depends on the exact setup. Easiest would be a rear SFX PSU, LP air cooler on the CPU, and put both radiators for the GPUs on the front. It'll be a close fit but it should work.

Actually (assuming SFX mATX Cerberus) can one stack radiator-fan-radiator under the SFX PSU? MSI says the cooler part is 52mm, but I'm not sure if that number includes the fan itself...

52mm includes the fan.

Joined the forum just because of this case, what do I need to do to get added to the waitlist?

Is there a list for general production? o_o

I've would also like to know If the waiting list applies to the general production. If so sign me up

Waitlist is only for this preproduction run. Not sure how we're going to do the next preproduction run yet

There won't be a list for general production.

Reactions: VegetableStu

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Will do, but as I've mentioned before, quite a few people on it already so don't get your hopes up too high :)

bafbaf

Efficiency Noob
Feb 26, 2017
Hello

Im very interested in the Cerberus-X but I just realized that an atx-psu wont fit in the front. I would have to mount it in the back which I don't mind since it leaves lots of space in the front which I gladly take. But how much space is left between the motherboard and the psu? What's the tallest ram I could install? (that would really help me to gauge the space)

Also what would be the best way to use an external radiator with an atx-psu installed (not that important since I can always make some holes).

Is there still a way to get the model with the changable backplate?

Thank you! (sorry bad english)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
If you are atx psu in cerberus or cerberus-x, cpu cooler will have a clearance of 48mm.

As far as i know, only pre production version will have both back panels (92mm or atx psu). After, for price reduction mainly, you need to choose from start between the 2 choices.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
What's the tallest ram I could install? (that would really help me to gauge the space)

Like Marc said, 48mm for CPU coolers but should be a bit more for RAM, probably around 52mm? But unless the ATX PSU is really long, the RAM slots should be beyond the end of the power supply on normal motherboards (non-X99 or the like).

Also what would be the best way to use an external radiator with an atx-psu installed (not that important since I can always make some holes).

The rear plate used with a front SFX/SFX-L PSU has holes for tubing. But that space is taken up with an ATX PSU installed, so you'll just have to find a place to make holes or maybe use one of the expansion slots if it's available.

Is there still a way to get the model with the changable backplate?

I can add you to the waiting list for this pre-production run. No ETA yet on the next pre-production run and then general production.

As far as i know, only pre production version will have both back panels (92mm or atx psu).

Regular production will have swappable rear plates as well. The plan for the Kickstarter production run was to not have them, but that decision has since been reversed.

InZ

Case Bender
Feb 27, 2017
This case gives me a strange tingling sensation I have not felt since unboxing my ncase m1. You have one more aspiring customer. I shall make a nice midrange ryzen build in this. I just have one question; will extra sidepanels be available? So I can mod a window to my liking in one and be able to switch between windowed and non-windowed?

Reactions: Phuncz

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
That's part of the plan to have optional panel on sell. Idea is to propose different color, plexiglas version, etc..:)

However, as usual no ETA set for that..:D I'll be also pretty interested in plexiglass side panel to show GPU..:D

InZ

Case Bender
Feb 27, 2017
That's part of the plan to have optional panel on sell. Idea is to propose different color, plexiglas version, etc..:)

However, as usual no ETA set for that..:D I'll be also pretty interested in plexiglass side panel to show GPU..:D

Thank you very much for your reply, sir. I shall now assign 300 euro's to my savings account in order to be ready to throw money at kimera industries when the case is set for production.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
yes that's the plan..:)

I'll make a full review of my Cerberus-x (pre production) when it will completed (I guess by Vega release).

Kwirek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 19, 2016
This case gives me a strange tingling sensation I have not felt since unboxing my ncase m1. You have one more aspiring customer. I shall make a nice midrange ryzen build in this. I just have one question; will extra sidepanels be available? So I can mod a window to my liking in one and be able to switch between windowed and non-windowed?

Last thing I read was that they were undecided regarding extra panels due to difficulty with shipping.

That's the issue, the studs on the panels make them difficult to ship by themselves without them damaging each other. We'll see.

Reactions: VegetableStu

bafbaf

Efficiency Noob
Feb 26, 2017
@ MarcParis and Aibohphobia
Thanks for your answers

Like Marc said, 48mm for CPU coolers but should be a bit more for RAM, probably around 52mm? But unless the ATX PSU is really long, the RAM slots should be beyond the end of the power supply on normal motherboards (non-X99 or the like).
My PSU 180mm long but I have a x99 anyway (full slotted) so the length doesn't matter. The ram is 55mm high so ill just have to remove the heat-spreaders. I hope the tubing's will fit. Does anyone happen to have a picture from the top with an atx-psu and cpu-watercooling (custom loop) installed?

Regular production will have swappable rear plates as well. The plan for the Kickstarter production run was to not have them, but that decision has since been reversed.
So the information in this gallery is wrong? (28/29)
This is great news (at least for me). It makes the purchase less risky since it has more possibilities in case something doesn't fit.

I can add you to the waiting list for this pre-production run. No ETA yet on the next pre-production run and then general production.
What are the differences between the current-, next pre-production and the general production?

Cutie DarkFae

Caliper Novice
May 18, 2016
Lovely images :) Do I want black or red?

Ooh, can I get red panels over a black frame? Or perhaps a RAL7106 frame?

Much luck with getting this into full production :)

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Does anyone happen to have a picture from the top with an atx-psu and cpu-watercooling (custom loop) installed?

So the information in this gallery is wrong?

That gallery is from the Kickstarter, so some of that info is outdated.

What are the differences between the current-, next pre-production and the general production?

Just minor fit and finish details so far. But there may be other changes depending on feedback from the pre-production units.

Ooh, can I get red panels over a black frame? Or perhaps a RAL7106 frame?

Red panels will be an option. Frames will almost certainly just stay black for simplicity.