Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Why are all the panel gaps so huge?

This is will be addressed, panel gap is result of the change to 0.080" aluminum, side panels just need to be cut slightly taller and top panel slightly wider and they will match up flush like the N1 does.

Pat-Roner

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 18, 2016
This is will be addressed, panel gap is result of the change to 0.080" aluminum, side panels just need to be cut slightly taller and top panel slightly wider and they will match up flush like the N1 does.

Glad to hear! The red looks amazing!

Pat-Roner

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 18, 2016
What is the price for this case now since all the changes. + have the shipping fees gotten reduced.
Also roughly when can "normal" people get a hold on one?

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
So would I get on the waitlist? Or will they just go on sale once the power cords get in?

I can put you on the waitlist, but it's pretty long at this point so not much chance of getting in on this batch.

What is the price for this case now since all the changes. + have the shipping fees gotten reduced.
Also roughly when can "normal" people get a hold on one?

Not 100% on pricing yet.

Just waiting on the cables, so that will take at least 2 months.

But we want to do one more short run before general production to verify what is hopefully the last set of minor changes (like the panel gaps) and then we'll have it for regular sale.

Pat-Roner

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 18, 2016
But we want to do one more short run before general production to verify what is hopefully the last set of minor changes (like the panel gaps) and then we'll have it for regular sale.

Will the pre runs be much more expensive than the regular sale?
Also is there a chance to get all solid panels on pre runs?

I have zero rush with getting this case. Exciting times in the CPU/GPU arena, so theres no rush in getting new hardware.

Reactions: VegetableStu

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Exterior panels are aluminum. It's been heavily discussed already, but basically the change was made because it's lighter and has a better perception of quality (though of course we're not saying that aluminum actually is objectively better than steel for SFF cases).

Reactions: MarcParis

16bitEra

Efficiency Noob
Dec 17, 2015
Darn, I must have feel asleep for a few months and missed this being put out. So what do I need to do to be apart of the waiting list?

Lyzie

Minimal Tinkerer
Feb 25, 2017
First off, I have a lot of respect for the amount of responses you've posted.

I have a Sea Hawk 1080 X with a 120mm rad/fan. Kinda wanna do sli eventually with this case. Would 2 120mm radiators fit with the closed loop tubing or should I switch to Founders Edition or even the new Zotac 1080 Mini?

I've seen a lot of mixed opinions about sff and reference cards.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
For the sea hawk 1080 compatibility, i'll'be able to answer you when i will receive my cerberus-x (during march), as i will test my gtx 1070 gaming x.

However please note, msi gaming x 1070/ sea hawk will be a tight fit or impossible due to its width (especially sea hawk for fittings)

I'll let you know

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
Actually (assuming SFX mATX Cerberus) can one stack radiator-fan-radiator under the SFX PSU? MSI says the cooler part is 52mm, but I'm not sure if that number includes the fan itself...

Aim1126

What's an ITX?
Feb 23, 2017
Joined the forum just because of this case, what do I need to do to get added to the waitlist?

Last edited: