Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

Uruk

Trash Compacter
Feb 1, 2019
CM should design the panels to allow more air to pass through, but is a good step in the right direction. Market needs more innovation and less clone cases with RGB and TG panels.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Chrome handles and chrome feet are going down in price!

Chrome handle kit will be dropping from $35 to $25. ($5 less than black handle)

Feet will be dropping to $20 for a set of 4, cut the price in half!

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Is it possible to fit an EK Phoenix 280mm Radiator in the bottom of the Cerberus?

GPU length is stated as 330mm but not sure on the tolerances there, and the Phoenix is 335mm.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Is it possible to fit an EK Phoenix 280mm Radiator in the bottom of the Cerberus?

GPU length is stated as 330mm but not sure on the tolerances there, and the Phoenix is 335mm.
First generation of EK predator was fitting in cerberus, however radiator orientation was not good.

Second generation EK predator is simply too big for Cerberus.

SweetVandal

Caliper Novice
Jul 30, 2018
Leak testing! I'll post something more in-depth hopefully tomorrow, along with some better daylight photos.

Last edited:

SweetVandal

Caliper Novice
Jul 30, 2018
Phew. OK.

After a lot of hand-wringing, I finally decided to move my HDDs out of the Cerberus into an external enclosure and replace them with a second 240mm radiator. The external enclosure project has not gone according to plan, but is functional now (mostly) - it's just super ugly and I can't close up the case... anyway....

Getting that second rad in was a real nightmare and getting everything assembled (and disassembled and assembled and disassembled again) was not great, but I'm happy to have gotten it done. Like with the previous iterations, build order was critical. Pretty much had to go from bottom to top, while pre-running that rear tube.

I pretty much had to tear down almost everything (gave it a light flush as well!) and rebuild since I had to change a number of tube runs. Also, I completely botched my angled adapters order, and given the opportunity, would change almost all of them. Anyway, I was anxious to have everything back together and made it work, but I really would have loved a 90degree adapter coming off the pump to GPU, and a second 2x45 90degree adapter on the top radiator (the one in use I originally bought for that, but I didn't take the fans into account when trying to angle/snake the tube run from bottom res to top res, so I had to move it. Also, my "plans" for a proper drain tube did not go according to plan at all, so I'm pretty much hosed (ha ha) there. Previously, I just drained everything out the top of the res, so I'll just have to continue doing that. it sucks, but it's not the end of the world, I guess.

Also, going in, I was 100% certain I would not be able to get 4 25mm fans in there (based on measurements), but with how the Hardware Labs GTS radiators are shaped, I had just enough room to slide in the front radiator.

I haven't had a chance to get to any benchmarks compared to the single radiator, so I'll have to report back on that. But anyway, here's a couple better photos of the build. I think it's pretty clean, all things considered, if not especially photogenic.

Here's the cable nest, ha. You can get an idea of the tube run behind the fans - it just snakes down to that rear bottom rad connection.

Soules

Caliper Novice
Feb 26, 2018
We have 3 half window / half vented panels available for Cerberus.

One in red, one in black, one in white.

Let us know if you would like to get one! Sorry nothing for Cerberus X.

I'll take the white one if it's still available.

Sent a DM

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Changes coming to Cerberus and Cerberus X, and some other news!

• ALL HARDWARE WILL BE CHANGING TO METRIC
    • Some cases might still be 4-40 up until about end of month, we will include a note with your shipment if so.
    • This should fix all issues people have with wrong screws / crossthreading.
    • User manual will be updated soon to reflect this, as well as other changes.

• Several new options are enabled, or will be enabled shortly
    • An unvented top panel in black is now available on checkout.
    • Custom colors will be enabled shortly, cost is $100 + powder coat cost. Email us for information on this!
    • Custom printing of logos, artwork, and other graphics on the front panel, side panels, and even window panels for a stained glass appearance will be coming shortly as well.
    • We start to do limited batches of colors, first up will be a limited quantity of neon pink.

• Other changes to chassis / order options
    • Carmine red will be discontinued when stock is out. (will be replaced with above custom and limited batch)
    • Chrome Feet and Chrome Handle have been reduced in price.
    • Some cutouts on the chassis frame have been modified for easier access to SSDs, and rear of motherboard for CPU cooler mounting / M.2 slots.

We will have both Cerberus and Cerberus X on display at QuakeCon, along with a coupon code for our site. Come by and visit!

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Changes coming to Cerberus and Cerberus X, and some other news!

• ALL HARDWARE WILL BE CHANGING TO METRIC
    • Some cases might still be 4-40 up until about end of month, we will include a note with your shipment if so.
    • This should fix all issues people have with wrong screws / crossthreading.
    • User manual will be updated soon to reflect this, as well as other changes.
  • Several new options are enabled, or will be enabled shortly
    • An unvented top panel in black is now available on checkout.
    • Custom colors will be enabled shortly, cost is $100 + powder coat cost. Email us for information on this!
    • Custom printing of logos, artwork, and other graphics on the front panel, side panels, and even window panels for a stained glass appearance will be coming shortly as well.
    • We start to do limited batches of colors, first up will be a limited quantity of neon pink.
  • Other changes to chassis / order options
    • Carmine red will be discontinued when stock is out. (will be replaced with above custom and limited batch)
    • Chrome Feet and Chrome Handle have been reduced in price.
    • Some cutouts on the chassis frame have been modified for easier access to SSDs, and rear of motherboard for CPU cooler mounting / M.2 slots.

We will have both Cerberus and Cerberus X on display at QuakeCon, along with a coupon code for our site. Come by and visit!

LOVE the switch to all metric!!!

Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Lots of good news! @KSliger Can you tell me the screw needed for the PSU plate on the back of the CerbX? I want to get longer screws and use spacers to move the PSU back a bit. Thanks in advance and for all of your hard work and contributions to the SFF Fam.