Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

galletabah

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2016
well i just see in the sliger page:
  • Maximum card height: 152mm (bottom of card PCIe tab to top of power connector wires)
But i dont know if i can fit 1080ti aourus(149,27mm) without problems

Last edited:

Ray2r

Caliper Novice
Apr 4, 2018
@KSliger Whatever happened to the side panel that was half vent holes and half window?
Could I also make a custom order for 1x side panel to have vent holes on the whole side panel for the Cerberus X? Current available order only allows for vent holes on half of the side panel.

Measurements shows that it can fit a fan in the unused space between the Side Panel and the GPU. I can use the vent holes themselves as mounting holes. This allows for better GPU cooling.

Last edited:

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
@KSliger Whatever happened to the side panel that was half vent holes and half window?
Could I also make a custom order for 1x side panel to have vent holes on the whole side panel for the Cerberus X? Current available order only allows for vent holes on half of the side panel.

Measurements shows that it can fit a fan in the unused space between the Side Panel and the GPU. I can use the vent holes themselves as mounting holes. This allows for better GPU cooling.
That side panel was discontinued 30 pages back.

Vented Window Panels to be discontinued 6/30/18 for both Cerberus and Cerberus X. (or when stock runs out)
$20 off orders with Vented Windows.

Just check out on website and reply to the order confirmation. We will issue a refund for $50 which gets you a brand new Cerberus for $160~$175 + S&H.

For those concerned about new the future of Cerberus, there are no plans to discontinue Cerberus or Cerberus X.

There however will be new parts and options coming on 7/1 to freshen the line-up including full side window and a double 120mm fan bracket for the top of case.

www.sliger.com/products/cases/cerberus_x/
www.sliger.com/products/cases/cerberus/

As always, PM me for anything questions or help!

Safest bet would be to PM @KSliger to see if there are any still around their facilities.

Last edited:
Reactions: VegetableStu

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
my aourus has waterblock, 149,27mm is with the block on it
if it's from the bottom of the PCIe teeth to the absolute top of the card, it should fit inside I think

is it the AORUS Waterforce GPU? that's default height on the GPU side, but if (on the tiny chance) the inlet block part is interfering you miiiiight be able to change just that part (might want to check though)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
my aourus has waterblock, 149,27mm is with the block on it

if it's from the bottom of the PCIe teeth to the absolute top of the card, it should fit inside I think

is it the AORUS Waterforce GPU? that's default height on the GPU side, but if (on the tiny chance) the inlet block part is interfering you miiiiight be able to change just that part (might want to check though)
Basically if your aorus GTX1080ti is this one :

It should fit inside cerberus with no big deal as it's using reference size.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015

We have the side panels, but none of the window inserts. If anyone knows a machine shop that has a mill with a vacuum table we would be happy to order these front them - unfortunately every shop in our area is booked out for months, and ours is broken.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
@KSliger I know topic was several times discussed and rejected. But is there any mean to have side TG panel?
I must admit I saw a meshify C and I found TG appealing, even without tons of RGB behing it.

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked, but does the Cerberus X support SSI CEB boards? They're 330mm wide. The Cerberus X's internal width is listed as 330.17mm. I'm wondering if it would barely fit.

Edit: I originally referenced Asus' new crazy ROG Dominus Extreme board, but it seems like it's 14"x14", so it's out of the question for the Cerberus X (and any other case currently on the market come to think of it...)

Last edited:

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
does the Cerberus X support SSI CEB boards?
it barely fit the eATX Asus X99-WS o_o that's definitely out of the question (i think)

EDIT: yeah definitely not. VRM row is outside the ATX border on the top.
EDITx2:

okay for "normal" boards, you miiiiiight be able to squeeze a CEB board in if it's shorter in width than 329mm. definitely check ATX motherboard mounting points since the far end is usually different

Also you'd lose the SSD mounting points and maybe even the front PSU mounting point (since it might interfere with any ATX 24-pin under it

Last edited:

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
don't get Gen 1. Gen 2 may have issues with the fans themselves (at least the few on newegg seems to be bringing that up), so unless you'd want to RMA the entire set when it actually happens or if you already have other fans you'd be using...

Iwanit

Chassis Packer
Sep 5, 2018
Anyone know if the Enermax coolers ever got fixed? I’m floatin’ ideas around a Threadripper build.

don't get Gen 1. Gen 2 may have issues with the fans themselves (at least the few on newegg seems to be bringing that up), so unless you'd want to RMA the entire set when it actually happens or if you already have other fans you'd be using...

They've (finally) admitted the design flaws - first round of gen2 batches were also affected, which is why stock has been so dry. Pretty worrying that they didn't fix it BEFORE releasing gen2.

I'm planning on waiting it out a bit longer - to get confirmation that they're not just lying to us again. It's also still almost impossible to source the AIO in Australia where I'm based.

Enermax USA Support said:
We are fully aware of the leaking issue and have stopped selling our 1st gen TR4 cooler as well as the first batch TR4 II.

The revised TR4 II coolers have fixed the problem and are arriving to our warehouse bi-weekly by air shipments since early September.

We have reserved some units just for RMA so if you are still having problems with the 1st gen Liqtech TR4 or the early production of Liqtech TR4 II, we are more than happy to replace it with the newest version.

It can be done by filing an RMA request on our website, https://www.enermaxusa.com/support.php

Feel free to PM or reply to this post for any questions. We are here to help :)

• Enermax USA Support Team

Source

Last edited:

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
it barely fit the eATX Asus X99-WS o_o that's definitely out of the question (i think)

EDIT: yeah definitely not. VRM row is outside the ATX border on the top.
EDITx2:

okay for "normal" boards, you miiiiiight be able to squeeze a CEB board in if it's shorter in width than 329mm. definitely check ATX motherboard mounting points since the far end is usually different

Also you'd lose the SSD mounting points and maybe even the front PSU mounting point (since it might interfere with any ATX 24-pin under it

Right..... seems like it won't fit by 1mm or so.