Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

baokapow

Case Bender
New User
Sep 15, 2018
Hey guys, I was wondering how long does it take to usually ship out a case? I bought a cerberus Friday afternoon and still haven't received a shipping notification email.

CantingSoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 2, 2018
Hey guys, I was wondering how long does it take to usually ship out a case? I bought a cerberus Friday afternoon and still haven't received a shipping notification email.
Mine took about ten days to arrive after receiving the shipping confirmation. Send them an email.

Last edited:

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
@SweetVandal

That is a pretty slick job. I'm amazed at how you got the stock cables to fit so nicely. Very good write up as well :) . Also nice to see the silverstone psu, i regret getting rid of mine.

@KSliger

Any idea on a date for when you guys will get on pcpartpicker? I'm sure there will be more than a few builds being posted on "launch day" if we have notice.

SweetVandal

Caliper Novice
Jul 30, 2018
@SweetVandal

That is a pretty slick job. I'm amazed at how you got the stock cables to fit so nicely. Very good write up as well :) . Also nice to see the silverstone psu, i regret getting rid of mine.

@KSliger

Any idea on a date for when you guys will get on pcpartpicker? I'm sure there will be more than a few builds

@loader963 thanks a lot! The stock cables worked really well since they fold/bend relatively easily and are short runs. I had to move from the 500W model to the 700W on account of the new GPU. Works well and is nice and quiet.

@KSliger to piggy back off this - I created a pcpartpicker log too, but used a custom object. Will certainly update it once there's an official listing.

SweetVandal

Caliper Novice
Jul 30, 2018
Okay, y'all, last image, I swear. Glamor shot with lights on.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015

We've been having lots of problems with people getting their shipment notifications flagged as spam, please check if it got tagged. Currently all orders are shipped except the ones placed today.

Reactions: baokapow

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
On the website we removed the side hinge bracket as an optional part, you will always get one from now on out. It is still available on the part tab for people that need replacements or bought a case without it.
Personnally i find this side hinge vital as it’s making the frame stronger..:)
On top of that, side hinge is vital as it’s the main exhaust point of my sweet cerberus-x...;)

CantingSoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 2, 2018
Anyone know the maximum ram height allowed in between the ATX psu and the motherboard? I’m planning to install a Thermaltake toughpower rgb psu.

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
Anyone know the maximum ram height allowed in between the ATX psu and the motherboard? I’m planning to install a Thermaltake toughpower rgb psu.

The original website I believe had that specification listed but I don’t see it anymore. It looks pretty close though to these Corsair dom plats.

Reactions: Phuncz

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
I can't seem to find information on compatibility with the side mounted 240mm radiator. What are the caveats of having a 240mm radiator on the side bracket? Does it block certain PSU configurations or other components at all? What would be the recommended combined thickness of radiator + fans? I'm thinking I'd potentially like to have a 240mm AIO on the side bracket as exhaust. Or would air cooling the CPU with something like the NH-C14S possibly be preferable? If I were to air cool with the NH-C14S would it be preferable to configure it as exhaust in order to make up for the Cerberus' limited exhaust options?

ywori

Trash Compacter
Jul 6, 2018
Hi everyone, just ordered my case.

Has anyone tried mounting a psu from the top mount bracket instead of the internal sfx plate? IS the top mount bracket sturdy enough for the weight of the SFX psu or SFX L psu?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I can't seem to find information on compatibility with the side mounted 240mm radiator. What are the caveats of having a 240mm radiator on the side bracket? Does it block certain PSU configurations or other components at all? What would be the recommended combined thickness of radiator + fans? I'm thinking I'd potentially like to have a 240mm AIO on the side bracket as exhaust. Or would air cooling the CPU with something like the NH-C14S possibly be preferable? If I were to air cool with the NH-C14S would it be preferable to configure it as exhaust in order to make up for the Cerberus' limited exhaust options?
Well, simply side bracket radiator will block all psu setup...front, rear, sfx, atx...you will have to go to hdplex psu or relocate psu elsewhere...;)
Thus side bracket radiator is doable but not recommended..

Reactions: loader963

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
Well, simply side bracket radiator will block all psu setup...front, rear, sfx, atx...you will have to go to hdplex psu or relocate psu elsewhere...;)
Thus side bracket radiator is doable but not recommended..

Thank you for letting me know. I was curious how that was supposed to work given where the various standard PSU configurations were located. I'd certainly seen Cerberus cases with side mounted radiators, but didn't quite wrap my head around how people made that work lol.

galletabah

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2016
Hi guys,
Can you confirm me, that I can fit my ftw3 with waterblock in this case?
If yes, I need to buy reservoir and fittings to this week
Thanks!

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
Thank you for letting me know. I was curious how that was supposed to work given where the various standard PSU configurations were located. I'd certainly seen Cerberus cases with side mounted radiators, but didn't quite wrap my head around how people made that work lol.
I’m planning on picking up a 500W FlexATX PSU (been looking for a 600W to modify) to test in Cerberus. With a bracket mounted radiator, there is 83mm clearance between the mATX motherboard and the front of the chassis.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016

Well, the CPU MAX height is 48mm, so, maybe I guess is the same for the ram? But I need to double check on mine this evening!