Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

XiCynx

Cable Smoosher
New User
Sep 25, 2017
As far as i remember, matx cerberus is not tall enough to fit 280mm rad, even with rear psu.

Even i strongly advice to stay on 240mm rad on bottom as 280mm will cover all mb i/o.

yeah there's no radiator which is THAT short. entrance sides on the radiator would be too small for the inlets

(I'm almost done with the video, I swear ,_,)

Thanks guys! I didn't realize how little space there was after the actual mounting points where the inlets wouldn't be possible. Guess I'll try the following and see how it works:

240mm rad on the bottom as an intake (not sure if pulling through or pushing into the rad is better).
2x140mm fans on the front as an exhaust.
140mm fan on the top as an intake.

Reactions: MarcParis

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Thanks guys! I didn't realize how little space there was after the actual mounting points where the inlets wouldn't be possible. Guess I'll try the following and see how it works:

240mm rad on the bottom as an intake (not sure if pulling through or pushing into the rad is better).
2x140mm fans on the front as an exhaust.
140mm fan on the top as an intake.
On top, you can stick on slim noctua 120mm fan.
On bottom, i advice you place radiator below fans...better solution vs dust.

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
CPU- low 50's
GPU- 48 -50
HDD- 38-41 Edit: 46C

Haven't OC'ed anything yet as I've just gotten to really play with it for a few days. The cpu is a placeholder 8700T til the 9th gen series comes out so it can't OC anyways. The fans never spin above 50% during gaming, which is a bit louder than I'd like but not too distracting. The only one really concern of mine was the HDD temperature but it seems to stay below the 50C maximum temperature i saw online. On a 3 hour Ark marathon (about as long as I get to play) Ive seen 41 a couple times with an average 38-39 on it. Really happy with the outcome.

Edit 9/27: Have since been playing more demanding games I have seen 46C on drives. A little concerned but still riding it out as of right now.

Last edited:

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Finally finished my build so I could join the owners club. It’s a tight fit but everything went right in. I love this little beast.
Thanks for sharing another dual radiator setup!
SFX psu seems so tiny..;)

Please could you mention your components (cpu, gpu, radiator, etc...;)) I guess it will help anyone who wants to build a dual radiator setup.
Quick question : why did you use slim noctua fan instead 25mm variant (like nf a12x25 or gentle typhoon)? I guess you will solve your fan noise issue with them.

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
The build was an 8700T/ Asus Turbo 1080 Ti setup I pulled from a dan case. The rads were dark side 240mm crossflows with 17fpi.

I had and wanted to use 25mm noctua’s originally but doing some measurements, I didn’t really think I had the room. The front rad would’ve easily been possible, but I would have had to move the pump bracket to the top fan. This would have worked but I liked it lower to give me more room to get to the reservoir top easier when the tubes and cables were installed.

As for the bottom, i made some brackets that bolt to the rad and raise the stock hdd bracket included with the case up 20mm from the rad. That hdd is a Seagate 12tb and it is thick. I plan to get another when I do an incremental upgrade this fall. The stock bracket can not fit 2 of them so I also cut some mounts to where I can bolt a second one on top of it. I will have a couple mm to spare from the top of the 2nd hdd to the bottom of the GPU support bracket. So I’m a bit too tight to fit in the 25mm fan. I could probably have shortened the hdd brackets to 12mm and squeezed it in there but I was worried about the radiator heat warming the drives up.

Edit: I also agree with your previous statement about having fans in pull but I’ve preferred push since I had a loop in an air 540. Plus I tried to hide that horrible color scheme and it makes it easier to attach tubes with them on the other side. During regular use the noise is inaudible to me, just gets a bit louder than I care for gaming. This isn’t a big deal because it really isn’t loud, no louder than the dan case at least, plus I’m 90% of the time wearing headphones when gaming.

Reactions: MarcParis

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I know that I've promised an update this week, BUT the fucking DHL has lost/delivered nowhere the CPU. So, well, I need to wait they solve this mistery! Meanwhile I would like to ask: do you think that with my setup I can watercool both the Titan V and the 7980XE? I am afraid about the possible temperatures, but it will be great if It could be possible!

Next days I'll try to fit the Maelstrom Reservoir D5 X50 in my setup! So, I still have a bit of joy while waiting the CPU...

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Personally I definitely think you could. But it would be up to your noise tolerance. Even so, I’d bet it would still be quieter than the blower card.

Edit: think of it this way. Does anyone remember the amd 295x? It was a dual 290 card,in which each single card that can run hotter than any current production card, cooled by a single 120mm aio radiator. That card btw make more heat than your current rig @fabio

Last edited:

Sigurd

Chassis Packer
Jan 24, 2018
My Cerberus build:
- Intel Core i7-8700K (delidded with rockit cool) Coollaboratory Liquid Pro
- ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming, S1151
- Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz 16GB
- Samsung 960 PRO 512GB M.2 PCIe SSD
- EVGA CLC 280 with 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM 140mm
- Corsair SF600, 600W PSU SFX Form Factor /w Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM 92mm
- Pslat cabels ( www.pslatecustoms.com)
- Gainward GeForce GTX 1080 Phoenix GLH
and some other noctua fans :)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I know that I've promised an update this week, BUT the fucking DHL has lost/delivered nowhere the CPU. So, well, I need to wait they solve this mistery! Meanwhile I would like to ask: do you think that with my setup I can watercool both the Titan V and the 7980XE? I am afraid about the possible temperatures, but it will be great if It could be possible!

Next days I'll try to fit the Maelstrom Reservoir D5 X50 in my setup! So, I still have a bit of joy while waiting the CPU...
Definitely you should have enough cooling capabilities (dual slim rad) to cool your high end cpu and gpu..:)

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Definitely you should have enough cooling capabilities (dual slim rad) to cool your high end cpu and gpu..:)
Thanks! But maybe I was thinking that I will have problems with the tubes and fittings... I need to check better! Tomorrow I will try to fit the Swiftech reservoir and the aquac omputer NEXT waterblock!

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Thanks! But maybe I was thinking that I will have problems with the tubes and fittings... I need to check better! Tomorrow I will try to fit the Swiftech reservoir and the aquac omputer NEXT waterblock!
Definitely your big and fat ATX PSU won't help you to cram so many components..;)