Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
Was upgrading some parts in the Cerberus and noticed this awesome KI logo.

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
While I was swapping parts out today, I had a strange idea. Between the motherboard and the front of the chassis there is 83mm of space. The GEEEK custom modular FlexATX PSU is 81.5mm.

On paper I should be able to mount one there with a side mounted radiator. The concern at that point would be hour close the PSU is to the GPU backplate. Has anyone tried this?

galletabah

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2016
Can anyone say me the measurements of this window:

I will make it handmade or laser with tempered glass, but I want to left some space in the sides to make the panel a more rigid

Reactions: al007

CantingSoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 2, 2018
Can you mount an ATX psu even when the SFX/SFX-L internal style was purchased? Or would I have to buy a converter?

Last edited:

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
Can anyone say me the measurements of this window
metal panel window aperture:
91mm width
~282.5mm length
~5mm corner radius
34.6mm away from bottom edge of panel
27mm away from edge of panel lengthwise (centered)
(panel is slightly bowed outwards when unmounted, but take the tolerances to account anyway)

plastic window: ~10mm perimeter offset for mounting to panel. same radius point for corner. said offset is thinner than the rest of the plastic to fill into the window aperture

Can you mount an ATX psu even when the SFX/SFX-L internal style was purchased? Or would I have to buy a converter?
unless you're comfortable with mounting the PSU by its fan mounts, no.
(also I'm not sure if the infinivent can take the weight of a large ATX PSU)

Reactions: Phuncz

SweetVandal

Caliper Novice
Jul 30, 2018
Just wanted to share a quick update - definitely reached max capacity, but waiting on a few angled adapters before I can finish. Was planning to do a water block on the GPU in the future, but I'm really unsure about the clearance under the PSU. I guess we'll see...

So close, but still so far.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Just wanted to share a quick update - definitely reached max capacity, but waiting on a few angled adapters before I can finish. Was planning to do a water block on the GPU in the future, but I'm really unsure about the clearance under the PSU. I guess we'll see...

Nice RTX 2080 gpu..:)

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016

Amazing setup!! Can I ask if you can shot a more frontal pics to understand the space occupied for the D5 and Reservoir and the height of your radiator? Is it 280 or 240? Thanks a lot man!