Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

CantingSoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 2, 2018
My case shipped out this morning. I’ll be posting some pictures of my current build in the case and do a build log for my next build.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Admittedly I've only just started piecing together plans, and haven't done much digging or research yet, but doesn't the Cerberus X support 240mm/280mm rads? H100i (240mm) and H115i (280mm) both support TR4 - Any reason they wont fit with threadripper?

I've done a quick search within this thread, haven't read any reports of using these with threadripper yet, but I've read reports of them getting successfully squeezed into the case. The H115i in the front of the case, or the H100i in the bottom.

I'll do more reading tonight.
If you want to have a front mount, I suggest the Enermax Liqtech II TR4 280mm (It is thin enough to allow you to use GPU reference card length.)
Otherwise, you can go with the 240mm version, bottom mounted. There are few examples here, even in the sliger website under "user builds".
I suggest the Enermax because has a full socket coverage, the pump seems to be stronger than the asetek one, an MAYBE, on the last version the fixed the corrosion issues had with the previous one.

Or if you have a front mounted PSU SFX, you can consider the Air cooler Noctua U9s!

Last edited:

MP-Canuck

Cable Smoosher
Aug 29, 2017
Thanks for the update Ksliger! Will attempt to wait patiently. :p
We're working on NewEgg.ca and Newegg global, NewEgg USA will be first though - should be a good savings on shipping through that.

Thanks for the update Ksliger! Will attempt to wait patiently. :p

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
It's getting shape!!
Maybe I've found a way to route better the tubes using a bitspower magic-cube DDC top. (I am waiting to know from bitspower if I can use the hidden port as INtlet without any problem). The double rad and drain port are set up!

sjug

Cable Smoosher
Mar 8, 2018
If you want to have a front mount, I suggest the Enermax Liqtech II TR4 280mm (It is thin enough to allow you to use GPU reference card length.)
Otherwise, you can go with the 240mm version, bottom mounted. There are few examples here, even in the sliger website under "user builds".
I suggest the Enermax because has a full socket coverage, the pump seems to be stronger than the asetek one, an MAYBE, on the last version the fixed the corrosion issues had with the previous one.

Agreed the best option is theoretically the Enermax Liqtech II TR4 280mm as you say, however, it's not for sale anywhere and the pump/block is now 12mm(?) taller due to the RGB crap so it will only have (up to) 2mm clearance from the rear ATX PSU. I contacted Enermax regarding when or where I can buy the Enermax Liqtech II TR4 280mm but they didn't reply. Given this is purely a sales inquiry and they have never replied, I can only imagine how bad their customer support is when the AIO dies...

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
It's getting shape!!
Maybe I've found a way to route better the tubes using a bitspower magic-cube DDC top. (I am waiting to know from bitspower if I can use the hidden port as INtlet without any problem). The double rad and drain port are set up!

I like your dual rad+fan in slim version..:)
Eager to see global performance...but it’s looking good!

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Mee too! Sadly the CPU will arrive next week, so, I need to wait! Meanwhile, 2xSSD placed, RAM kit arrived, and I think even the tubes routing is done! :)

Impressed with your tubing. It’s pretty clean and leaves ton of place for gpu and psu mount..:)

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Amazing work @fabio, you could make a living doing custom loops if you really wanted to. Very few can do that quality of work with the level of forward planning shown there.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Sorry for the late reply.

The pump/res combo initially required placing the parts in a certain order, but now I'm familiar with it and have learned that I can just put the pump in first and let it rest/stand on top of the GPU. Then, I simply close the side-bracket and attach the pump to it using the screws/washers. I haven't encountered any performance or temperature issues. The GPU runs very cool and the CPU runs okay at stock. The CPU in general runs pretty hot though and that's why I decided to water cool in the first place. I ended up giving up on running all cores at 4.2GHz+ because of the voltage requirement and decided to leave it at stock.
Could I ask one quick thing? Could you give me please the full dimensions of the Swiftech Maelstrom that you have? Thanks a lot!

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Amazing work @fabio, you could make a living doing custom loops if you really wanted to. Very few can do that quality of work with the level of forward planning shown there.
Thank you! But without your Cerberus Project, I would never have done all of this! More updates next week! I would like to see if I can put a D5 pump using the Swiftech Maelstrom X50, with the same config!

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Thank you! But without your Cerberus Project, I would never have done all of this! More updates next week! I would like to see if I can put a D5 pump using the Swiftech Maelstrom X50, with the same config!
Maybe with 50mm maelstrom version..:)

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Maybe with 50mm maelstrom version..:)
Exactly! But it's a pain in Europe to find the Swiftech products. BTW, ordered one from eBay, let's see!
I hate a bit the EK one, for the extender mandatory for the inlet, of one weird size of 16mm??? that increase the space needed) and because there is only one port on top, so for filling I guess I will need more time.
My idea was to use a Bitspower DDC magic cube that has a better placement for the port, but the inlet will go directly into the pump (Asked to Bitspower directly). To have it fully functional, you should have the inlet from above the reservoir (seriously???).

It's my first watercooling setup, maybe I am thinking too much!

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Exactly! But it's a pain in Europe to find the Swiftech products. BTW, ordered one from eBay, let's see!
I hate a bit the EK one, for the extender mandatory for the inlet, of one weird size of 16mm??? that increase the space needed) and because there is only one port on top, so for filling I guess I will need more time.
My idea was to use a Bitspower DDC magic cube that has a better placement for the port, but the inlet will go directly into the pump (Asked to Bitspower directly). To have it fully functional, you should have the inlet from above the reservoir (seriously???).

It's my first watercooling setup, maybe I am thinking too much!
Well, as swiftech fan, i always struggled to find them in europe. However, since approx 1 year, you can directly order swiftech on swiftech website..:)
I’m covered if ever my swiftech combo (apogee drive ii and reservoir/radiator) failed..:)

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
I fixed my GPU sag, just moved the cable to give i some tension to pull on it.

Before

After

Thinking of replacing the CPU cooler, to a 280mm AIO cooler in the bottom
How do you like the white? I looks great from just the front panel and that accented LED from the motherboard.

urdmiz

Chassis Packer
Nov 15, 2017
How do you like the white? I looks great from just the front panel and that accented LED from the motherboard.

I actually like it alot, I will post a picture of all my setup later this week, I need to clean up my desk. The white is a nice true white color. I only have the one vented panels so the rgb is very subtle which is what I prefer.

Reactions: FoskcoRS5