Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Thanks a lot @KSliger , it’s a pleasure! But it’s the Cerberus that deserve so many attentions!

OFF Topic, could someone explain to me the power and led wires what is what? The red is power or led? Thanks a lot!

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Finally starting to build! Still missing 2x20mm XSPC radiators, 1 more GPU and the CPU, but the dimensions are taken and tubing almost done!
Everything should fit! When it will be done I will post the full list if could be helpful for someone else!

I believe that would take the performance per liter crown....

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
I believe that would take the performance per liter crown....

Just got done with my build but it took quite a bit of parts swapping to find the perfect fit. The unfortunate thing is that I was only able to find one PSU (Seasonic 1200W) with 170mm depth and enough power that would allow for the Enermax TR4 280mm AIO to fit and power the quad Titan Vs. Hopefully in the future, they'll be able to come out with one that has 1300+ W of power - 1200W barely squeezes by so no overclocking for now.

Cable management was also a tough one to crack, I had to constantly tuck cables behind the radiator in the rear to allow for adequate airflow throughout the case. The one mod that I plan to do next is get custom cables for the motherboard and the two EPS cables, that would clean up the top portion nicely as you can see from the photos.

Overall I'm extremely happy with the sizing of the case. I just received my second one and will be building one with 4 x 1080 Ti as a backup system but the top panel is a different color? Was that a mistake? It's charcoal grey and doesn't seem to match the side panels. Sliger?

Not quite but it’s close lol.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
A quick update on my build: the new XSPC TX have arrived, are so tiny!

At the beginning was planned to use one of it with 2xNoctua A12x15 and one with the new Sterrox A12x25, but with these I am having clearance issue routing one tube. Let's see if I can fix it, otherwise, I will go for another pair of 15mm, hoping will not affect too much the performance of the 7980XE.

Now it's time to organize the PCIE cables! More updates in the next days.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
A quick update on my build: the new XSPC TX have arrived, are so tiny!

At the beginning was planned to use one of it with 2xNoctua A12x15 and one with the new Sterrox A12x25, but with these I am having clearance issue routing one tube. Let's see if I can fix it, otherwise, I will go for another pair of 15mm, hoping will not affect too much the performance of the 7980XE.

Now it's time to organize the PCIE cables! More updates in the next days.

Eager to see some photos of final build!

Last edited:

Iwanit

Chassis Packer
Sep 5, 2018
Hi @KSliger Apologies if I've missed anything - but will your cases still be showing up on newegg?

Just wondering if i should consider biting the bullet and paying the hefty shipping price now, or whether it'll be worth waiting it out a little longer. (I'm in Australia)

Beautiful cases by the way - the cerberus X looks perfect for a 2950x build I'm pricing out at the moment :)

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
Hi @KSliger Apologies if I've missed anything - but will your cases still be showing up on newegg?

Just wondering if i should consider biting the bullet and paying the hefty shipping price now, or whether it'll be worth waiting it out a little longer. (I'm in Australia)

Beautiful cases by the way - the cerberus X looks perfect for a 2950x build I'm pricing out at the moment :)

I've convinced a few of my colleagues to buy the chassis. Its perfect for nearly every build.

Reactions: KSliger

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015

NewEgg in first week of October at latest, you might see them there before that depending on when our listing gets approved.

Has anyone tried mounting frozenq ncase m1 reservoir on back? I'll have to post pictures of my setup later.

I've heard it works but have not seen a picture of it.

Reactions: Nanook and TheHig

sjug

Cable Smoosher
Mar 8, 2018

I'm playing around with this idea as well, but there's no threadripper cooling right now that fits other than the small 4U Noctua cooler.

Iwanit

Chassis Packer
Sep 5, 2018
I'm playing around with this idea as well, but there's no threadripper cooling right now that fits other than the small 4U Noctua cooler.

Admittedly I've only just started piecing together plans, and haven't done much digging or research yet, but doesn't the Cerberus X support 240mm/280mm rads? H100i (240mm) and H115i (280mm) both support TR4 - Any reason they wont fit with threadripper?

I've done a quick search within this thread, haven't read any reports of using these with threadripper yet, but I've read reports of them getting successfully squeezed into the case. The H115i in the front of the case, or the H100i in the bottom.

I'll do more reading tonight.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Will they be available on Newegg.ca or only .com?

We're working on NewEgg.ca and Newegg global, NewEgg USA will be first though - should be a good savings on shipping through that.

Admittedly I've only just started piecing together plans, and haven't done much digging or research yet, but doesn't the Cerberus X support 240mm/280mm rads? H100i (240mm) and H115i (280mm) both support TR4 - Any reason they wont fit with threadripper?

I've done a quick search within this thread, haven't read any reports of using these with threadripper yet, but I've read reports of them getting successfully squeezed into the case. The H115i in the front of the case, or the H100i in the bottom.

I'll do more reading tonight.

They both fit in bottom, but the 240mm is recommended as 280mm is a tight fit.

Iwanit

Chassis Packer
Sep 5, 2018
NewEgg in first week of October at latest, you might see them there before that depending on when our listing gets approved.

We're working on NewEgg.ca and Newegg global, NewEgg USA will be first though - should be a good savings on shipping through that.

Awesome, thanks for the update. Newegg in October is brilliant news - can we expect global shipping within October as well - or a month or so after?

Thanks for all your effort in getting shipping and distribution costs under control for us - hope newegg isn't taking too big of a chunk! :)

They both fit in bottom, but the 240mm is recommended as 280mm is a tight fit.

Good to hear! I have yet to properly investigate thermals for the 2950x - but I suspect a 280mm would be a better idea if I can squeeze it in.

Noise levels will be relatively important for me, and summers can get quite hot here in Australia, so still need to actually determine if I'll be pushing it too far trying to cram a 16c/32t beast in here.

For those of you who consider getting this case or just like Noctua fans, this post is for you.

I did this build in december and I love the Cerberus X case, it is as close to perfection in a case that I have ever got.

Rough specs are Threadripper 1950X, a Sapphire RX Vega 64 Nitro+, a 3,5' HDD, and some other good stuff, CPU is cooled by Enermax TR4 240 AIO.

I have been using the Noctua iPPC NF-F12 fans from the start as an upgrade from the AIO stock fans, and also two additional in the front, a total of 4 120mm fans.

The system has been close to perfect, the only caveat being the noise levels generated by the iPPC fans. I have tried the regular NF-F12 fans but they did not move enough air to cool the components.

When Noctua released the new Noctua NF-A12x25 fans I got really excited, of course I had to try them out.

They finally arrived today and I got to install them, the difference is night and day. They are completely silent, the iPPC are not comparable, even with same RPM.

Funny thing is, the temperatures are equal or just slightly higher during stress testing, despite the new fans running at lower RPM and maximum being 2000 RPM, I used to run the iPPC fans at 2400-2700 RPM during heavy load.

I can wholeheartedly recommend these fans for anyone who is considering them, the color scheme is funky ( I like it ) but if you can look past that you get amazing airflow and very low noise levels.

Hey @Johnny0971 would you be able to share temperatures? (CPU, GPU and rough ambient temp) Would also be awesome to also hear how your builds going - any issues you encountered? I'm looking at doing a very similar build, but with a 2950x and no HDD. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: MP-Canuck

Legion

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 22, 2017

Any news of a European distributor?
It will cost me almost double the price of the case (after shipping and import duty costs) to import one into the UK direct from you.
That's pretty crazy!

Casekingde and Overclockers UK are always interested in products like this, they even stock Dan's A4.

Last edited:
Reactions: Biowarejak