Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

BirdofPrey

Standards Guru
Sep 3, 2015
Why? Personal taste or is there a particular reason?

The main character's giant robot(?) from Neon genesis Evangelion, EVA Unit 01

Also
Then my production unit will be red panels.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Yup, and I guess I don't have a picture of it but I have a set of blue panels and white handle for Cerberus-00 like I did for Nova-00.

And we put in the order for the power cords yesterday. They'll be taking the literal slow boat from China though so it'll be some time before they show up.

PNP

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 10, 2015
They'll be taking the literal slow boat from China though so it'll be some time before they show up.

Like, "have to fill up the shipping container with other stuff before it can be loaded" slow? Because that can turn 30 days across the Pacific into 2+ months...

Also, if you get the cords before you get pre-production feedback, will you wait for feedback or begin taking orders?

Reactions: VegetableStu

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
You should take a picture with the three cases together during the production run after you get Unit 02!

That's the plan! I was tempted to get 9 units in white after the first production unit but I don't know :p

Like, "have to fill up the shipping container with other stuff before it can be loaded" slow? Because that can turn 30 days across the Pacific into 2+ months...

Not sure yet.

Also, if you get the cords before you get pre-production feedback, will you wait for feedback or begin taking orders?

We are going to wait for feedback. The cords may show up before we're ready but we wanted to get the order in before the Chinese New Year.

Vmatias

Case Bender
Jan 11, 2017
When does Cerberus come out? And how much is it? Planning on moving my build into a smaller case and this just looks absolutely perfect!!

This has probably been answered before somewhere in these 87 pages but I couldn't find it lol

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Stupid question, and I'm sure it has already been asked...but is there any tempered glass panel version forecasted?..:D

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
thanks for your fast answer..:)

Or do you have a plan to show internals of the case (bigger than just GPU), and not at the front also?

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
The optional panel with the small window on the side for the GPU is all we have planned.

The way the frame, panels, and vents are designed make it difficult to add more windows without sacrificing manufacturability or cooling.

Reactions: VegetableStu

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I paid $2700 for the base package. It was in December 2015 and they gave me a discount to sweeten the deal to make their sales for the year look better. Buying high-end CAD is much like buying a car, there is room to negotiate.

The import/export packages can add up quickly, so carefully consider if you need any. And also take into account the annual maintenance is around $815.

Overall, I really like SpaceClaim but I would highly recommend getting the free trial and trying it out for a few weeks to make sure it's worth the investment. Autodesk Inventor is available for free for hobbyists I believe and it's powerful too.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I do not, the base package has SketchUp and STEP which is what I use the most.

I've considered getting the one that supports SolidWorks import and .x_b export but that's around $600 and I don't need it often enough to justify yet.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
The optional panel with the small window on the side for the GPU is all we have planned.

The way the frame, panels, and vents are designed make it difficult to add more windows without sacrificing manufacturability or cooling.
Thanks again for your answer!

I understand difficulty, no issue

Reactions: jeshikat

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I could also add that the 2xrazer cerberus laptop were stolen just before end of CES 2017...and now they are on sale in China lol..:D

Reactions: Phuncz